Ugly American Goes Into Hiding After Killing Cecil The Lion

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I suppose but few of us would see him as exhibiting "Canadian Values" ... but few of us have much trouble believing that there are tens of millions of this kind of Yahoo in the United States, proud that they "don't take no crap from nobody" and that if you don't agree with them, you must be commie scum.

... or perhaps one of the furriners that's a NAYSHUNALIST! [gaaaasp! Not one of those!!]
Git ma gun, Myrtle! Thar's Naytionalists up thar in Kyanada!"
yes we all feel this way by gawd. all 300 million of us and don't forget it

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Walter Palmer shot Cecil because Americans are obsessed with killing

In a nation where children get guns for Christmas and madmen shoot up malls, this dentist is just the tip of the murderous iceberg

Walter Palmer on a previous hunting trip

By Brian Masters, author of numerous books about serial killers
31 Jul 2015
The Telegraph
51 Comments

The uproar which has attended the slaughter of Cecil the Lion is little short of astonishing, because the strength of indignation is being felt even in the USA, a nation which regularly celebrates its freedom to kill. It is especially noteworthy that Walter Palmer, the dentist responsible for what is, after all, a stupidly adolescent act, has apologised not for the death of the animal, but for the distress he has caused by it. He says he thought he had acted legally; it does not occur to him that what may be legal can also be intellectually vapid and morally wrong.

Apparently, he has a long history of murder for fun, posing shamelessly next to animals of various kinds and sizes whose lives he has taken to satisfy an irrational personal craving. Alas, he is not alone. Whenever a man with a gun makes living people dead in a school or a cinema or a shopping mall, politicians are quick and loud to point out that the man had a perfect right to buy his gun as easily as he might purchase a pile of oranges, and to use it; but they never have the courage to admit the loathsome and awkward truth that many Americans actually enjoy shooting to kill.

This was made manifest in several recent shootings by police officers; one sees the careful aim, the purposeful pressure on the trigger, and most tellingly, the repeated shots afterwards, just like in the movies. In similar fashion, they also enjoy hunting to kill, irrespective of any supposed need to eat. It is, they think, a sport. Sarah Palin, who actually wanted to be Vice-President of the United States, openly boasted of her pleasure in slaughtering animals. And most of the candidates for election who proclaim that they are “pro-life”, will in the following sentence show how much they are in practice pro-death (of an animal or a human on the run), without noticing any contradiction in attitude.

When, many years ago, I was hitch-hiking across that vast country, I was once offered a ride by two young men, roughly my age, who stopped to chase a small deer until it lay exhausted with fear. They then invited me to despatch it. I refused, pointing out that no purpose would be served by depriving it of life. They were dumbfounded, clearly thinking that I must be unhinged. No doubt Mr Palmer the dentist would share their view. It does not cross the minds of such dim individuals to question their right to kill whenever they feel like it.

Dr Palmer poses with a previous victim

This is a country in which children as young as five are given guns as Christmas presents (blue guns for boys, pink ones for girls), and taught by proud parents how to use them properly when loaded. This is a country in which women have been known to carry a gun in their bra. This is a country in which one of the most popular recent films, American Sniper, was based on the life of Chris Kyle, a man so besotted with the rage to kill that he frequently pointed his gun at the television screen if somebody of whom he disapproved came into view.

Thus is it a splendid shock to see a different response to Dr Palmer's childish fantasies of power and manhood. It may be the beginning of a new mood. In the meantime, however, Palmer probably still feels proud of himself.

Walter Palmer shot Cecil because Americans are obsessed with killing - Telegraph

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The uproar which has attended the slaughter of Cecil the Lion is little short of astonishing, because the strength of indignation is being felt even in the USA, a nation which regularly celebrates its freedom to kill.
OK, so Americans are upset with the killing of Cecil because Americans are psychopathic killers.

Apparently, he has a long history of murder for fun
Because killing an animal is murder.

So. . .

Murderer.

Murderer.

Murderer.

Murderer.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
Humans will wipe out all wild creatures that have a value, be it economic or entertainment, it's just a matter of time. Why hate one guy for doing when so many others do the same? Maybe because he's white...and a dentist.

Deep down, that why people hate the guy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Humans will wipe out all wild creatures that have a value, be it economic or entertainment, it's just a matter of time. Why hate one guy for doing when so many others do the same? Maybe because he's white...and a dentist.

Deep down, that why people hate the guy.
Well, it's pretty clear Brits hate dentists and refuse to have anything to do with them.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
And you've won eight World Cups!

Five times, actually.

We've won the Rugby League World Cup three times; the Rugby (Union) World Cup once and the Football World Cup once. Add to that cricket's World Twenty20 that England won in 2010 and that's six. And there are probably some minor, silly sports that we've won a world cup is as well.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Here’s how this lion-killing dentist thing is going to play out

[COLOR= ]by Jason O. Gilbert
[COLOR= ] [/COLOR]
[COLOR= ]Look, I know it seems pretty wide open right now, but this lion-killing dentist thing is sailing along just as it’s supposed to:
The killer of the lion was revealed. The social media accounts of the Minnesota dentist who killed the lion in Africa have been mined for information. His Yelp listing has been defamed, his Facebook page has been deleted, his website has been attacked. Some terrible things he did in the past have surfaced. Many clever tweets have been fired off. Basically everyone has agreed that this was a terrible thing to do.
Now the fun stuff starts. The backlash to the backlash begins. Benghazi will be invoked. A right-wing radio host with an active following will start a GoFundMe page; it will raise hundreds of thousands of dollars in a few hours. Everyone will act surprised. Barack Obama’s birth certificate will be invoked. The Minnesota dentist will issue a formal apology through a lawyer. The Nuremberg trials will be invoked. Furious tweets will be fired off. The second amendment will be invoked, even though Zimbabwe doesn’t have a second amendment. Someone will ask Donald Trump for comment. Someone will ask Mitt Romney for comment. Someone will ask Dog the Bounty Hunter for comment. CNN will screw up a segment about the story, perhaps by mislabeling Zimbabwe on a map of Africa, or by mislabeling Minnesota on a map of America, or by mislabeling a lion as a baby hippopotamus.
It will be revealed that the Minnesota dentist who killed the lion is a supporter of a certain presidential candidate. This will prove embarrassing for the candidate, who will attempt to distance himself from the Minnesota dentist who killed the lion. Justine Sacco will be invoked. Neil Degrasse-Tyson will tweet something smart.
A brand will tweet something oblivious and atrocious. “You don’t have to be the Minnesota dentist who killed a lion to enjoy our sale on Crocs!” The tweet will be deleted. The brand will apologize. The intern will be fired. The brand will go back to tweeting to the void, to the vast nothingness it abuts.
Someone will suggest that we went too hard on the Minnesota dentist who killed the lion. The GoFundMe page will cross $1 million. Someone will set up a counter-fundraiser, for the lions. It will raise far less money. Someone will point out that there are far greater issues in Africa that we should be paying attention to. This person will be ignored. The Minnesota dentist who killed the lion will get a sympathetic interview with Sean Hannity. His wife will sit next to him, dabbing her eyes with a Kleenex. The “liberal media” will be invoked. Twitter will be blamed. The Internet will be blamed. George Soros will be blamed. Ernest Hemingway will be invoked. A Republican presidential candidate who is lagging in the polls and struggling to gain media attention will tweet a photo of himself with an animal he has just killed. The candidate will gain media attention and surge up the polls. The GoFundMe page will cross $2 million in funds raised. Someone will point out what this money could have been put toward, instead of a Minnesota dentist who killed a lion.
Sarah Palin will be invoked.
The story will begin to lose steam. CNN will apologize for labeling Thailand as Zimbabwe. Donald Trump will say something outrageous about Iran. Mike Huckabee will say something outrageous about the Civil War. Joe Scarborough will say something outrageous about pastry strudels. The Minnesota dentist who killed the lion will appear on The Hugh Hewitt Show. The Minnesota dentist who killed the lion will appear on The 700 Club. The Minnesota dentist who killed the lion will appear on the upcoming season of Blue Bloods.
But eventually, ultimately, the Minnesota dentist will go back to practicing dentistry. He will be able to purchase all new dental tools, with the $3 million he raises from GoFundMe. An intern at a large media organization will be assigned a nostalgic listicle, about newsmakers from the past year you may have forgotten.
The intern will invoke the Minnesota dentist who killed a lion. You will definitely have forgotten.

http://fusion.net/story/174729/here...ium=feed&utm_campaign=/feed/the-most-popular/
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What the dentist did was wrong I.M.O. and I'd bet by now he wishes he never did that. But it's time now to get over it and get on with other things. Nothing is going to bring the lion back.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
That doesn't surprise me one bit.

Your brand has become total trash.
spoken by a true genius. Have a cookie child.

incidentally unlike your particular brand as you like to say, this brand does not consider all peoples from your great country to be morons who make sweeping generalizations . You are most definitely in the minority. Kind of like turd laying in a field of flowers.

:)...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
I understand why people would hunt certain animals for food. I buy meat at the store so I could not in good conscience criticize the killing of certain animals. Personally , if I see a bug on the ground I'll step over the thing. I do not see why anyone would kill an animal such as this.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The publicity from this may well reach several people who are able and willing to work towards prevention and education.

Just like the publicity from the rhino horn poaching, bear paws, bear bile ducts, elephant tusks, whaling, etc has galvanized many people into action.

Just like the dentist has no idea that he would be at the forefront of this particular sh!t storm for what he did, you can never tell what will inspire people to act.

It sometimes just takes one event.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003