Wheat board monopoly to end

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yeah sold to all corners using a pool system to keep costs down. You want me to side-step pooling and sell direct. Go ahead trying selling your product without a pool and see if customers come running to you or from you.

Why not. It works for logs. Granted I don't get the same price for 2 or 3 loads from a little clearing job as I would from a timber sale of 100 loads but there is no shortage of buyers. Paid on grade.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Why not. It works for logs. Granted I don't get the same price for 2 or 3 loads from a little clearing job as I would from a timber sale of 100 loads but there is no shortage of buyers. Paid on grade.

.... But, but, but.. How can that be?

Why there's no gvt body that you're forced to sell to?.. No 'lumber pool'?.. No Big Brother to watch-out for you?..

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Does it work for logs? Raw or cut? Why do you export raw logs? Where is your "value added"?

I didn't forget. I don't answer your silly distraction questions.

Reciprocation.
You said I'm being ripped off. Tell my how and explain in FULL.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Still having some issues with comprehension I see.

The fact that I don't answer questions for people who don't answer mine, aside, I already posted the link. You purposely miss read it.

But feel free to keep flailing around.

It's funny.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
And again I have to point out crops being plowed under, and milk being pour on the ground. To avoid penalty.

Manipulating supply, to artificially increase price, isn't in the consumers favour.

That is only one aspect of our food production system. The reality is that we have a cheap food policy in this country. Were the government to remove themselves completely from the picture, food prices would double.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't want a link. I want your opinion based on direct experience. Explain the rip off scenario in FULL based on your personal experience of being ripped off by the CWB.

That is only one aspect of our food production system. The reality is that we have a cheap food policy in this country. Were the government to remove themselves completely from the picture, food prices would double.
You mean competeing against subsidized agro like the US? I'll gladly ditch the wheat board for a $30 an acre subsidy funded directly by taxpayers.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That is only one aspect of our food production system.
Since the discussion is on 'marketing boards", I guess that's as close to conceding as you'll ever get.

I don't want a link. I want your opinion based on direct experience.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's a marketing board or a marketing board with a massive high volume pool system? What are the differences?

Since the discussion is on 'marketing boards", I guess that's as close to conceding as you'll ever get.

That's your direct experience? None?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Does it work for logs? Raw or cut? Why do you export raw logs? Where is your "value added"?

This is how it has worked for logs since forever. If it is cut it is NOT a raw log. I don't export raw logs. It is not all that simple. Most of the raw log exports come from large private lands and some more specialized logs or parts of them from crown land. There are two main reasons for raw log exports. Cost of lumber production in B.C. is the main one and includes high wages, taxes by all levels of governments and the high cost of compliance with local bylaws and environmental laws. Second is that many countries do not build as we do and our mills do not cut what they want easily. Especially in second growth. I
Why don't you export loaves of bread instead of wheat?
I'm still not clear on why we export crude oil instead of refined products either. Seams to me we are missing out on a huge job creation project.