Ugly American Goes Into Hiding After Killing Cecil The Lion

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Time to make an example of someone send him to Africa and let them deal with him
Cecil will have his revenge and these over pampered rich folks will get their time.

Youtube is setting a new example. Here is how it should work
Court TV can lay out the case over a prescribed period of time.
Then show the video on Youtube and everyone at home can vote
guilty or not guilty. Everyone who votes gets a chance at a lotto
number and could win one million dollars

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Different countries, different times, different customs or laws, we can't expect other countries to live by our standards Now!
I well remember many years ago when I was about fifteen, killing a bear on the farm, that was after the calves. Mom and I waited till my dad got home to haul the carcass to the dump..(In the summer bear meat had too much fat to eat).
Before dumping the bear off the pick-up truck, he just cut off the paws.
That was worth a free meal for us at the local Chinese restaurant......courtesy of a well paced .303!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Different countries, different times, different customs or laws, we can't expect other countries to live by our standards Now!
I well remember many years ago when I was about fifteen, killing a bear on the farm, that was after the calves. Mom and I waited till my dad got home to haul the carcass to the dump..(In the summer bear meat had too much fat to eat).
Before dumping the bear off the pick-up truck, he just cut off the paws.
That was worth a free meal for us at the local Chinese restaurant......courtesy of a well paced .303!

Even in your story though you're not killing the bear just for the hell of it.

I'm not a supporter of the trophy hunter, not like this. It just seems wasteful and about little more than some stupid machismo pride. Historically not a good reason to use violence.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If only we cared as much about people.

Humans will wipe out all wild creatures that have a value, be it economic or entertainment, it's just a matter of time. Why hate one guy for doing when so many others do the same? Maybe because he's white...and a dentist.

Deep down, that why people hate the guy.

You're an anti-dentite.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
GOOD NEWS!!!

Zimbabwe wants Dr. Feel-good extridicted to stand trial for poaching! Better get a tetanus shot, Doc. Their prisons are probably pretty awful, maybe even worse than Mississippi's!

Now, amazingly enough the United States and Zimbabwe DO have an extradition treaty. Any bets that the State Department saves this criminal's sorry *** and prevents him from standing trial? I'll bet money because if you carry an American passport, you are "exceptional" and therefore only subject to American law and custom.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
GOOD NEWS!!!

Zimbabwe wants Dr. Feel-good extridicted to stand trial for poaching! Better get a tetanus shot, Doc. Their prisons are probably pretty awful, maybe even worse than Mississippi's!

Now, amazingly enough the United States and Zimbabwe DO have an extradition treaty. Any bets that the State Department saves this criminal's sorry *** and prevents him from standing trial? I'll bet money because if you carry an American passport, you are "exceptional" and therefore only subject to American law and custom.

This thing is going a little out of proportion - the guy is a goof, he may have already lost a portion of his dental practice- a hefty fine or mandatory contribution to an animal protection agency would suffice, me thinks. He didn't do any axe murders of innocent people. People let emotions displace rational thinking and common sense.

If only we cared as much about people.

Ah, a bit of common sense. Of course there are some animals (my dog) who is much nicer than some people. :) :)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Time to make an example of someone send him to Africa and let them deal with him
Cecil will have his revenge and these over pampered rich folks will get their time.

Youtube is setting a new example. Here is how it should work
Court TV can lay out the case over a prescribed period of time.
Then show the video on Youtube and everyone at home can vote
guilty or not guilty. Everyone who votes gets a chance at a lotto
number and could win one million dollars

Those pesky rich folks

youtube.com/watch?v=euMuCRx7qhA

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Calgary Zoo’s connection to hunting organization questioned by animal rights group
The Canadian Press
First posted: Friday, July 31, 2015 07:56 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, July 31, 2015 08:04 AM EDT
CALGARY -- An animal rights group is questioning the Calgary Zoo's connection to a hunting organization that has in the past included Walter Palmer, the American dentist who killed a protected lion while on a guided hunt in Zimbabwe.
Safari Club International has suspended the memberships of Palmer and his hunting guide pending the result of an investigation, calling for the prosecution of anyone who hunts illegally.
The Calgary chapter of Safari Club International is set to host a fundraiser at the zoo next April, which will include auctions for several hunting trips including a 10-day safari in Africa with the chance to hunt 23 different species including impalas, gazelles and leopards.
Michael Alvarez-Toye of the Calgary Animal Rights Coalition says the zoo shouldn't be renting its property to groups that promote the killing of wildlife.
Calgary Zoo representatives say the money from rentals provides a large portion of its annual revenue.
David Little of Safari Club International says conservation is a goal of many hunters.
"They're not incompatible," said Little. "I think more dialogue would help make that clear."
Little condemns Palmer's killing of a lion named Cecil, calling him "a tame animal that was poached."
Little, who describes himself as an animal lover, is himself a trophy hunter who has killed a lion while bow-hunting a leopard in Africa.
He said the money made from legal hunts helps save the species.
"The lion hunt that I took in Mozambique effectively conserved a million acres of Mozambique from animal poachers and log poachers for two months," he told CTV Calgary.
The zoo said it does not meddle in the affairs of those who book venues.
"Our message is we want people to go out and appreciate nature in the way that we communicate and bring people down here and learn about the conservation the way we do it," said Calgary Zoo spokeswoman Trish Exton-Parder.
Walter James Palmer (left) poses with animals killed while on safari in this undated handout photo. Palmer, an avid hunter, is accused of illegally killing a well-known and protected lion, named Cecil, during a big game hunt in Zimbabwe. The killing has outraged animal conservationists and others worldwide. Handout/Postmedia Network

Calgary Zoo’s connection to hunting organization questioned by animal rights gro

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Obviously that A$$hole has enough money to go on African Safari adventures... Must be doing something right :)

Just say'in
He's probably got a full schedule of unnecessary root canals going to line his pockets.

He wouldn't be the first dentist tyo play that game. They almost always get away with it too. Who bothers to get a second opinion about dental surgery?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
All American dentists are shisters evabody knows that.

except for dr reed who met me at his office on a Christmas day , taking time away from his family to fix my throbbing absessed molar many years ago but other than that, all the rest are shisters,

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This A$$hole probably doesn't recommend sugarless gum for his patients who chew gum.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
\the time has come to put an end to this besides the lion was lured
out of the preserve and they should sock it to him as mentioned by
one of our members who lives in Minnesota he is a troublemaker
Its time to bring him and his money to buy his way out to heal
Send him to stand trial under their laws and we'll see how he does

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Pennsylvania doctor linked to second Zimbabwe lion hunting probe
Carey Gillam, Reuters
First posted: Sunday, August 02, 2015 10:05 AM EDT | Updated: Sunday, August 02, 2015 04:06 PM EDT
Zimbabwe has linked a Pennsylvania doctor to an investigation into illegal lion hunting, naming him on Sunday as a client of a safari operator accused of breaching regulations, a week after an American dentist was accused of illegally killing the country's most famous lion, Cecil.
Dr. Jan Seski, who runs a women's health practice in Pittsburgh, was named by Zimbabwe as a client of Nyala Safaris, owned by a landowner who has been arrested on accusations of conducting an illegal hunt.
The doctor was in Zimbabwe in April, according to a statement issued by Prince Mupazviriho, permanent secretary in the ministry of environment, water and climate.
The statement spells the doctor's name as Jan Sieski but the address provided and other details indicate the doctor is Jan Seski. It did not say if the doctor was being accused of any wrongdoing.
In July, Minneapolis dentist and trophy hunter Walter Palmer killed a rare black-maned lion known as Cecil that ruled over a pride in Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe. The slaying of the lion triggered global outrage on social media, protests, and petitions calling for Palmer to be extradited to Zimbabwe.
Referring to Palmer as a "foreign poacher", Environment Minister Oppah Muchinguri said last week that Palmer should be handed over to Zimbabwean officials to face justice.
On Sunday, Seski did not reply to telephone messages made to his home and office.
The Horns of Africa Safaris website pictures a man identified as Seski posing with animals it says he killed with a bow and arrow, including a zebra, cape buffalo and ostrich.
A website for Alaska Bowhunting Supply pictures a man identified as Seski with an elephant carcass and a caption that reads, "This Zimbabwe elephant is the sixth African elephant shot by Dr. Jan Seski."
A Facebook page for Dr. Jan Seski Women's Health was racking up comments on Sunday afternoon.
"Kudos on lion kill recently. You are a fine specimen of the human race. I see that you also murdered an elephant ..." one comment read.
The government of Zimbabwe has said that in the aftermath of the killing of Cecil it has directed Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and other law enforcement agencies to undertake an industry-wide investigation to "crack down and weed out any illegal hunting activities."
In this undated photo provided by the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit, Cecil the lion rests in Hwange National Park, in Hwange, Zimbabwe. (Andy Loveridge/Wildlife Conservation Research Unit via AP

Pennsylvania doctor linked to second Zimbabwe lion hunting probe | World | News

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think it's a bloody shame, indiscriminately killing other forms of life just because you can, but the first step in putting a stop to it has to be making guiding illegal.............................then you'd hear more screaming.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think it's a bloody shame, indiscriminately killing other forms of life just because you can, but the first step in putting a stop to it has to be making guiding illegal.............................then you'd hear more screaming.
Agreed. I much prefer indiscriminately killing our own form of life.