This summer may see first ice-free North Pole

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Ton, would you like to explain what I am making fun of? Or should I explain?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
How the summer temps fared across the globe:

And yet there's more ice, north and south, than last year. Go figure.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Nice literary quote, has nothing to do with empiricism though. You are a master of aversion Walter. Enjoy your blue Cool-Aid.

Lou Garu

Electoral Member
Sep 7, 2009
Here
I wonder if the barges are all frozen in on Hudsons bay like last year at this time?

The T.O.Star had a article this week 'bout how they're (the inuit) are pushing hard to get the winter supplies in before that happens yet, Kakato.....

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The T.O.Star had a article this week 'bout how they're (the inuit) are pushing hard to get the winter supplies in before that happens yet, Kakato.....

Ya,its a yearly thing,if they dont get back to churchill by september they sit all year,they leave most froze in where ever and build ice roads to them.

I imagine anything up there still is froze in by now untill next june or july.
We cant even look after the people who are up there looking after and protecting our north.:roll:

Lou Garu

Electoral Member
Sep 7, 2009
Here
Ya,its a yearly thing,if they dont get back to churchill by september they sit all year,they leave most froze in where ever and build ice roads to them.

We cant even look after the people who are up there looking after and protecting our north.:roll:

hmm,

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

Do they need looking after?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Do they need looking after?

They deserve the same as any other Canadian and that means fuel and food or at least access to it.We kinda stuck them up there,least we can do is make sure they dont freeze to death as diesel runs the north,they would be back to traditional ways in one day if the fuel ever ran out.

Exploration camps the last few years had to fly their own jet fuel in from the south for the choppers as they wouldnt sell it at lots of the airports in the north.

You pick a small community like Baker lake,Arviet,chesterfield inlet,Whale cove,rankin or any other and to get your own place you go on a waiting list.
Shortage of building materials also if some barges dont get through.