WE really need to get rid of this guy

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Doubt it. Don’t really know but I doubt it.

The Prime Minister of Canada is not a constitutional position. Parliamentarians are, and the Prime Minister of Canada is Parliamentarian. But they have no special privileges or protection beyond being a Parliamentarian.

Only one Parliamentarian has ever been expelled and charged with a crime related to treason or espionage. Fred Rose (politician) was an actual Communist, but also got caught up in the transition from WWII to the Cold War. He was caught up in the defection of Igor Gouzenko - Wikipedia and the discovery of the large Soviet spy rings operating in Canada and the United States.

(I'm waiting for shock from the right leaning posters on my suggesting Trudeau should be up for treason :p )

I guess here's where I show my bigotry - fuck China (or rather, their "government") and everything they stand for. And anyone who supports said regime. If that includes Canadian leaders/politicians and it can be proven that they are in the pocket of the Chinese, fuck them too and charge them with treason.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
(I'm waiting for shock from the right leaning posters on my suggesting Trudeau should be up for treason :p )
It's a dumb thing to say. We're not shocked when you're dumb.

Treason is a very specific charge and has very specific applications. While people toss the word around casually it's not just "Did something bad for the country'.

So there are many types of 'treasonous' acts including high treason but the only one which would have any possible relevance would be this one from the criminal code:
46 (2) b

(b) without lawful authority, communicates or makes available to an agent of a state other than Canada, military or scientific information or any sketch, plan, model, article, note or document of a military or scientific character that he knows or ought to know may be used by that state for a purpose prejudicial to the safety or defence of Canada;

So - the important part is the first one. Without lawful authority. The Prime minister has the authority to transfer ANY such documentation if he wishes. And does so all the time - we send schematics of our military vehicles to saudi arabia when they bought some for example, we share details of our hardware and science with other countries all the time.

So it's just about impossible for trudeau to be guilty of that kind of treason. He could still declare war on the rest of canada or try to kill the king of course, which would count ;)

There are many crimes he might be accused of, but treason isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

I guess here's where I show my bigotry - fuck China (or rather, their "government") and everything they stand for. And anyone who supports said regime. If that includes Canadian leaders/politicians and it can be proven that they are in the pocket of the Chinese, fuck them too and charge them with treason.
I’m not shocked & it’s touchy. Acknowledging that China (the nation) is 1/4 (very close to it) of the global population as a potential trade block is different than supporting the Chinese Government and their policies…but once the CCP steps in on the negotiation or trade…it’s a tangled mess at best.

(Accepting a donation of a million dollars to your foundation as a sitting PM as part of the prerequisite to a private meeting with Chinese Billionaires does smell…off… but maybe it’s a coincidence and apparently not against parliamentary ethics, and it seems you don’t become a Billionaire in China without ties to the CCP.)

The 1.7 Billion Chinese in China are a tempting trade target and hard to ignore but the bullying CCP are like the cloud of a raunchy noxious fart hanging over it all.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Acknowledging that China (the nation) is 1/4 (very close to it) of the global population as a potential trade block is different than supporting the Chinese Government and their policies…but once the CCP steps in on the negotiation or trade…it’s a tangled mess at best.

Agreed.

(Accepting a donation of a million dollars to your foundation as a sitting PM as part of the prerequisite to a private meeting with Chinese Billionaires does smell…off…

IMO, it's not off, it should be, if it's not, downright illegal.

but maybe it’s a coincidence and apparently not against parliamentary ethics, and it seems you don’t become a Billionaire in China without ties to the CCP.)

I suppose I can see the problem with it when put that way. I just cannot trust China - it's Government - because they appear - historically - as very much like those regimes that believe theirs is the best people and only people who should have power, all others are weaker and should be subservient. Or shouldn't exist at all.

The 1.7 Billion Chinese in China are a tempting trade target and hard to ignore

Which proves the "it's complicated" part of it all; agreed.

but the bullying CCP are like the cloud of a raunchy noxious fart hanging over it all.

Bullying, demeaning, egomaniacs...

That they abuse their own people and because of the culture, the people are okay with it, just really takes a rusted fork to my sense of empathy and honor and such.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
(Accepting a donation of a million dollars to your foundation as a sitting PM as part of the prerequisite to a private meeting with Chinese Billionaires does smell…off… but maybe it’s a coincidence and apparently not against parliamentary ethics, and it seems you don’t become a Billionaire in China without ties to the CCP.)
This is so 2016 though so it’s outside the statute of limitations of voters memories, but…
1668391120061.png
IMO, it's not off, it should be, if it's not, downright illegal.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was the top draw at a $1,500 Liberal Party cash-for-access fundraiser at the mansion of a wealthy Chinese-Canadian business executive in May. One of the guests at the event was a well-heeled donor who was seeking Ottawa's final approval to begin operating a new bank aimed at Canada's Chinese community.

The Globe and Mail has learned that wealthy Chinese businessman Zhang Bin who, with a partner, donated $1-million to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation and the University of Montreal Faculty of Law weeks after the fundraiser, also attended the event. Mr. Zhang is a political adviser to the Chinese government in Beijing and a senior apparatchik in the network of Chinese state promotional activities around the world.

Chinese Business Chamber of Commerce chair Benson Wong played host to Mr. Trudeau and 32 other people at his Toronto home. Among the donors was insurance tycoon Shenglin Xian, the founder of Wealth One Bank of Canada, and several Chinese billionaires.

Attending the fundraiser appears to breach the ethical rules laid down by Mr. Trudeau after he took office. These "Open and Accountable Government" rules state "there should be no preferential access, or appearance of preferential access" in exchange for political donations.

The fundraiser also appears to violate Liberal Party guidelines that require party officials to ban anyone from attending a fundraiser if they have direct business interests before the government.

Just weeks after the May fundraiser, the Trudeau Foundation and the university announced that Mr. Zhang, who is also president of the China Cultural Industry Association, and another wealthy Chinese businessman, Niu Gensheng, would donate $1-million to the University of Montreal and the Trudeau Foundation "to honour the memory and leadership" of the former prime minister, who opened diplomatic relations with China in 1970.

Of the $1-million endowment, $200,000 went to the Trudeau Foundation, $50,000 will pay for the statue of the elder Mr. Trudeau, and $750,000 will fund University of Montreal Faculty of Law scholarships, which include grants for Quebec students to visit China. Probably just a coincidence though.

The Prime Minister has come under fire for cash-for-access fundraisers at homes or hotels where Canadians pay up to $1,525 to rub shoulders with Liberal ministers in charge of major spending and policy decisions.

Last Tuesday, Liberal MPs voted down a Conservative Party motion backed by the New Democrats that would have transferred the Open and Accountable rules on lobbying and fundraising to Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson. This would have given Ms. Dawson's office the legal power to crack down on such events.

"During their first year in office, the Liberals have held more than 80 cash-for-access fundraising events featuring lobbyists, lawyers and important stakeholder groups currently doing business with the Government of Canada," Conservative MP Blaine Calkins said.

The Liberal Party said in a Nov. 4 (2016) letter to all cabinet ministers (‘Cuz it’s 2015-ish) and parliamentary secretaries that it takes stringent steps to weed people out of fundraisers if they have direct business dealings with the government. “Well then, nothing to see here! Move along…” The rest at the above link.

• Angry
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
It's a dumb thing to say. We're not shocked when you're dumb.

Treason is a very specific charge and has very specific applications. While people toss the word around casually it's not just "Did something bad for the country'.

So there are many types of 'treasonous' acts including high treason but the only one which would have any possible relevance would be this one from the criminal code:
46 (2) b

(b) without lawful authority, communicates or makes available to an agent of a state other than Canada, military or scientific information or any sketch, plan, model, article, note or document of a military or scientific character that he knows or ought to know may be used by that state for a purpose prejudicial to the safety or defence of Canada;

So - the important part is the first one. Without lawful authority. The Prime minister has the authority to transfer ANY such documentation if he wishes. And does so all the time - we send schematics of our military vehicles to saudi arabia when they bought some for example, we share details of our hardware and science with other countries all the time.

So it's just about impossible for trudeau to be guilty of that kind of treason. He could still declare war on the rest of canada or try to kill the king of course, which would count ;)

There are many crimes he might be accused of, but treason isn't one of them.
He has already declared war on the West. Multiple times. I think we need NATO to send peacekeeping forces to protect us from this villian.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
He has already declared war on the West. Multiple times. I think we need NATO to send peacekeeping forces to protect us from this villian.

IMO the 'war' China is declaring (and already waging) is economic war. A lot of what they're doing internationally - especially in places like Africa - remind me of Imperialism/Colonialism; move in, "help" the locals and gradually take over as they do so.

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
IMO the 'war' China is declaring (and already waging) is economic war. A lot of what they're doing internationally - especially in places like Africa - remind me of Imperialism/Colonialism; move in, "help" the locals and gradually take over as they do so.
That's the opposite of colonialism or imperialism. For those to you don't just move in to "help" and gradually take over, you move in and take over and tell people what to do day one and claim it's help. Did the british tell the first nations of Canada they were just going to 'help'? Hell no - they stepped in, took over and then told the first nations how t hey were going to get helped and that was the end of that. Same in india, same in africa, that's what imperialism looks like :) It's not 'gently take over as time goes on".

As to china and its economic goals, every country tries to improve it's economic dealings one way or another. The problem with china is people haven't stood up to them. They were given a special deal to keep them out of the russian sphere of influence and now that's starting to be a problem.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't know. China and Russia have different notions of what's acceptable behavior, to be sure, but is it wrong to try to increase one's own group's power and influence in the world? If so, I could argue that nobody has more to answer for than Britain and its descendant countries.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I don't know. China and Russia have different notions of what's acceptable behavior, to be sure, but is it wrong to try to increase one's own group's power and influence in the world? If so, I could argue that nobody has more to answer for than Britain and its descendant countries.
Like civilizing a good portion of the world that didn’t even have a wheel yet? That kind of influence?