Video Game Discussion

Mulk

The other white liquid
Oct 24, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Karrie has an xbox squirreled away in a secret room, she dons her Xena outfit and plays while her Hubbys at work and the kids are at school -fess up, Karrie thou dost protest too loudly.

LMFAO... That is one awesome mental image. Major rep points to anyone who can get a photo of that!!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I think Karrie has an xbox squirreled away in a secret room, she dons her Xena outfit and plays while her Hubbys at work and the kids are at school -fess up, Karrie thou dost protest too loudly.

lol.... I'll never admit it. Never!!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I picked up Fallout 3 Collector's Edition right after work. It's pretty neat. The gamebox is actually a tin box shaped like a lunchpail. It also has an artbook inside, a making-of DVD, and a 5" plastic bobblehead of the Vault-Boy character. The game looks pretty sweet. I'm gonna wait until the weekend before firing up this game(otherwise I won't get any sleep tonight and I have to work tomorrow morning).:cool:

Durka! Did you pick it up yet?:smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Well, I installed Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout: Tactics on my computer tonight. I had to find the patches for them(I got them on NMA), and had to change the setup for them(running in Win98 emulation) otherwise they would not run.

I'm going to have fun becoming a Scourge Of The Wastes again.:cool:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I picked up Fallout 3 over the weekend, it's amazing. One of the best looking games I have seen, the gameplay is quite good too.

Shadow, did you end up nuking the town?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I picked up Fallout 3 over the weekend, it's amazing. One of the best looking games I have seen, the gameplay is quite good too.

Shadow, did you end up nuking the town?

Explain to me how they justify the price of that game.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Explain to me how they justify the price of that game.

It's $55.00, which is the average for PC games. With the amount of crap games released I don't mind paying for one's that give you an engaging story, good graphics multiple hours of gameplay.

I purchase about 30 games per year, this one is definitely worth it.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Good Thread...

I liked Doom 3
Fable
Halo Series
Rome and Medieval Total War
Everquest (a lot like fable)
The Masquerade
Call of Duty (all of them)

and my all time favorite... VICE CITY.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Good Thread...

I liked Doom 3
Fable
Halo Series
Rome and Medieval Total War
Everquest (a lot like fable)
The Masquerade
Call of Duty (all of them)

and my all time favorite... VICE CITY.

I own all those games except for the Total War's and masquerade.

Are you going to get the new Call of Duty coming out later this month?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
It's $55.00, which is the average for PC games. With the amount of crap games released I don't mind paying for one's that give you an engaging story, good graphics multiple hours of gameplay.

I purchase about 30 games per year, this one is definitely worth it.

I was referring to the console cost and 55 is high for PC.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I own all those games except for the Total War's and masquerade.

Are you going to get the new Call of Duty coming out later this month?

The kids will want COD for X-Box although I liked it better on the PC. It will be one of their Christmas presents.

The Total Wars are great if you like fighting massive battles and have the PC engines to handle the graphics. The scopes of the battle are HUGE.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The kids will want COD for X-Box although I liked it better on the PC. It will be one of their Christmas presents.

The Total Wars are great if you like fighting massive battles and have the PC engines to handle the graphics. The scopes of the battle are HUGE.

Nice, I was never very good at micromanaging all the units and whatnot in games like that, too impatient I think.

The COD looks good, but I am kinda disappointed that it is going back to WW2 again.... no more laser dot sights :(

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Not a clue what the console version costs.... Top Tier PC games usually vary from the mid 40's to mid/high 50's, I find.

Yeah, I know PC game are cheaper but I like my consoles, I have a 58 inch plasma in my game/movie/sports room and love it. I should hook up a PC to it, what I like about PC games over consoles is not the price but the ability to manipulate them.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Yeah, I know PC game are cheaper but I like my consoles, I have a 58 inch plasma in my game/movie/sports room and love it. I should hook up a PC to it, what I like about PC games over consoles is not the price but the ability to manipulate them.

I like consoles too, mostly for sports game though. NHL09 is a pretty decent game, looks much better on a big screen.

I have hooked my pc up to my hdtv a few times, it's such a bitch moving that stuff around though.

I find the Half Life 2 based games have the best mods etc available for it, there are some crazy Counter Strike one's out there.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I like consoles too, mostly for sports game though. NHL09 is a pretty decent game, looks much better on a big screen.

I have hooked my pc up to my hdtv a few times, it's such a bitch moving that stuff around though.

I find the Half Life 2 based games have the best mods etc available for it, there are some crazy Counter Strike one's out there.

Funny you should mention it, HL2 is one of my all time favorite games.;-)

Think I'll play some death match right now.....care to join?