Trudeau Is Going To Bury Us In Debt

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
He makes me want to pee. A hard kind of pee. The kind of pee where you pull your truck over, stand mightily at the side of the road, facing traffic, and pee. A mountainous eruption of warm, yellow liquid. Gallons of freshly rendered, former meat byproduct.

And when the cop pulls over and asks if you knew that peeing on the side of the road is against the law, you give him that look like you're trying to pick him up and say,

"Justin Trudeau said I could." and you blow him a wet kiss.

Then he looks back at you, winks and says, "Mmmm, I think I'll join you."

And you both urinate freely, like free men in a free country, for free. And the cop says,

"You know, if we're lucky, Justin will drive by, see us peeing and stop for a selfie."

You blush and respond, "I wish!"

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
And on and on it goes....

Ottawa spending half a billion dollars for Canada's 150th anniversary

The expenses include:

• Two artists from Ottawa will carry a red leather sofa from St. John’s to Victoria in an RV and record the thoughts of Canadians while they lounge.
  • The Students on Ice Foundation will pilot an icebreaker with a rotating cast of Canadians on a 150-day voyage from Toronto to Victoria by way of the Northwest Passage.
  • Mary Walsh, the creator of This Hour Has 22 Minutes on CBC, is one of the organizers of a “Canada 150 Comedy Show” tour (which received $1-million from Ottawa) that she says will spotlight up-and-coming and indigenous voices.
  • Vox Pop Labs was awarded $576,500 to create a website called “Project Tessera” to offer Canadians a chance to “reflect on and develop meaningful associations with the myriad interpretations of being Canadian,” said Vox Pop chief executive officer Clifton van der Linden. The firm was also given a non-competitive $326,570 contract last year to create the MyDemocracy.ca website for the Liberals’ electoral reform drive.
  • St. Joseph Media got $1.3-million to create a website and app called “Passport 2017,” a database for finding community events.

Why exactly are we spending 500 million on an anniversary?

The very same day The Globe and Mail reported that Ottawa intends to spend half-a-billion dollars on 2017 party treats, it also reported that new projections from the Finance Department show that Canada’s long-term fiscal picture has deteriorated dramatically since 2014.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if, as a birthday gift to the country, Ottawa could suppress its raging desire to give us back our tax money in the form of renovated arenas every time the calendar rolls around to another useful fraction of a century? We’re a modest people: All we need is a decent party on Parliament Hill, one good speech about the greatness of this land, and maybe some free sparklers for schoolchildren.
But $500-million? That money would have looked darn good on Canada’s books, and we could have celebrated 2017 with the same enthusiasm, sitting on a warped dock, drinking a cold one, and being less worried about the maniacs who control the public purse.

-----
These Liberals and their stuffed potato remind me of that old '80's movie Brewster's Millions, looking for any way possible to dump money into whatever loser they can find.

I guess this is what it costs to "grow the economy from the heart outwards".

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Forget Greece, Japan is the world’s real economic time bomb
Forget Greece, Japan is the world's real economic time bomb | Fortune.com

In conclusion, I would like to point out that if the government does nothing specific to address these issues while the economy is seeing a moderate but continuing recovery, there will be a tremendous price to pay at some time in the future.
Japan’s Economic Outlook for 2016 | Discuss Japan – Japan Foreign Policy Forum:

really, do you even read what you type?

The Japanese debt problem is not really fueled by borrowing. It is fueled by racism. Japan has steadfastly refused to open its borders to immigration. As a result it will face massive population collapse which will dramatically lower its tax base. If it had the same immigration policies as Canada it would not be facing any sort of crisis at all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
" Trudeau Is Going To Bury Us In Debt"??? How about telling us something that 90% of Canadians don't already know?

I love our PM but I think he needs some public speaking lessons

I suppose that may be a good place to start, but after he has that down pat, he should continue on with learning all the stuff the rest of us learned after Grade 4. :)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Lol no Japan is doing quite well because its debt is internal, meaning it really doesn't matter how high it goes.

All of Greece's debt is external, which is why people get issues at the bank.

Even then, the situation there isn't that bad.

The standard of living has gone up regardless, so don't worry.

You must live in a bubble mentalflake :laughing3:

You're so out of touch, You are exactly like Ontario's premiere.

I should have known you were a old dumb dike all along.
Well the cats out of the bag now.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You must live in a bubble mentalflake :laughing3:

You're so out of touch, You are exactly like Ontario's premiere.

I should have known you were a old dumb dike all along.
Well the cats out of the bag now.

Many liberals live exactly that way.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
How can they exist in the real world if they faced reality? That is why they live in bubbles.

Social programs have sheltered them from real consequences of bad decisions all their lives.

No wonder he believes consequences are a urban legend.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yes during a minority parliament when the other parties were demanding spending . Lets not forget to tell the whole story .

Stop embarrassing yourself. Your a Trumpite and Trumpites love debt. Not one of you has expressed any concern over Trump's economic policies despite his willingness to massively increase the US deficit

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
So a country not having a robust immigration program is racist?

Progressivism keeps getting nuttier by the day.

It's because they live in a land of little to no consequences. It's sheltered them from reality for so long they have lost touch with reality

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The Japanese debt problem is not really fueled by borrowing. It is fueled by racism. Japan has steadfastly refused to open its borders to immigration. As a result it will face massive population collapse which will dramatically lower its tax base. If it had the same immigration policies as Canada it would not be facing any sort of crisis at all.

And many in Canada want to follow in Japan's footsteps to keep the race pure I suppose.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The social blanket will cushion their bad decisions, so why bother making the right decision's

And there is the ultimate flaw in our society.

And many in Canada want to follow in Japan's footsteps to keep the race pure I suppose.

Replacing our population with immigration is not a solution to our problem that we no longer produce anything. Not even our own children.