We need to reform immigration

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The vast majority of Canadians and Yankies are slaves to dept. Y'all don't even know it but dems are de facts. We don't call it slavery but that is to make you think you are free. You ain't. They own you. They own everything and give you illusions of freedom and democracy. It is all highly stinky BS.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yep, put a 5 year moratorium on it or until we get all of our own people up to snuff with jobs and properly domiciled and the surgical treatment lines are down to zero. People are suffering while we keep adding more. What kind of sense does that sh*t make?

The vast majority of Canadians and Yankies are slaves to dept. Y'all don't even know it but dems are de facts. We don't call it slavery but that is to make you think you are free. You ain't. They own you. They own everything and give you illusions of freedom and democracy. It is all highly stinky BS.

Should that word be "debt":?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Which Christian text is that written in ?

The Bible. Have you never heard of Leviticus before?

I know you don't understand anything about Christianity, but it's about this guy called Christ, and is based on the New Testament, which supersedes the old Jewish testament.

Tell that to Christians that use the old testament to bash homosexuals. It is clearly you that lacks understanding of what Christianity is and isn't.

The point you continue to ignore is it's not about what is written in a book but how its followers interpret it.

No, we all get the point and aren't ignoring it. Like Christians and the Bible, Muslims interpret the writings of the Quran in different ways. There simply is no singular "Muslim" view just as there is no singular "Christian" view.

Hopefully that helps.

Yep, put a 5 year moratorium on it or until we get all of our own people up to snuff with jobs and properly domiciled...

I've offered a job to your son but he prefers living in daddy's trailer. Fuk em. There are 44,000 job vacancies in Alberta. We need workers. Layabouts like your kid and racists like you are a big part of the problem.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
He puts the passage right in what you quoted.

Leviticus 25:44-46
And which Christian text is that ?

The Bible. Have you never heard of Leviticus before?

Tell that to Christians that use the old testament to bash homosexuals. It is clearly you that lacks understanding of what Christianity is and isn't.

No, we all get the point and aren't ignoring it. Like Christians and the Bible, Muslims interpret the writings of the Quran in different ways. There simply is no singular "Muslim" view just as there is no singular "Christian" view.

Hopefully that helps.

I've offered a job to your son but he prefers living in daddy's trailer. Fuk em. There are 44,000 job vacancies in Alberta. We need workers. Layabouts like your kid and racists like you are a big part of the problem.
Was the Bible not written before the birth of Christ ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It would be nice if some of the candidates for the Tory leadership would talk about that, but none of them have the balls except, ironically, Kellie Lietch, who has no balls. Unfortunately, she also has the charisma of a dead toad, and electing her to the Tory leadership would have champagne bottles popping at Liberal HQ.

I'm sure most people have heard all kinds of pablum about immigration over the years. The government keeps saying how important it is and how much we need it, but they never actually offer up any proof of their soothing stories. The media, which is made up mostly of very progressive, earnest people, all favour immigration, so are unlikely to write anything bad about it. The NDP loves immigration because they're almost all minorities. The NDP loves minorities.

The Liberals and Conservatives like immigration too, because they get to make all kinds of special promises to the ethnic organizers on behalf of 'their' group to win votes. Chief among those promises, of course, is "We'll let in more of your people!" And so it goes. Immigration is designed to benefit the political parties, not Canada.

As an example, Immigration, Refuges and Citizenship Canada did a study in 2015 about where the most economically successful immigrants come from. You might think from the way the Liberals have been acting that they come from China and the Middle East. But actually, those areas were on the list for 'least economically successful'. Why are we focusing on them? Gee, could have something to do with the fact almost all Muslims voted Liberal last time around. And I assume it's the same for Chinese. Because bringing in more Chinese is not exactly a path to economic greatness according to the government's own study.

Where do the most economically successful immigrants come from? Europe, of course. What, that's a surprise? Also India and the Philippines, principally because those countries use English a lot. So why are we not bringing in more people from Ireland and Poland and Greece and less from say, Pakistan and Iran and Turkey?

And don't give me any crap about this being a racist idea. There are two factors at play here, the first being they're better for us economically because they have roughly the same educational and skill level, and can get good jobs. The second is cultural. Their cultural level, their values, is approximately the same as ours, which you sure can't say about Pakistan or Afghanistan. That's a double plus. Where is the logic in bringing in people from the middle east instead of Europe?

You sort of answered your own question. Most of those immigrants will vote Liberal.

Sorry, is English not your first language? Apparently you have trouble understanding what I thought was in fairly plain-spoken English.

Saying that that many of our immigrants are Muslims does not in any way mean all Muslims are immigrants. Perhaps you could check with an English speaker to verify this.
DOn't worry about gerry. He has a serious medical problem that he refuses to get treated. His optic nerve is connected to his sphincter mussle giving him a s$!tty outlook on life.

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
Quite the opposite actually. You need to judge Shakespeare on his own merits, not on how your neighbour interprets him.
The important thing to me is how my neighbor interprets Islam given my neighbor is Muslim.

Muslims and Islam: Key findings in the U.S. and around the world | Pew Research Center

seems to contradict what you have been saying when you look at the majority.
No, it actually doesn't. It's been your knee-jerk response that when I refer to Islam or Muslims I somehow put the word 'all' in there written in invisible typeface. But I never have.

Nevertheless, there is a reason there are no gay pride parades in the Muslim world, why there is no equality between men and women in the Muslim world, why there are no secular Muslim majority countries, no Muslim countries which treat non-Muslims as equals, and that is because of Islam and what it teaches.

Nor is there any evidence that Muslim Canadians will abandon much of this teaching. Did the Hassidics abandon their goofy fundamentalist ideology? Nope. What makes you think Muslims will?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The important thing to me is how my neighbor interprets Islam given my neighbor is Muslim.

No, it actually doesn't. It's been your knee-jerk response that when I refer to Islam or Muslims I somehow put the word 'all' in there written in invisible typeface. But I never have.

Nevertheless, there is a reason there are no gay pride parades in the Muslim world, why there is no equality between men and women in the Muslim world, why there are no secular Muslim majority countries, no Muslim countries which treat non-Muslims as equals, and that is because of Islam and what it teaches.

Nor is there any evidence that Muslim Canadians will abandon much of this teaching. Did the Hassidics abandon their goofy fundamentalist ideology? Nope. What makes you think Muslims will?
From a Muslim

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbxOuHO5yGU

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
...^
we need more to expatriate a few nutz and make immigration problems for someone else

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Remember when California was the home to the American Dream, the most affluent middle class in America.

Let me tell you a story about a man named Jeb .

His kin folk said California is the place you ought to be .

How the mighty have fallen in a few short years .