• Unsure

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Re: Iran shoots down passenger plane, killing 176 innocent people

How will Iran try to spin this one? Lie outright, like yesterday? Blame Trump like CBC/CTV are trying to do? Could the Iranian army be this stupid that they would shot a plane just leaving the airport, that would be really dumb and not really possible, so why? Someone on the flight perhaps?
The average age of soldiers is in the early twenties and those manning defensive guns maybe even younger. I won't cast aspersions on a nineteen year old who is shitting his pants in the middle of the night and his twenty year old commander says to keep an eye out for the enemy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

The average age of soldiers is in the early twenties and those manning defensive guns maybe even younger. I won't cast aspersions on a nineteen year old who is shitting his pants in the middle of the night and his twenty year old commander says to keep an eye out for the enemy.
Not even if he's a muzzie?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

How will Iran try to spin this one? Lie outright, like yesterday? Blame Trump like CBC/CTV are trying to do? Could the Iranian army be this stupid that they would shot a plane just leaving the airport, that would be really dumb and not really possible, so why? Someone on the flight perhaps?
It could be accidental - someone got twitchy and boom deed is done and no going back. If indeed it was a missile strike as numerous sources are now saying, Iran would do well to admit that, make apologies and send whatever is left of the passengers home to their families. The crash site is a shit show now with all kinds of debris having been snitched and reports that the site is being bulldozed destroying all kinds of forensic evidence in it's wake. I don't envy the investigators their job of proving exactly what brought the flight down. This could take a very very long time to resolve.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

It could be accidental - someone got twitchy and boom deed is done and no going back. If indeed it was a missile strike as numerous sources are now saying, Iran would do well to admit that, make apologies and send whatever is left of the passengers home to their families. The crash site is a shit show now with all kinds of debris having been snitched and reports that the site is being bulldozed destroying all kinds of forensic evidence in it's wake. I don't envy the investigators their job of proving exactly what brought the flight down. This could take a very very long time to resolve.
Video evidence is irrefutable.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Video evidence is irrefutable.
There are those among us who say the same thing to prove that UFOs visit us regularly, Walter. Though, I do have to say having seen a couple of purported vids of the missile striking the plane, it looks probable to me.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Re: Ukraine Flight 752

No, I'm a Shawnee, military veteran (technically decorated, but don't make too much of it. You literally can't be in the U.S. Forces and not be decorated), and lawyer from Oklahoma, currently residing in the Maryland suburbs of Washington. I just say "Washington" because folk hereabouts tend to think of the Maryland and Northern Virginia suburbs as "Washington," despite the fact that they are geographically not in the District of Columbia. Same way some folk might say "I'm in New York," when they actually mean the New Jersey or Connecticut suburbs of New York City.

The only "Garda" I know of is the Garda Siochana, the national police force of the Republic of Ireland.

This discussion is fairly pointless. I either am who I say I am, or I'm not. You really have no way of proving it either way, and I don't intend to provide ID. Way I see it, you can claim to be a one-legged lesbian Lithuanian pipefitter from Cameltoe, Manitoba, and I'll believe you.

Either the law I quote and cite is correct, or it ain't. Either the military information I provide is correct, or it ain't. It's up to you to decide, and research to check up on. I generally provide links.

So, up to you. Don't really make much difference to me either way.

:thumbright::thumbright:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Now that the US has determined that Iran shot down the passenger plane with a missile, I wonder what tater tot is going to do? Technically this is an act of war against Canada.

Nothing. Nothing at all except continue to monitor the situation, send any and all pertinent personnel to join the investigation. The only pressure Canada can bring to bear on Iran is from afar and with the aid of friendly embassies such as Germany, Britain and France.

Please explain how this could 'technically' be an act war against our country and would that not rather apply to the Ukraine - the country of the flight's origin, Dec?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Nothing. Nothing at all except continue to monitor the situation, send any and all pertinent personnel to join the investigation. The only pressure Canada can bring to bear on Iran is from afar and with the aid of friendly embassies such as Germany, Britain and France.
Please explain how this could 'technically' be an act war against our country and would that not rather apply to the Ukraine - the country of the flight's origin, Dec?
I wondered at the "technically" myself. Not under any international law I'm familiar with.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016

Skip to 025.
[/EMAIL]

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Ever heard of a false flag? Like Bones said, it could have been the US who shot it down. War mongers gotta war monger. Let's wait and see if Iran takes credit or not. Hot heads gotta knee jerk react.
Considering that the Iran government would not take kindly to this kind of 'oops' and I do believe the alleged missile attack on the plane was a mistake - the entire bunch of soldiers who were responsible are no longer with us and we will never know who or why. It will be interesting to see what Iran has to say in light of this latest revelation.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

My thoughts and prayers are with Iranian communities tonight as they hold vigils to mourn their dead.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Re: iranian plane "crash"

LOL people blaming Trump for this airplane crash, saying the plane wouldn't have been shot down if Trump didn't kill that terrorist General Suleimani

Hmmm I suspect it has something to do with the Biden’s, John Kerry and the Pelosis.......I’ll throw in the Clintons as well!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

After all the "they did it" lies so far, any one blaming iran at this time is an idiot
:(
All those fakenews incubator babies died for nothing i guess. Not to mention madeline albright's 500,000 dead iraqi children who were worth it. They died for effe all too.

Well OK, so some inbred pedo retards can get rich and run the world is something i guess...
everyone should die for that.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Y'know, seeing this I find it funny...

Cons can't stand Trudeau at any time, but now when he's siding with the US about their hypothesis about what happened... there's no bashing him.

Interesting...

For me, no, until there's an unbiased investigation, siding with the US isn't 'proof'. Trudeau should have STFU until there's proof either way.

As I said... burying their heads in the sand.

Just pretend it didn't happen.

mrhill

Time Out
Jan 8, 2020

Canada, what if the US was behind this attack? What will you do then?

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

You may be right, this would likely apply more to Ukraine than Canada. My comment was based on the League of Nations treaty which defines an Act of War or Aggression as an attack by a state’s land, naval or air forces, with or without a declaration of war, on the territory, vessels or aircraft of another state.

Also the UN Assembly resolution 3314 which makes a distinction between aggression (which "gives rise to international responsibility") and war of aggression (which is "a crime against international peace").

The definition's distinction between an act of aggression and a war of aggression make it clear that not every act of aggression would constitute a crime against peace; only war of aggression does. States would nonetheless be held responsible for acts of aggression.