The association of others with God

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Every messenger or apostle of God invited his people to worship God alone as One Single God without associate or equal, and to forsake the idol worship or the idolatry.

{We had never sent any messenger [to his people] before [We have sent] you [Mohammed], unless We revealed to him: "There is no god [in the universe] but only I [: God]; so [O people] worship Me [alone, and none else.]"} Quran 21: 25.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I'll bet He feels immense relief.
Why is that? There is no evidence one way or the other.

You make God seem more like an absentee ruler than someone worthy of worship who could ever care about us, his 'creations'.
Delos McKown: "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."

Anytime you open the Bible God is speaking to you directly.
You god is not lucid.
If you can't understand it then He isn't all that fond of you.
It is my turn to be relieved.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Delos McKown: "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."

The evidence seems to me to be of the type we tend to take for granted. For instance the construction of an humming bird or a bumble bee, the list of devinely created critters is quite long in my estimation. We are confronted with the visable tangible proof of higher intelligence in the very assemble of the universe and life itself. The invention of God certainly is a complicated matter due to the proliferation of the various makes and models but to discard the devine idea out of hand citeing no proof when you are the proof by way of your ability to reason as was always considered the proof of god. Yes we try to emulate God in that we invent same as god, and that is the emulation of god still recomended by most religions to become godlike or closer to god. God was invented or discovered which ever way it is it is a damn usefull idea.I think of that idea, as the power that built life out of matter and thought and orders the universe. Surely you will admit to there being power and intelligence of vastly superior stuff at the helm of the one universe.
Especially since all science seeks the final and all inclusive cause and can go in no direction other than that. Think of the Higgs Boson commonly thought of as the God Particle daft as the theory is, thier thinking has no other recourse but to look for the devine formula the cause of all. Are they mistaken or not?

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Not easy to makes sense of cognitive dissonance unless of course you can block out the contradictions.
How much effort do you put in to eliminating those 'contradictions'? (letting the Bible supply the answer)

Sarcasm included for free. If the book doesn't sway you then you have to wait for proof that will be by things happening before your very eyes. The gathereing doen't have to be at the earliest possibility it can also come 'just in the nick of time'.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The evidence seems to me to be of the type we tend to take for granted. For instance the construction of an humming bird or a bumble bee, the list of devinely created critters is quite long in my estimation. We are confronted with the visable tangible proof of higher intelligence in the very assemble of the universe and life itself. The invention of God certainly is a complicated matter due to the proliferation of the various makes and models but to disgard the devine idea out of hand citeing no proof when you are the proof by way of your ability to reason as was always considered the proof of god. Yes we try to emulate God in that we invent same as god, and that is the emulation of god still recomened by most religions to become godlike oe closer to god. God was invented or discovered which ever way it is it is a damn usefull idea.I think of that idea, as the power that built life out of matter and thought and orders the universe. Surely you will admit to there being power and intelligence of vastly superior stuff at the helm of the one universe.

so what was god doing before he invented the universe? and having spent that much time alone, you'd think he'd have gone batty, don't cha'?

being alone in a void of nothing and then to spend so much time waiting for humans to develop. 100's of millions of years, just sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The evidence seems to me to be of the type we tend to take for granted. For instance the construction of an humming bird or a bumble bee, the list of devinely created critters is quite long in my estimation.
Again, there is no evidence for this "devine creation". There IS, however, evidence for evolution.
We are confronted with the visable tangible proof of higher intelligence in the very assemble of the universe and life itself.
Prove that your "proof" is fact.
The invention of God certainly is a complicated matter due to the proliferation of the various makes and models but to disgard the devine idea out of hand citeing no proof when you are the proof by way of your ability to reason as was always considered the proof of god.
Nope. Reason is evidence of evolution.
Yes we try to emulate God in that we invent same as god, and that is the emulation of god still recomened by most religions to become godlike oe closer to god. God was invented or discovered which ever way it is it is a damn usefull idea.I think of that idea, as the power that built life out of matter and thought and orders the universe. Surely you will admit to there being power and intelligence of vastly superior stuff at the helm of the one universe.
Useful ideas. That is most likely the cause of the creation of goddesses and gods. But, I admit that goddesses and gods cannot be quantified in any way, so as unknowns, they may be possible, however extremely improbable.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
so what was god doing before he invented the universe? and having spent that much time alone, you'd think he'd have gone batty, don't cha'?

being alone in a void of nothing and then to spend so much time waiting for humans to develop. 100's of millions of years, just sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

Well the commonly accepted definition of God precludes any such mental malady don't it.? Is time real or just imaginary? Where is this nothing? The Hindo stuff has pretty much all the answers. I can't keep it all straight without the pocket book and there are no pockets big enough anyway.
Apparently he/she sleeps a lot on a lotus floating on a sea of tranquility.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Getting married to the Holy Spirit and having a child called Christ. Creation happened because that is where their Son would find His wife, in this case Jesus found Mary of Bethany,, aka the beloved Disciple of John the Baptist.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Getting married to the Holy Spirit and having a child called Christ. Creation happened because that is where their Son would find His wife, in this case Jesus found Mary of Bethany,, aka the beloved Disciple of John the Baptist.

What's your proof of this?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Again, there is no evidence for this "devine creation". There IS, however, evidence for evolution.
The bible promotes 3 forms of life, birds, fish and land animals, lots of adaptations but none ever crossed those barriers do become one of the other 2 species. Adaptation had to take place if every created being is unique from all other of the same species.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Intellect found matter. John was the first type of man Jesus was the second type.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There is a process to being that perfect, 120 years to understand emotions correctly and a much longer period to be able to manipulate all matter in the known universe, then you are wise enough to be considered to be perfect. Even God and the Holy Spitit had parents that were also their teachers.

Re:4:6-8:
And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal:
and in the midst of the throne,
and round about the throne,
were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
And the first beast was like a lion,
and the second beast like a calf,
and the third beast had a face as a man,
and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him;
and they were full of eyes within:
and they rest not day and night,
saying,
Holy,
holy,
holy,
Lord God Almighty,
which was,
and is,
and is to come.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The bible promotes 3 forms of life, birds, fish and land animals, lots of adaptations but none ever crossed those barriers do become one of the other 2 species. Adaptation had to take place if every created being is unique from all other of the same species.
Again, there is no evidence for "divine creation". There IS, however evidence for proteins, acids, etc. arriving on Earth on cosmic bodies and assembling life. There IS evidence for evolution. You stick to your mystical creationism, I will stick to reality.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
There is a process to being that perfect, 120 years to understand emotions correctly and a much longer period to be able to manipulate all matter in the known universe, then you are wise enough to be considered to be perfect. Even God and the Holy Spitit had parents that were also their teachers.

saying,
Holy,
holy,
holy,
Lord God Almighty,
which was,
and is,
and is to come.

The Book of Revelation is not reliable, and is ambiguous and mysterious; so one should not take it as a basis for his belief.
Moreover, in addition to the Quran, the Bible also emphasizes in some of its ayat or verses, that God has no parents and no sons, and that God is not a man nor yet a son of man.

Quran 112
[Christians said that God is three: a father and a son and a Holy Ghost; therefore, this soora was revealed in reply to them:]
1. Say [O Mohammed to those Christians who believe in the Trinity]:
"He is God, One [but not three whom you claim to be one.]"
a

2. "God is Eternal [and Invariable b.]"

3. "Who never begot [anyone], nor was He ever begotten."

[Then He confirmed that by His saying – be glorified:]
4. "And none [of creatures] is like to Him [in managing the universe.]" c
a It means those three whom you consider as one: the first is God – be glorified; while the second is the Christ who is God’s messenger, and not his son as do you claim. And the Holy Ghost is Gabriel who is one of the angels and a messenger to the prophets.

b Concerning His attributes, and He never changes.
That is because they claim that God is a spirit, and this spirit came down from heaven and entered the body of the Christ after the crucifixion, so he arose from the grave and went up to heaven. Therefore, He consists of the body of the Christ and the spirit of God. And so they call him: the Holy Ghost.
So that by their saying ‘father’ they mean the first One [of the three] that is the Eternal, and by the ‘son’ they mean the Christ before his death, and by the ‘Holy Ghost’ they mean the final who became consisted of a body and a spirit according to their claim; and they said: The three are one.

Therefore, God objected to them by His saying that: (God is Eternal [and Invariable]), i.e. He is Unchangeable concerning His attributes; He does not change, and does not enter into a human body as do they claim, neither does He give birth so that He may have any son as do they imagine.

c It means: none of creatures may stand instead of Him in managing the universe: neither any angel, nor the Christ nor anyone else; because they only are created beings, and any created being is unable to manage the affairs of creatures.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

saying,
Holy,
holy,
holy,
Lord God Almighty,
which was,
and is,
and is to come.
Griffins are real? hahahahaha There I was thinking they were a mythical critter invented by Greeks and Egyptians.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
What's your proof of this?

Re:19:7:
Let us be glad and rejoice,
and give honour to him:
for the marriage of the Lamb is come,
and his wife hath made herself ready.
Re:19:8:
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen,
clean and white:
for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Re:21:9:
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues,
and talked with me,
saying,
Come hither,
I will shew thee the bride,
the Lamb's wife.
Re:21:10:
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain,
and shewed me that great city,
the holy Jerusalem,
descending out of heaven from God,

Re:1:1:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ,
which God gave unto him,
to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass;
and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Re:1:2:
Who bare record of the word of God,
and of the testimony of Jesus Christ,
and of all things that he saw.

Joh:21:22-25:
Jesus saith unto him,
If I will that he tarry till I come,
what is that to thee?
follow thou me.
Then went this saying abroad among the brethren,
that that disciple should not die:
yet Jesus said not unto him,
He shall not die;
but,
If I will that he tarry till I come,
what is that to thee?
This is the disciple which testifieth of these things,
and wrote these things:
and we know that his testimony is true.
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which,
if they should be written every one,
I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.
Amen.

Joh:1:40:
One of the two which heard John speak,
and followed him,
was Andrew,
Simon Peter's brother.

Lu:10:39:
And she had a sister called Mary,
which also sat at Jesus' feet,
and heard his word.

Joh:12:6:
This he said,
not that he cared for the poor;
but because he was a thief,
and had the bag,
and bare what was put therein.
Joh:12:7:
Then said Jesus,
Let her alone:
against the day of my burying hath she kept this.