Wheat board monopoly to end

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You missed it not me.
I guess you'd have to see it that way. The reality doesn't suit you.

Read again?

Why is shipping so high for canola? CWB or that it goes by truck and not by rail? Why can't it go by rail and by ship, raw to market?
Nice quote cutting. Fail...

Wanna try that again, in context?

... All these other arguments are so far off base in terms of the core issue (ie this thread) that is laughable.
That's typical for when petros starts losing an argument.

Nothing will ever make them happy... They desire the soothing hand of Big Brother to tell 'em what to do and that they are so lucky to have such an insightful and omnipotent overseer.
Who overcharges them for marketing and under cuts the value of their product. Neat.

I don't live on the Gulf Coast. Send it without a pipeline.
Nice attempted edit. The reason petroleum costs are higher in Canada, is because we don't have the pipe network the US does.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why don't I just pick up a pool barrel at market price then and save all these hassles?

Nice attempted edit. The reason petroleum costs are higher in Canada, is because we don't have the pipe network the US does.
Where do the northern states get their fuel?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Bear, Capt., Petros- Are you boys getting any closer to settling your differences? I'm not detecting much progress. :lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Where do the northern states get their fuel?
I know you're running out of BS, but why don't you stick to the topic.

Try going back and not editing the CWB Alliance chair's commentary, to suit your needs.

It's the CWB and its proponents that want add canola to the pool.

It's OK though, I can understand your consternation.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You want me to sell a graded, delivered product at market price but want an extremely over-inflated price for yours? Is that what you want to happen to grain (food) prices?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I know you're running out of BS, but why don't you stick to the topic.

Try going back and not editing the CWB Alliance chair's commentary, to suit your needs.

It's the CWB and its proponents that want add canola to the pool.

It's OK though, I can understand your consternation.
Knock yourself out!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You want me to sell a graded, delivered product at market price but want an extremely over-inflated price for yours? Is that what you want to happen to grain (food) prices?
Do you have some proof that will happen?

Seems the CWB is still going to exist.

You can keep getting ripped off.

Those who don't want to, can sell what they want on the open market.

Freedom of choice is a cool thing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's the MO we've come to expect.

Petros somehow believed that an oil company is not able to sell their product to all comers, so the easy-out is to befuddle the issue.

No surprise really.
Yeah sold to all corners using a pool system to keep costs down. You want me to side-step pooling and sell direct. Go ahead trying selling your product without a pool and see if customers come running to you or from you.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Do you have some proof that will happen?

Seems the CWB is still going to exist.

You can keep getting ripped off.

Those who don't want to, can sell what they want on the open market.

Freedom of choice is a cool thing.
Yup. Will exist for four years. Tell me how I'm being ripped off. Explain in FULL.

Excellent deflection.
No deflection at all. You can read all the opinions you want but what is your direct experience with producing and marketing grain?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yeah sold to all corners using a pool system to keep costs down. You want me to side-step pooling and sell direct. Go ahead trying selling your product without a pool and see if customers come running to you or from you.

Time to man-up and move on.

Fact is, the CWB prohibited wheat farmers from selling independently at whatever price they could get on the open market under whatever terms conditions were applied... That is not the case with oil (as per your original challenge).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Time to man-up and move on.

Fact is, the CWB prohibited wheat farmers from selling independently at whatever price they could get on the open market under whatever terms conditions were applied... That is not the case with oil (as per your original challenge).
Sell to who? Where and at what distance?