Video Game Discussion

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
what is your favorite video game of all time and why?

for me it would have to be a tie between "Zelda Ocarina of Time" and anyone who's ever played it would know exactly why. I love it so much that I bought a jacket and here I am sporting my love for Zelda.

my other favorite game is "Jade Empire" omg this game has a great story line, graphics, and the music is incredible.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Right now i'm playing "the witcher- enhanced version" fight monsters, solve quests, potions magic lotsa fun:)

Alas, I have but not one video game.

Yet, years ago I played a game called "StockTicker `88". It was created by Mark Webb, a line operator at CIP. All done in basic on a CoCo III. A terrific game. I don't know if it ever went commercial. I have to say that he was extremely talented.

Last edited:

Barbiepurl

Oct 15, 2008
Favourite video game

Nintendogs - Nintendo of America- This is a pet game that has realistic-looking a puppies that respond to commands. The dogs are interactive and a wireless bark mode lets other kids' Nintendo dogs visit yours. DS, Rated E

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory: Here's an adventure game that tours the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory where puzzles and chocolate are the order of the day. The plot features scenes from the movie and there are various levels, along with an option to save the game each time you play. Game Cube, GBA, PS2, Win, Xbox, Rated E.

Moderator's Edit. Link removed from sig.

Last edited by a moderator:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Well I was always a fan of the "Link to the Past" on the ol SNES.

As for video game of all time, the only game that had me sucked into it for years, even after I beat it, was Half-Life and it's mod collection Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat and Counterstrike...... well actually I hated Counterstrike, but the for the price of one game, getting 4+ other games for free...... a game that's been around for a decade now, and still has thousands of servers to join onto today..... that to me is pretty impressive.

But since I'm an artist, animator, etc... I also play plenty of games, so picking one overall amongst the loads I've already played..... from Atari, Commadore 64, Coleco Vision, Vic 20, Nes, to today..... I gues Half-Life had the most impression for me as I have never had a game yet besides that one that I would still have a lot of interest in playing.... even after having it for 10 years.

All the other games, such as Zelda and the sort I still like, but I still need long breaks in between to foget things before I can enjoy playing them again..... if not, then it's all matrix routine, where I know every corner of the game, do everything systematically and it's beaten in a few minutes.

Ocarina of Time was one I never got into believe it or not..... and I played just about all of them, including the new one, The Twilight Princess (that was pretty good)

Although I do have it for my Gamecube..... perhaps someday I'll get into it..... but I usually get as far as the first dungeon after getting my sword and sheild and then I turn it off never to get back to it again.

Barbiepurl

Oct 15, 2008
VideoGames

Professor of Computer Science, Maria Klavee feels video games, if not too violent, can "offer some real opportunities for puzzle solving, strategic and critical thinking". But she adds that it's important that video and computer games are played in moderation. Klavee says parents should "provide a selection of activities, not just the ones that have the most action or are addictive. Choose some that involve problem solving or good story lines. Also aim for a balance in your child's life. Sports are important, reading's important. Just think of computer games as one more component in a child's exploration of what's out there in society."

Moderator's Edit. Link removed from sig.

Last edited by a moderator:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I'm a junky of all things video games.

Lately, I have been playing Warhammer Online mixed in with a bit of Call of Duty 4, NHL 09 and Mass Effect.

I game primarily on PC's as consoles suck more or less for the types of games I play. I have my PS3 for when I want to play sports games or Rock Band.

Some of my favourite games would be: Bioshock, Final Fantasy, NHL series, Battlefield series, Call of Duty 4, Postal, Half Life series, Team Fortress 2 and many others.

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
Although I do have it for my Gamecube..... perhaps someday I'll get into it..... but I usually get as far as the first dungeon after getting my sword and sheild and then I turn it off never to get back to it again.

lol the rest of the game is even better
my jacket has the twilight princess logo on it in case you didn't recognize it

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I am particularly fond of the Fallout universe.

Fallout 1(A post-apocalyptic role-playing game), Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics are games that I love to play. I have played Fallout 1 at least 3 or 4 times through, and 2 times for Fallout 2.

I also enjoyed Bioshock immensely. I played it twice through right in a row(one "good" path, one "bad" path). Great game!!!

I am currently playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I've been playing since last April and I am still not done the game. Well worth the money.

My favourite genre of game is RPG. I also played the various Zelda games on the Nintendo, and N64. They were great fun. I enjoyed Ocarina of Time, but I never got a chance to complete it.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Bioshock.. I never finished it :p it scares the hell out of me- Startrek online is coming out next year it's an mmo and sounds like a lot of fun. I already got a name for my ship :
"USS WopMay"

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Favorite of all time?

Hmmmm, that's a tough one, but I think I would pick Half Life2, I still play deathmatch now and then.

Other notables would be Quake3, F.E.A.R, Doom 3, Truok2, Rise of the triad, Tiger Woods(any year) and Unreal tournament.

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
i'm also a huge fan of fable. fable 2 is coming out in only 2 days, i'm so excited!!!!

last year halo 3 came out on my b-day and i remember standing in line in the middle of the nite with my mom and little brother so he could get halo 3 on opening nite.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Bioshock.. I never finished it :p it scares the hell out of me- Startrek online is coming out next year it's an mmo and sounds like a lot of fun. I already got a name for my ship :
"USS WopMay"

There are some "jump out" moments in that game, eh Lester?:cool:

It is a shame that you never finished it, as there is a twist that has to be seen to be believed!8O:cool:8O

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
i'm also a huge fan of fable. fable 2 is coming out in only 2 days, i'm so excited!!!!

last year halo 3 came out on my b-day and i remember standing in line in the middle of the nite with my mom and little brother so he could get halo 3 on opening nite.

I am going to preorder the Fables2 Collector's Edition of the Strategy Guide even though it is not coming out for the PC(yet). The reason I am doing this is that there are advertisments for it in my PC Gamer magazine, and the first Fables game ended up being released on the PC(albeit a while after the console releases). We got a little bit of extra content in our version, so I guess that makes up for the later release.

Annika, could you let me know if Fables 2 is worth getting after you have played it a little, please? No spoilers though! Thanks.:smile:

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
Sadly, hubby and I are both addicted to World of Warcraft... in fact, we just preordered the new expansion... *sigh*

Not that I have time to play of course :) I probably hop onto it twice a week.. for a few hours at the most. Oh how I miss the days where I had time to waste...

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Sadly, hubby and I are both addicted to World of Warcraft... in fact, we just preordered the new expansion... *sigh*

Not that I have time to play of course :) I probably hop onto it twice a week.. for a few hours at the most. Oh how I miss the days where I had time to waste...

Been there done that, I played WOW for about 2 years off and on. Warhammer is my new mmorpg addiction. :cool:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Bought the game, realized at the point of installation that I required a credit card or to buy monthly little cards every month in order to continue playing the damn thing. Of course then I see the very very small fine print on the bottom of the box stating additional fees and such are required.

I tried the 10 day trial, wasn't all that impressed, and the fact that one has to continually pay per month to continue playing a game you already paid to use in the first place really turned me off on the whole thing.

So it's just sitting in the desk, not installed, all the keys still active and never used, and nobody wants it... even when I offered to give it away just to get rid of the damn thing.

Worst game purchase I have made in a very long time..... I listened to the hype and I wanted something new..... I guess I should have looked further into it.

They should also make it more noticable a warning describing additional pay as you play charges on games like these.... either making the text bigger and in white (Not small and tan which almost blends into the packaging) or the person at the store should notify you prior to purchasing...... cuz once it was opened, I couldn't return it.

That game has left a foul taste of scum in my mouth.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
But a recent game I just got for the Wii is:

I only played it for a couple of hours so far, but I like it. Character graphics arn't as fancy dancy as they might have been on the X-Box or PS3, but it's still pretty cool, the gameplay is pretty easy going, and there's lots to do.

It's fun to say the least.... I'll know more the more I play it of course.

Another game I picked up was:

^ Pretty cool game, so long as you can get past the poor jap. anime soap opera stories. Lots of different surgeries to go through and figure out. My cousin had the Second Opinion one (Prior to this game) and was what caught my attention..... but it's hard to find that game around here, so I got this one.

^ You can also play two player and connect to the Wi-Fi to see how good you are, etc.

I have other's, but those were the last two I got so far.