2016 Republican National Convention

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I had to laugh when i heard the plagiarism charges about Melania.. not that i blame her, because clearly this was written by some hack speech writer who must be one of the dumbest people on the planet to think a speech which was seen by 40 million people wouldn't be recognized for its similarities when seen by the exact same audience, even 8 years later.

It's just that this has happened every week in the Trump campaign.. some fiasco of comment or predicament. They don't even have time to settle before the next one is upon us. This thing is a runaway locomotive with its throttle stuck on wide open. It blasts through all impediments which would derail other campaigns.

You'd have to think there is only two possible outcomes for all this. Either in careens off a curve into a oil refinery and blows itself to smithereens in an earthshaking fireball.. or its runs out of steam and coasts its battered hulk to a controlled stop at the portico of White House.

Everything about this indicates to me that its going to be the latter. It seems the hands of fate are directing this. Even scripted events like the Republican Convention go wildly off program and veer into chaos.. and Trump just barrels on.

It's certainly entertaining for fans of demolition derbies and train wrecks.. but i'm meditating on the sheer inevitability of a Trump Presidency now. I don't expect this to stop and i think there is just enough management applied to things to keep the campaign on the tracks.

Has anyone else noticed how 'AMERICAN' this all is. I mean the America of the poster of the carnival barker and wagging finger.. in the stars and stripes Top Hat and Tails.... "America Wants You". Trump seems to be at a nexus of destiny, Captain America is upon us.

That is very good and funny reading, thanks for the laugh, I'm rolling one up because of it.

I'am not convinced that something totally unforseen in American politics happens and Mr Trump is unable to continue his triumphant entry into that nations kapital.

There have been many groundless rumours about Clinton visciousness lately, pray with me that nothing of the sort happens.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes, we know that the total range and depth of your thought on the issue is "I hate Hillary."

For those of us who live here, it's a little more important.

Hate Hillary??? Don't be so silly! As an ordinary member of the general public, Hillary is alright! There's just no depth to the woman or if there is it's just covered up by conceit and self importance. Do you actually think candidates for presidency should be chronic liars and bull sh*tters?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I had to laugh when i heard the claims of copying about Melania.. I don't blame her, because clearly this was beyond her capability, but it's obvious that a speech which was heard by about 40 million people wouldn't be recognized for its similarities when seen by the exact same audience, some 8 years later.

It happens every week in the Trump campaign.. some fiasco of comment or predicament. They don't even have time to settle before the next one is upon us. This thing is a runaway locomotive with its throttle stuck on wide open. It blasts through all impediments which would derail other campaigns.Even scripted events like the Republican Convention go wildly off program and veer into chaos.. and Trump just barrels on.

It's certainly entertaining for fans train wrecks.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I had to chuckle when I heard the accusations of copying about Melania. It's not her fault. This was beyond her capability, but it's obvious that a speech heard by about 45 million people wouldn't be recognized for its similarities when seen by the exact same audience, close to a decade later.

It happens every week in the Trump campaign.. some fiasco of comment or problem. They don't even have time to settle before the next one is upon us. This thing is a runaway locomotive with its throttle stuck on wide open. It blasts through all impediments which would derail other campaigns.Even scripted events like the Republican Convention go wildly off program and veer into chaos.. and Trump just trundles on.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I had to chuckle when I heard the accusations of copying about Melania. It's not her fault. This was beyond her capability, but it's obvious that a speech heard by about 45 million people wouldn't be recognized for its similarities when seen by the exact same audience, close to a decade later.

It happens every week in the Trump campaign.. some fiasco of comment or problem. They don't even have time to settle before the next one is upon us. This thing is a runaway locomotive with its throttle stuck on wide open. It blasts through all impediments which would derail other campaigns.Even scripted events like the Republican Convention go wildly off program and veer into chaos.. and Trump just trundles on.

Is what two women said 8 years apart even relevant? There's bigger fish to fry, at least they weren't wearing the same dress! :) :)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I would like to have seen Trump fire a speechwriter on live tv. Even if just with an actor. No need to pretend it was an accident, just be honest and have a laugh.