US Election 2020 šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø šŸ¤Æ

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I found out they donā€™t work . Why take chances on an experimental treatment that has not undergone full clinical trials for a disease that has a 99% survival rate ? Do you like being a lab rat ?
Even if you are only one of the 1% you are still just as dead! Or don't you get that? :)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
" full clinical trials" - How many thousands of times would you have them tested?
Minimum 10 years. That would give us at least some indication of the effects on pregnancy and long term health problems.
There is a good reason why turdOWE passed a law preventing suing pharmaceutical companies for damages from negative side effects of the almost vaccine.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I had my vaccines, got covid, almost died from pulmonary emboli.

What did I do wrong?

Wanna see my CT scan report?
I just finished a bout , caught it from my vaxxed wife . 9 days of positive tests not much in the way of symptoms , mostly tired with a slight fever .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

A bill to prevent Trumpā€™s attempted coup is finally ready ā€” and must pass

That President Donald Trump attempted to steal the 2020 election is scary enough; that he or another candidate could steal it next time around remains a terrifying threat. This is what makes the passage of a just-introduced bipartisan proposal to reform the Electoral Count Act so essential.

Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) have been laboring for months to overhaul the countryā€™s arcane system of counting and certifying votes for president and vice president. Finally, theyā€™ve released a product ā€” and itā€™s a fine one. Their bill not only guards against the gambits the lame duck White House attempted in 2020, but it also limits the potential for other nefariousness by a future candidate. A companion bill addresses the security of election workers and the U.S. Postal Service and reauthorizes the Election Assistance Commission.

The Electoral Count Act as it stands is full of ambiguities. According to one scholarly study, the losing party in nine of the past 34 presidential elections could have exploited gaping holes in the law to overrule the peopleā€™s decision. So far, enough has stood in the way ā€” sometimes a general respect for norms, sometimes particular political courage ā€” to prevent disaster. But the events following the 2020 election, including the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, made clear that the danger of a constitutional coup is real, and growing.

The bill introduced this week would create blocks against the specific maneuvers Mr. Trump attempted. It would clarify that the vice presidentā€™s role in certifying electoral votes is ā€œsolely ministerialā€; that speaks to the former presidentā€™s efforts to coerce Vice President Mike Pence ā€” with the help of a mob ā€” into rejecting the votes of several states. It would raise the threshold for Congress to challenge a stateā€™s submitted results from a single member of both chambers to at least one-fifth of members; that answers last yearā€™s frivolous objections from six GOP senators and more than 100 representatives.

Perhaps most important are changes that would impede state-level mischief. By identifying governors as responsible for submitting a slate of electors, appointed according to rules in place before Election Day, the legislation would exclude competing lists from other officials. Better yet is a process to counter a rogue governor who lodges an illegitimate submission for approval by a friendly House or Senate. Under the reformed act, any such attempt could be challenged by a vice-presidential or presidential candidate in federal courts, to whose judgment Congress would be bound. Finally, the bill would ensure that state legislatures canā€™t simply override the popular vote by calling it a ā€œfailed election.ā€

The Electoral Count Reform Act will not fix everything, because it canā€™t fix everything: Some additional protections can be provided only by the states; others, including enhancements to the Voting Rights Act desired by Democrats, arenā€™t politically possible. Even now, the electoral reform portion of the Collins-Manchin package has only nine of the 10 Republican votes needed to surmount a filibuster. Democrats are right to dream of even more than is on offer today, and theyā€™re right to push hard as they investigate the events surrounding the Jan. 6 insurrection. But they would also be wrong to say no to what they might be able to get from this legislation.

Linky-dinky.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not seeing where that would prevent rigging vote counting machines or bags of mail in ballots being left uncounted until too late as has happened in Canada.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Trump White House aide goes on sexist tirade, calls Jan. 6 panel ā€˜anti-Whiteā€™​

A Trump administration aide who met with the House Jan. 6 committee this week unleashed a 27-minute inflammatory tirade, calling the lawmakersā€™ investigation into the Capitol riot racist against White people and using sexist slurs to describe his former colleagues who also testified.

Garrett Ziegler, a former aide to President Donald Trumpā€™s trade adviser, Peter Navarro, revealed on his Telegram page that he appeared Tuesday before the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol.
Hours later, Ziegler said without evidence that he was being targeted due to his race and posted a lengthy audio file calling the probe ā€œa Bolshevistic anti-White campaign.ā€

ā€œIf you canā€™t see that, your eyes are freaking closed,ā€ Ziegler said. The CEO of the Anti-Defamation League noted that Zieglerā€™s words are ā€œoften used as a code for Jews.ā€

Story

He seems nice.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Trump White House aide goes on sexist tirade, calls Jan. 6 panel ā€˜anti-Whiteā€™​

A Trump administration aide who met with the House Jan. 6 committee this week unleashed a 27-minute inflammatory tirade, calling the lawmakersā€™ investigation into the Capitol riot racist against White people and using sexist slurs to describe his former colleagues who also testified.

Garrett Ziegler, a former aide to President Donald Trumpā€™s trade adviser, Peter Navarro, revealed on his Telegram page that he appeared Tuesday before the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol.
Hours later, Ziegler said without evidence that he was being targeted due to his race and posted a lengthy audio file calling the probe ā€œa Bolshevistic anti-White campaign.ā€

ā€œIf you canā€™t see that, your eyes are freaking closed,ā€ Ziegler said. The CEO of the Anti-Defamation League noted that Zieglerā€™s words are ā€œoften used as a code for Jews.ā€

Story

He seems nice.

"a Bolshevistic..." JFC, what year are we again, the 1910's or some shit?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I had my vaccines, got covid, almost died from pulmonary emboli.

What did I do wrong?

Wanna see my CT scan report?
Occasionally shit happens when no one did anything, quite often it's most likely from neglect somewhere that you can't put your finger on. How many of us are potentially at risk from some anonymous asshole running on bald tires or a loose tie rod end?