The First 100 Days in Trump Land

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The problem with your scenario of Trump not living up to voter expectations relies on the voters being informed.

The average voter doesn't care about Trump's competency. They care about a better standard of living and enough mistakenly thought Trump's policies would make that happen. Of course, they won't.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Trump got elected because few could stomach the alternatives.On both sides.

You are also forgetting that a very high percentage couldn't be bothered to vote.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the chances of Trump getting impeached. Yes, Trump won partially because the alternative was unpopular, but Trump is popular among a certain subset of Americans, and that subset of Americans are exactly the same people Republican politicians need to keep themselves employed.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
aren't you watching him? It might be hard to believe but there he is in all his orange skinned off the cuff, idiocy.
I am watching the press and the political establishment light their collective hair on fire and enjoying every minute of it . Are your bangs getting singed perhaps ?

The Emperor Has No Vocabulary

Mastering the Art of Incoherence

Somewhere in this world, my eighth-grade English teacher ― and everybody else of that generation who valued and revered the form, function and proper use of the English language ― are rolling over in their graves.

The mean-spirited, petty, and unhinged laughingstock who currently occupies the Oval Office held a press conference Thursday afternoon. Excerpts of that press conference are widely available anywhere online and probably up on a billboard in parts unknown, being effectively used as recruitment tools for ISIS.

Suffice it to say that it was a shameful stampede of marauding, unintelligible lunacy.

Instead, the unbridled gobbledygook that spews forth from this president is so incomprehensible that it can bring a roomful of seasoned reporters to their knees. Throughout his nefarious career, Trump has somehow managed to weaponize gibberish and tortured syntax, creating chaos all around him with one of his most frequently-wielded tools: consummate drivel.

He’s like a Jabberwocky terrorist.

His ability to drown out reason with a steady, pernicious flow of babble and blather effectively demoralizes everyone within earshot. He brandishes nonsense like a flamethrower, basically torching his listeners with an unstoppable barrage of disconcerting and creepy, cryptic crap. It’s why an impressive assemblage of hard-bitten, savvy reporters looked as though they needed a blankie, a ba-ba, a binky and a jumbo-sized bottle of Excedrin by the time he was through.

I’m not alone in my observation that this is something we’ve never seen before in a world leader. To be seduced by great and powerful oratory is one thing. To be rendered dumbstruck by incoherent inanity is quite another.

I don’t know what it will take for the sycophantic fools and followers of this stammering Stalin to finally cry uncle. Apparently, a flagrant display of nonsense, asininity, and stunning ignorance does not suffice.

The Emperor Has No Vocabulary | The Huffington Post
Remember the Huffington Post aren't going to report on Trump anymore , this must be fake news .

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The average voter doesn't care about Trump's competency. They care about a better standard of living and enough mistakenly thought Trump's policies would make that happen. Of course, they won't.

That's what I'm saying. They had all the information they needed to believe Trump wouldn't deliver and they still supported him. Reality has no effect on them. It's in Trump's interest to keep it that way and that's exactly what he's been doing.

And I don't mean the average voter. I mean Republican voters.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
a recap of the first 30 days in trumpville:

Donald Trump has now been President for 30 eventful days. So much has happened, so quickly, that it has been hard to keep track. Therefore, we have collected the most notable events in one easy to read chart.

January 20
President Trump gives unusually dark Inaugural Address that is immediately labeled the “American Carnage Speech”

January 21
Over 3 million people march in protest across the US, Trump reacts by claiming (falsely) that inauguration crowds were largest ever. He personally calls Parks Services director and orders him to produce photos to back his claim (he is unable to do so).

January 22
Trump gives speech at CIA building in front of wall memorializing fallen agents – boasts about the size of his win. It is later revealed he brought his own crowd to cheer. Advisor Kelly Anne Conway coins term “alternative facts”.

January 23
Trump makes false claim millions voted illegally. In unprecedented step, New York Times calls the newly elected President a liar. President promises to move US Embassy to Jerusalem in face of international outcry. Signs order to ban federal money going to international aid groups which perform or provide information on abortions.

January 24
President approves Keystone and Dakota pipelines. Calls CNN “Fake News”. Threatens to send “the feds” to Chicago. Badlands National Park tweets evidence of climate change before being shut down.

January 25
Trump claims intelligence officials tell him torture works. Over dinner, approves his first special forces raid (in Yemen). Promises “major investigation” into voter fraud, including those registered in two states – immediately revealed many of his family and aides fall into this category. Signs orders to begin work on Mexican border wall and to deny federal funding to 400 sanctuary cities.

January 26
President threatens to go back and take Iraq’s oil. Doomsday clock moved closer to midnight, citing Trump comments on nuclear weapons. Trump announces Mexico will “pay for wall” by adding a 20 per cent import tax (economists point out this will be paid by American consumers). Mexican president cancels Trump meeting.

January 27
White House removes any mention of Jews from Int. Holocaust Day statement. Trump signs Muslim Ban; chaos ensues at airports. In Mexico, America’s second largest trading partner, consumers launch widespread boycotts of US-made products.

January 28
German Chancellor Merkel explains Geneva Convention to Trump on phone. Top military and intelligence officers removed from National Security Council, white supremacist Steve Bannon added. President calls the New York Times “false news”, and falsely claims the newspaper apologized to readers and that subscriptions are dwindling (they are in fact at record highs). Trump calls Russian President Vladimir Putin. White House reports they agreed on all issues including Syria, and Ukraine. At one point Trump interrupts call to ask aides “What is START treaty?”

January 29
Russia launches new large scale offensive in Ukraine. White House calls Muslim ban “massive success” while global condemnation grows. Dick Cheney calls ban “against everything we stand for”. Downing St officials in London leak President has phobia of stairs and inclines. Lebanese-American held by border officials, asked if he “loves his country”. SEAL dies in botched Yemen raid, several civilians killed.

January 30
Trump blames airport confusion on Delta computers, claims only 109 people affected by Muslim ban (State Dept. data shows it is 90,000). President fires Acting Attorney General Sally Yates for not defending ban. Republicans in Congress begin to break with Trump.

January 31
President announces Supreme Court nominee during prime time TV event. Spokesman Sean Spicer claims Muslim ban is not a “ban”, contradicting earlier tweets from President calling it a “ban”.

February 1
Trump threatens to send US troops into Mexico to deal with the “bad hombres” on the border if President Peña Nieto doesn’t get the situation under control. Pentagon officials state that the Yemen assault went forth “without sufficient intelligence, ground support, or adequate backup preparations”. President name-drops abolitionist Frederick Douglass making it clear he has no idea who he is and thinks he is still alive (died 1895). Trump hangs up angrily on Australian PM.

February 2
At national prayer breakfast Trump asks people to pray for Schwarzenegger’s TV ratings. Canada reports spike in refugees from US. Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson and recipient of Russia’s highest civilian honor is sworn in as Secretary of State. Press reports $12m in Trump campaign funds spent on his companies.

February 3
Trump slams “so called” judge for blocking Muslim ban. Conway caught making up “Bowling Green Massacre” to justify Muslim ban.

February 4
Trump, complaining “Friends of mine, that have nice businesses…can’t borrow money”, deregulates banks. Protests across US and Europe against the Muslim ban.

February 5
President claims judges blocking his Muslim ban are putting America at peril. Says “US isn’t so innocent” either, compared to Russia. Apple, Facebook, Google, and 94 other American corporations file opposition to ban. White House staff leak that President is angry at spokesman Sean Spicer because he is being portrayed on SNL by a woman.

February 6
White House accuses media of not reporting on terror attacks; Sean Spicer provides a list of “unreported” terror attacks which includes some of the most heavily reported attacks, as well as attacks that never occurred. President claims any negative popularity polls are fake. It is revealed Trump is surprised to discover Bannon is on the NSC as he never read the Executive Order making that appointment. Speaker of the U.K. Parliament bans Trump from giving speech, citing his sexism and racism. First Lady files a libel suit claiming she has been prevented from profiting from Presidency.

February 7
WH officials report generals got Trump to agree to Yemen raid by suggesting Obama would never have had the courage to do it. President claims he “does not know Putin” – directly contradicting earlier claims that he did. Trump says US murder rate at 47 year high (it is in fact near 47 year low). Sen. Al Franken calls Education Secretary nominee Betsy DeVos: “the most incompetent cabinet-level nominee I have ever seen.” Trump falsely claims cabinet nominee delays longest in history. (Not even longest in last decade.)

February 8
Trump blasts Nordstrom for dropping Ivanka’s products – they respond it was due to poor sales. Announces, “I understand things, I comprehend very well, OK? Better than, I think, almost anybody.” President announces a $7 billion investment by Intel (6 years after President Obama made the same announcement). Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly says administration is thinking about making visitors to US hand over cell phone PINs and social media passwords.

February 9
Federal court rules against restoring Muslim ban – Trump tweets “SEE YOU IN COURT”. Head scratching ensues. Kelly-Anne Conway illegally promotes Ivanka Trump’s jewelry line during Fox News interview.

February 10
Immigration raids begin across US. Reports that CIA has corroborated details of “Steel Dossier” linking Trump to Kremlin. Trump reiterates he has “full confidence” in National Security Adviser Michael Flynn following more reports he discussed sanctions with Russian Ambassador prior to inauguration.

February 11
Trump manages missile crisis from restaurant patio in Mar-A-Lago. More accusations against Gen. Flynn and his Russian contacts. State visit to UK postponed due to growing opposition among British public.

February 12
Media reports senior US intelligence officials claim spy agencies withholding intel from Trump due to fears White House penetrated by Kremlin. Rampant infighting as Presidential staff leak accusations against each other to press. Trump reiterates support for Flynn.

February 13
Gen. Flynn fired. Sears and Kmart drop Trump-branded items from their online store. Photos emerge of Mar-A-Lago members posing with officer in charge of Trump’s nuclear football.

February 14
Serving four-star US general wonders if American government is “stable”. It is revealed Trump knew for weeks Flynn had lied about Russian contacts. More reports CIA is aware Trump staff was in contact with Russian intelligence agents during election. The Fed Chair Janet Yellen rebuts Trump’s claim banks aren’t lending, and warns of economic disruption.

February 15
Trump claims Russian accusations are just to “cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton’s losing campaign.” When asked about the recent rise of anti-Semitism in the world, President responds by boasting about his Electoral College victory.

February 16
The press conference. “I am not ranting”. Announces Muslim ban will go ahead. Another question about anti-semitism is once again answered with boasts about Electoral College win. African reporter is asked to set up meetings with Congressional Black Caucus. President claims sinking Russian warship would boost his ratings. Fact-checkers later tabulate 17 falsehoods. Republicans in Congress take steps towards investigating Trump’s campaign and administrative ties to Russia.

February 17
Vice Adm. Harward turns down NSA job, citing chaos in White House. There are reports senior Republicans increasingly rattled by President’s behaviour. Trump claims CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, and New York Times are the “enemy of the American people”. Gallup reports Trump’s job approval ratings are lowest of any newly elected President in sixty years.

February 18
Trump holds re-election rally in Florida. (30 days down, 1430 to go.)

Thirty days of Donald Trump - Macleans.ca
January 20th a great speech were he spelled out all he is planning on accomplishing .
Jan. 21 A bunch of winey losers take to the streets to have a group cry .
Jan. 22 waaah .
Jan. 23 Why should America preform abortion s in foreign countries ?
Jan. 24 Keystone , great news .
Jan.25 torture does work .
Jan. 26 the doomsday clock , oh no .
Jan. 28 Isn't Angela Merkle a lame duck ?
Jan. 27 which muslim ban was that ?

This is fun shall I continue , I see you are giving credence to Dick Cheney now . When did you start paying attention to anything he had to say ?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
January 20th a great speech were he spelled out all he is planning on accomplishing .
Jan. 21 A bunch of winey losers take to the streets to have a group cry .
Jan. 22 waaah .
Jan. 23 Why should America preform abortion s in foreign countries ?
Jan. 24 Keystone , great news .
Jan.25 torture does work .
Jan. 26 the doomsday clock , oh no .
Jan. 28 Isn't Angela Merkle a lame duck ?
Jan. 27 which muslim ban was that ?

This is fun shall I continue , I see you are giving credence to Dick Cheney now . When did you start paying attention to anything he had to say ?

You know I didn't write that, right?

But by all means continue. It's always good to see both sides.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. The problem with your scenario of Trump not living up to voter expectations relies on the voters being informed. And yet information about Trump's incompetence and temperament was readily available throughout the campaign, but voters never clued in. He did everything he could to disqualify himself among the sane and rational and yet Republican leaders were still too afraid of their base to stand up to him. There is no logical reason to support Trump now, there wasn't any reason to support him during the election or in the primaries. Trump is already capitalizing on the public's distrust of the media. Everything he's done so far has been a disaster, but he stands in front of screaming crowds and says he's a tremendous success and the media is lying and they all love it. Are Americans ever going to clue in? I doubt it. That's a lot of faith to have in an electorate dumb enough to elect the man in the first place.
Funny your girl Hillary spent 1.5 billion dollars of other peoples money to get elected .
Jeb Bush spent 105 million dollars of other peoples money to try and win republican nomination .

Who are these two stellar humans beholden to ?
Why do they need to spend other peoples money when they are both already richer than most could only imagine ?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Funny your girl Hillary spent 1.5 billion dollars of other peoples money to get elected .
Jeb Bush spent 105 million dollars of other peoples money to try and win republican nomination .

Who are these two stellar humans beholden to ?
Why do they need to spend other peoples money when they are both already richer than most could only imagine ?

Hillary, Jeb, Herbert Hoover, John Quincy Adams, Richard the Third, Xerces ....

Attention deficit or just deflecting?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The US is already in severe trouble. That is why Trump got elected in the first place.

All talk and alleged talk aside, how many people have noticed that killing of blacks by white cops has diminished considerably since January 20. In fact I haven't heard of any! Has anyone else?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
All talk and alleged talk aside, how many people have noticed that killing of blacks by white cops has diminished considerably since January 20. In fact I haven't heard of any! Has anyone else?

Bigger news has pushed the day-to-day stuff back to page 12.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Do you think you just responded to something I said? Stop arguing with the people in your head.
Nope I am not arguing simply stating facts . Uncomfortable facts but facts non the less .

You know I didn't write that, right?

But by all means continue. It's always good to see both sides.
I realize you didn't write this , which is why I stopped short , I may continue later .

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks like Trump is actually making America great again. Just look at the progress made since the election:
1. Unprecedented levels of ongoing civic engagement.
2. Millions of Americans now know who their state and federal representatives are without having to google.
3. Millions of Americans are exercising more. They're holding signs and marching every week.
4. Alec Baldwin is great again. Everyone's forgotten he's kind of a jerk.
5. The Postal Service is enjoying the influx cash due to stamps purchased by millions of people for letter and postcard campaigns.
6. Likewise, the pharmaceutical industry is enjoying record growth in sales of anti-depressants.
7. Millions of Americans now know how to call their elected officials and know exactly what to say to be effective.
8. Footage of town hall meetings is now entertaining.
9. Tens of millions of people are now correctly spelling words like emoluments, narcissist, fascist, misogynist, holocaust and cognitive dissonance.
10. Everyone knows more about the rise of Hitler than they did last year.
11. Everyone knows more about legislation, branches of power and how checks and balances work.
12. Marginalized groups are experiencing a surge in white allies.
13. White people in record numbers have just learned that racism is not dead. (See #6)
14. White people in record numbers also finally understand that Obamacare IS the Affordable Care Act.
15. Stephen Colbert's "Late Night" finally gained the elusive #1 spot in late night talk shows, and Seth Meyers is finding his footing as today's Jon Stewart.
16. "Mike Pence" has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood since Nov. 9th.
17. Melissa FREAKING McCarthy.
18. Travel ban protesters put $24 million into ACLU coffers in just 48 hours, enabling them to hire 200 more attorneys. Lawyers are now heroes.
19. As people seek veracity in their news sources, respected news outlets are happily reporting a substantial increase in subscriptions, a boon to a struggling industry vital to our democracy.
20. Live streaming court cases and congressional sessions are now as popular as the Kardashians.
21. Massive cleanup of facebook friend lists.
22. People are reading classic literature again. Sales of George Orwell's "1984" increased by 10,000% after the inauguration. (Yes, that is true. 10,000%. 9th grade Lit teachers all over the country are now rock stars.)
23. More than ever before, Americans are aware that education is important. Like, super important.
24. Now, more than anytime in history, everyone believes that anyone can be President. Seriously, anyone.
- Susan Keller
Nicely done...Just think what he will achieve e in the next four weeks.. or is it downhill from here??

Well the U.S. survived 8 years with that ignorant sod George Bush in office , How can Trump be more idiotic than him ?
The answer should be obvious . Bush jr could at least string a sentence together. that was close to being coherent. His one real plus was that he has a sense of humor. Trump can't do sentences and certainly has no sense of humor. Trump is a lot worse. Perhaps the destruction of the POUTS began with Bush Jr. and now Trump might just complete the process.....unless some form of checks and balances kick in.

Kinda makes one wonder why the republicans gravitate to ; idiots as their potential leaders>>>

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
which is too bad since he doesn't give a lot of thought to the things he thinks.

Given his intense lack of critical thinking skills the US will be in severe trouble by the end of his 4 yrs.

His style is a little crazy but he knows what has to be done to get America back on track. He seems to be concentrating on security and ridding the country of the criminal element which is good, while at the same time bringing back jobs and cutting taxes. All good stuff, so I say let him rant and rave all he wants as long as he "walks the walk". :) :)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Google "police shoot black" and refine your search to the last month. Then stop talking idiotic nonsense.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
That's not "gumption". That's Tourettes.

Even those with Tourettes don't want to say the things they do. They can't help it. Trump says whatever he wants to, regardless of the truth.

I am watching the press and the political establishment light their collective hair on fire and enjoying every minute of it . Are your bangs getting singed perhaps ?

Damn, I really wanted to say I don't have bangs. But I do. And they're not singed and they're super cute. They sit just above my very blue eyes. Also, I'm neither the political establishment nor am I the press. I am thoroughly enjoying sitting back and watching this circus. I've got lots of popcorn and very comfortable seat.

His style is a little crazy but he knows what has to be done to get America back on track. He seems to be concentrating on security and ridding the country of the criminal element which is good, while at the same time bringing back jobs and cutting taxes. All good stuff, so I say let him rant and rave all he wants as long as he "walks the walk". :) :)

It would be nice to believe he knew what he's doing, but he doesn't. Gov't does not operate like a business. And if he'd had to struggle to run his business without daddy's money he'd have lost all of them, not just some.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It would be nice to believe he knew what he's doing, but he doesn't. Gov't does not operate like a business. And if he'd had to struggle to run his business without daddy's money he'd have lost all of them, not just some.
Maybe it should......Trump has plenty of experience with bankruptcy....in and out off....