This summer may see first ice-free North Pole

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What this clearly demonstrates is the lack of leadership our country has.
Over the decades successive governments have fallen far short in the
business of protecting Canadian Territory. We knew the ice was in
fact melting, but we did nothing to establish our position on boundaries.
Some of these areas should have become provinces years ago and
that would have established boarders. Our govenment decided to keep
the territorial system to save a few bucks and as a result we could lose
trillions in future resource revenues.
Looking tough and talking tough won't protect our boarders, action will
and we had better establish our right of ownership immediately before
the Americans, the Russians and God knows who else start putting their
flags on Canadian soil.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
What this clearly demonstrates is the lack of leadership our country has.
Over the decades successive governments have fallen far short in the
business of protecting Canadian Territory. We knew the ice was in
fact melting, but we did nothing to establish our position on boundaries.
Some of these areas should have become provinces years ago and
that would have established boarders. Our govenment decided to keep
the territorial system to save a few bucks and as a result we could lose
trillions in future resource revenues.
Looking tough and talking tough won't protect our boarders, action will
and we had better establish our right of ownership immediately before
the Americans, the Russians and God knows who else start putting their
flags on Canadian soil.

Grumpy, leave Canada be :D

So after you corrupted your original countries, you have now come to corrupt Canada!
Damned you Grumpy :D

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
---> I get in **** for posting links like this because I did not explain it is a link to a soundtrack to be listened to while I write http://tunes.digitalock.com/reolittlequeenie.mp3

I told all of you guys since hanging out with the Blackfeet in the 70's that the climate was changing, which it always does first in the interiors.

Who wants to know where the next place to invest in real-estate is?

I just did a deal with Sweden where in order to keep social balance with economy it is offered for those wanting to feel like capitalistic conquerors of empire in order to feel confided about ordering others to suck their dick that in those chambers they get to imagine it is happening, in exchange for being fed by people growing food.

And in exchange for that, I offer an interstellar transport system for common-sensors acting normally like common-sense of yes smart, yes good-hearted, yes interested in creation and logic, and yes empathetic versus neanderthal.... my heart breaks about leaving neanderthals behind.(just kidding).

What do we do about leaving neanderthals behind?

Is there a way to set up a sort of stupid government where they get to feel good about being bully?

Oh yeah, we do. Harper, showing how to manage a good bully government.

Am I the only one annoyed by retards trying to schmeel into this county for the money instead of the justice?

Last edited:

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
While you Omicron think about investment and economy, I am not in any economic situation to think about such things. :)

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Tags: National Snow and Ice Data Center, NSIDC, PIOMAS, Polar Science Center
Two graphs, inluding the brand new one to the left, show two (mutually affirming) analyses of the trajectory of Arctic sea ice over the last 30 years.
The National Snow and Ice Data Center graph (left) shows Average Monthly Sea Ice Extent. The figure below shows a Polar Science Center model-generated calculation of Sea Ice Volume. Notwithstanding that NSIDC reports Arctic temperatures in October were 4 to 6 degrees Celsius (7 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit) higher than normal, there is something chilling in the similarity of the two graphs.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Tags: National Snow and Ice Data Center, NSIDC, PIOMAS, Polar Science Center
Two graphs, inluding the brand new one to the left, show two (mutually affirming) analyses of the trajectory of Arctic sea ice over the last 30 years.
The National Snow and Ice Data Center graph (left) shows Average Monthly Sea Ice Extent. The figure below shows a Polar Science Center model-generated calculation of Sea Ice Volume. Notwithstanding that NSIDC reports Arctic temperatures in October were 4 to 6 degrees Celsius (7 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit) higher than normal, there is something chilling in the similarity of the two graphs.

There see.... it's on the up swing... everything is fine.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Monkey see monkey do.

Now that the pole is more accessable it explains why all Santa's toys say made in China?

Santa's elves?
[

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Watts stung by climate crock (again)

I took the bizarre predictions of arctic ice recovery from the “Watts Up With That” blog as a topic for this week’s video. One reason was because, after prominently featuring unhinged forecasts of ice extent recovery,

“Conclusion : Should we expect a nice recovery this summer due to the thicker ice? You bet ya. Even if all the ice less than 2.5 metres thick melted this summer, we would still see a record high minimum in the DMI charts.”

the Watts blog had been strangely silent on the matter, as ice in the real world continued the ongoing death spiral.(see Joe Romm’s illuminating take here)

I'd say the denier house of cards was falling, but they never even had a tent, let alone a house.:lol:

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
What is everyone worried about? Many years ago the Artic was tropical, and if the evolution of earth is going back to that there is nothing we can do.