“Wokeness” in Canada and elsewhere…

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.
I agree, except for the "killing" part. Forced movement, breaking up families, and banning languages are also examples of genocidal actions.
I doubt if one could consider the murder of indigenous women "genocide" but I suppose it could apply because it's "only" women. But now-a-days you could probably apply that to ALL women since there is such an effort to destroy the gender, but I digress.
I agree with that completely. The murder of indigenous women happens for a number of reasons, and I don't think there's any huge push on in Canada to wipe out indigenous culture. It certainly doesn't help the argument that it's genocide to note the the primary killers of indigenous women are indigenous men.
Genocide usually refers to a whole group of people belonging to the same society (for lack of a better term). Men & children would also have to be included. In this case, they're not which is why I'm questioning the term. Just sayin...
I agree with that as well

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This normalization of discrimination in the name of diversity, equity and inclusion has been pushed by the federal government and fully embraced by Canadian universities. Some federally funded research positions have been subject to overt discrimination since 2018, when the Liberals imposed identity quotas on the Canada Research Chairs program.

Many university positions are now only open to people of specific ethnic groups or skin colours. It harkens back to a time when Jews were barred from many academic positions, only now it’s done in the name of “diversity” and “inclusion.”

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Watched some White American university students (obviously leftards) join a group of pro-Palestinian demonstrators in chanting "No peace on stolen land".
Clueless. Abso-fucking-lutely clueless.
Somewhere Tecumseh is laughing bitterly and Seattle is crying.

(Seattle always was a bit of a pussy.)

Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Watched some White American university students (obviously leftards) join a group of pro-Palestinian demonstrators in chanting "No peace on stolen land".
Clueless. Abso-fucking-lutely clueless.

Well it is, technically, semi-stolen.

As for clueless - they could be, their kids and likely don't normally GAF about international politics. They're just hopping onto whatever 'issue' looks "coolest".

As it is, anyone supporting Israel is pretty clueless.

As it is, anyone supporting Hamas is pretty clueless.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Well it is, technically, semi-stolen.

As for clueless - they could be, their kids and likely don't normally GAF about international politics. They're just hopping onto whatever 'issue' looks "coolest".

As it is, anyone supporting Israel is pretty clueless.

As it is, anyone supporting Hamas is pretty clueless.
omg girl are you totally missing the fvcking elephant in the room?

WE'RE ALL ON STOLEN LAND HERE.

perhaps you should give it up?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
sure, and his descendants, include yourself if you don't like feeling left out, and every other shade that's come here since.

man, when I see stories like BC's history, it's sickening... really.

1698796747846.png

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
omg girl are you totally missing the fvcking elephant in the room?

WE'RE ALL ON STOLEN LAND HERE.

perhaps you should give it up?

Love the lyric. Trust Peter Garrett to put it straight out.

The time has come
To say "fair's fair"
To pay the rent
To pay our share
The time has come
A fact's a fact
It belongs to them
Let's give it back

(You do realize Peter Garret is a screaming-meemie, Green, anti-nuke liberal, right?)

"liberal" not "Liberal." Confusingly enough, in Oz the Liberal Party is the conservative party. The Labour Party is the liberal party.

Last edited:

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
yeah well, it is down under, as they say, and perhaps a bit of a bizarro effect takes shape