The Forgotten Holocaust Remembered

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
DU- Depleted Uranium.

Nothing can pop the turret off a tank like DU...but it surely is not a WMD.

The amount of uranium present after removing the enriched fraction has 99.8% of 238U, 0.001% of 234U and 0.2% of 235U by mass; this event is called the depleted uranium (DU) DU has a half life in the billions of years. A pound of DU sitting on the shelf is relatively harmless but make it into bullets and fire the DU bullets into tanks and the stuff burns in air and spreads toxic dust around that is deadly. The DU used in the A-10 Gattling gun is definitely a WMD. People will be dying in Iraq and Kosavo from DU weapons for decades to come.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The amount of uranium present after removing the enriched fraction has 99.8% of 238U, 0.001% of 234U and 0.2% of 235U by mass; this event is called the depleted uranium (DU) DU has a half life in the billions of years. A pound of DU sitting on the shelf is relatively harmless but make it into bullets and fire the DU bullets into tanks and the stuff burns in air and spreads toxic dust around that is deadly. The DU used in the A-10 Gattling gun is definitely a WMD. People will be dying in Iraq and Kosavo from DU weapons for decades to come.

I know you don't like DU as you and I have sparred before over it but Desert Storm was almost 20 years ago and DU was used all over. The mass deaths just haven't materialized. DU is harmful to people in armored vehicles.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Worst single terror attacks in history

By: malterwitty
Tags: ASIA
WAR/DRAFT/VETERAN AFFAIRS
August 6 and August 9 2009 mark the 64th anniversaries of the US atomic-bomb attacks on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In Hiroshima, an estimated 80,000 people were killed in a split second. Some 13 square kilometres of the city were obliterated. By December, at least another 70,000 people had died from radiation and injuries.
Three days after Hiroshima's destruction, the US dropped an A-bomb on Nagasaki, resulting in the deaths of at least 70,000 people before the year was out.
Since 1945, tens of thousands more residents of the two cities have continued to suffer and die from radiation-induced cancers, birth defects and still births.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Worst single terror attacks in history | Links

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

The radioactivity of DU is much less than natural uranium. (DU, consequently, is weakly radioactive and a radiation dose from it would be about 60% of that from purified natural uranium with the same mass.) quote from World Health Organization.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs257/en/

The mass deaths you mentioned have not appeared anywhere yet. I am not saying they will never happen, just saying that all uranium products are not deadly.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
You must have seen the movie. Everybodys history books deny, embellish, bend, fabricate, spin etc. Maybe your favourite history book dosn't. What is it by the way?
My friend - The Book of Facts - Sure that you are unfamiliar with it or are you?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The radioactivity of DU is much less than natural uranium. (DU, consequently, is weakly radioactive and a radiation dose from it would be about 60% of that from purified natural uranium with the same mass.) quote from World Health Organization.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs257/en/

The mass deaths you mentioned have not appeared anywhere yet. I am not saying they will never happen, just saying that all uranium products are not deadly.

There is all kinds of information out there:

11,000 US soldiers dead from DU poisoning

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I know of Leuren Moret who is a well known scientist. The deaths are either there or they are not. If Moret says 11,000 U.S. soldiers have died and more are sick, I would tend to believe her.

Here is another link:

Iraq War Veterans Dead - According to Gulf War Veterans Information System of the Department of Veterans Affairs.

I've read both your articles and I still do not see any evidence except that she said 11,000 have died due to Depleted Uranium. This article calls Desert Storm more deadlier than Vietnam because more Desert Storm vets have died since 1990 than were killed in Vietnam. Where is the logic there? How many Vietnam Vets have died since the Vietnam War? I'd say a heck of a lot more.

It even talks about non-deployed vets during the Desert Storm days dieing. DU?

The first article was written in 2005. Not a peep since. No evidence, no story. I know a bunch of Desert Storm Vets... ALL are fine. ALL.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I've read both your articles and I still do not see any evidence except that she said 11,000 have died due to Depleted Uranium. This article calls Desert Storm more deadlier than Vietnam because more Desert Storm vets have died since 1990 than were killed in Vietnam. Where is the logic there? How many Vietnam Vets have died since the Vietnam War? I'd say a heck of a lot more.

It even talks about non-deployed vets during the Desert Storm days dieing. DU?

The first article was written in 2005. Not a peep since. No evidence, no story. I know a bunch of Desert Storm Vets... ALL are fine. ALL.

Squalene in the vaccines.