2016 Republican National Convention

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Well, not all of it. Just several parts quoted almost word for word. It's quite amusing to hear it side by side.

The Donald is using Ann Coulter's books; his wife uses Michelle Obama's words. What a team.

several, almost...yeah yeah.

watch the 2 vids on barry.

repeating clichés is not an example of plagiarism.

and so what? you're shocked by any of this? barry, harper, mooch, don, shiny pony...they all do it pal.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Well, not all of it. Just several parts quoted almost word for word. It's quite amusing to hear it side by side.

The Donald is using Ann Coulter's books; his wife uses Michelle Obama's words. What a team.
I didn't hear her say for the first time she's proud to be an American as Moochelle said.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I got an advance copy of Trump's speech:

"
Four score and seven years ago our fathers were faced with a terrible economic situation, on this continent, a new nation, conceived in economic Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are given equal opportunities to invest in the market.

Now we are engaged in a great economic war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure the flood of criminal immigrants. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a fence, a great wall, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

I didn't hear her say for the first time she's proud to be an American as Moochelle said.

She doesn't sound like an American, she's probably one of those murdering, raping immigrants.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just to be a fly on wall with the ability to watch Hillary!! :) :)
Yes, we know that the total range and depth of your thought on the issue is "I hate Hillary."

For those of us who live here, it's a little more important.

Excellent. I reckon your Sarah Palin picture was getting downright crusty.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I had to laugh when i heard the plagiarism charges about Melania.. not that i blame her, because clearly this was written by some hack speech writer who must be one of the dumbest people on the planet to think a speech which was seen by 40 million people wouldn't be recognized for its similarities to another when seen by the exact same audience, even 8 years later.

It's just that this has happened every week in the Trump campaign.. some fiasco of a comment or a predicament. They don't even have time to settle before the next one is upon us. This thing is a runaway locomotive with its throttle stuck on wide open. It blasts through all impediments which would derail other campaigns.

You'd have to think there is only two possible outcomes for all this. Either in careens off a curve into a oil refinery and blows itself to smithereens in an earthshaking fireball.. or its runs out of steam and coasts its battered hulk to a controlled stop at the portico of White House.

Everything about this indicates to me that its going to be the latter. It seems the hands of fate are directing this. Even scripted events like the Republican Convention go wildly off program and veer into chaos.. and Trump just barrels on.

It's certainly entertaining for fans of demolition derbies and train wrecks.. but i'm meditating on the sheer inevitability of a Trump Presidency now. I don't expect this to stop and i think there is just enough management applied to things to keep the campaign on the tracks.

Has anyone else noticed how 'AMERICAN' this all is. I mean the America of the poster of the circus ringmaster and wagging finger.. in the stars and stripes Top Hat and Tails.... "America Wants You". Trump seems to be at a nexus of destiny, Uncle Sam is upon us.

Last edited: