Tamir Rice

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Her maiden name is the same as my surname. Glad she left the club.
Star is fiercely loyal to Manson. She still has a scar from when she shaved her head and carved an X in her forehead two years ago, an act similar to what girls in the so-called Manson Family did during his 1971 trial. She says she did it at Manson's request as a protest after he was put in solitary confinement.

he's still doing the same stuff

chilling

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Her maiden name is the same as my surname. Glad she left the club.

Actually, that's not Tamir Rice. That's Crazybitch Wackaloon. Tamir Rice was the 12-year-old boy gunned down by the police for having a toy gun. Ms. Wackaloon is Retired Can Soldier's MHz-worthy attempt to divert the thread.

To give credit where due, looks like it's working.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Actually, that's not Tamir Rice. That's Crazybitch Wackaloon. Tamir Rice was the 12-year-old boy gunned down by the police for having a toy gun. Ms. Wackaloon is Retired Can Soldier's MHz-worthy attempt to divert the thread.

To give credit where due, looks like it's working.

Actually, I'd say it was you, starting here.

Why not? The cop who killed Andy Lopez did.

The cops who killed John Crawford did.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Pretty sad that a 12 year old can't play with a toy gun without getting picked off by Matt Dillon.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
He was clearly a violent, dangerous felon, a drug user and a bad person. And with a name like Tamir, probably a Muslim terrorist. I'm glad he's dead.

Hark! I see what you mean ....

/

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Ah, so your deliberate refusal to look up the names is my fault.

I didn't refuse anything. I commented on this case and you became shrill.

Good personal responsibility there.

I'd tell you that I'm satisfied with the grand jury decision, and I'd tell you why, but you wouldn't listen.
Again, I was commenting on this thread. I draw no correlation between the three cases as neither has anything in common.

How do I know you wouldn't listen? Because I also agreed with the verdict in the Zimmerman case, and you clearly think I didn't, even though I said on this board that I did.
I hate to tell you Bones, but after I turn of this webpage I have a whole other life.

See? Facts simply don't influence you.
Are you okay, you seem angry?

Let's summarize. I start a thread on Tamir Rice, who was shot by police because he had a toy gun. You say you don't think the police will get off. I respond that in two recent similar cases (people being shot by police while holding toy guns) the police did get off. You start talking about Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin, neither of whom had a toy gun and both of whom assaulted their shooters. Then you start babbling about Charles Manson, whose connection I can't for the life of me make out. Then you blame me for the lack of a "frank discussion."

That about right?

I'm glad we had this little talk. Happy Thanksgiving.
Let's summarize the summation. I mention that this doesn't look good, you get all frigging smarmy. It's hardly a conspiracy, but you keep stumping there young fella.

Happy Turkey day.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The president of the Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association has said the officers weren't told the caller thought the gun might be fake.

Authorities said the boy was told to raise his hands and was shot when he pulled the pellet gun from his waistband, though he hadn't pointed it at police or made verbal threats.

"Our officers at times are required to make critical decisions in a split second," Chief Calvin Williams said. "Unfortunately this is one of those times."

Tamir Rice, Boy Shot Dead By Cleveland Police, Did Not Point Replica Gun At Officer

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
The idiot was walking around brandishing the pellet gun like some punk while others were walking by in a park and kept doing it like he owned the place. The cops showed up, he didn't put his hands up realizing this was serious, reached for the pellet gun and got shot & killed accordingly.

The police served and protected the community as their job entailed. For all anybody knew the gun was real and so was the threat.

The punk wanted to suicide by cop and got what he deserved.

Natural Selection, Case Closed.

There was no fight in that video. Or anything threatening for that matter.

He was literally waiting for the cops to show up and as soon as he heard them coming, he got up and headed straight towards them.

The police made sure there wasn't a fight, but there was certainly a threat. He had a visible gun on him, people called them to the site reporting that he had a gun.... if you look at the long version of the video, you will see he was being threatening to many people in the area.... he then advanced right up to the police car with the gun visible and obviously reached for it.

He wanted to get shot and killed by the police and he got exactly what he deserved.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Underlining theme in all this is that Cops are not trained enough.
It is too much shoot first ask question later, and a huge tendency to use way too much force than needed.
I wonder if the cops sleep well at night?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
They say they told him 3 times to raise his hands...why did he go for the 'toy' gun in his waistband in the first place.

Kid fought the law and the law won again. Unfortunate but hey, don't carry a wannabe 'gun' in your goddamn waistband and by gawd don't reach for it if the cops ask for your hands.

Video Released of 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice Gunned Down by Cop - YouTube

911 operator did not pass on critical information that was received from the call. That it appeared to be a toy gun.
Next point. Time frame from arrival to shooting. Seconds?????
And yes, if the kid was armed they pulled up tight on him.
Not a good position to see when in a vehicle.
Not a position to be if it was a real gun. Unless you have already prepared yourself to shoot is a distinct impassibility.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The idiot was walking around brandishing the pellet gun like some punk while others were walking by in a park and kept doing it like he owned the place. The cops showed up, he didn't put his hands up realizing this was serious, reached for the pellet gun and got shot & killed accordingly.

The police served and protected the community as their job entailed. For all anybody knew the gun was real and so was the threat.

OR: He was walking around with his prize possession. Lots of boys are given pellet guns. Isn't it part of being a boy? So, being a 12 year old boy (not a teenager yet) he's got his TOY with him while he pretends to be a bad ***, maybe he was even pretending to be a cop. Like lots of boys do, you know, play pretend games. Maybe even shoot a duck or rabbit, given the chance. Like lots of boys do that too.

When the officers tell him to stick his hands up, he thinks he'll just show them it's a toy and all will be well. cause guess what? he's not some hoodlum. Maybe he was a real live little boy playing with his toy.

That's an alternate view.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
OR: He was walking around with his prize possession. Lots of boys are given pellet guns. Isn't it part of being a boy? So, being a 12 year old boy (not a teenager yet) he's got his TOY with him while he pretends to be a bad ***, maybe he was even pretending to be a cop. Like lots of boys do, you know, play pretend games. Maybe even shoot a duck or rabbit, given the chance. Like lots of boys do that too.

When the officers tell him to stick his hands up, he thinks he'll just show them it's a toy and all will be well. cause guess what? he's not some hoodlum. Maybe he was a real live little boy playing with his toy.

That's an alternate view.

I don't think Prax was being serious. I hope not.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

That's an alternate
view.
If you were a police officer .... would you bet your life on it?????

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

That's an alternate view.[/
QUOTE]
If you were a police officer .... would you bet your life on it?????

It's an alternate view. Don't you think the people who are paid to serve and protect should be trained to assess situations? Shoot first doesn't seem like an appropriate response.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
It's an alternate view. Don't you think the people who are paid to serve and protect should be trained to assess situations? Shoot first doesn't seem like an appropriate response.
r

It's a pretty bizarre response. If I tink a guy's armed, I'm not going to pull up right next to him. If the person involved is a pre-teen, I'm going to make allowance for the likelihood that it is a toy gun. He was shot within two seconds of the cops arriving.

That said, if it looks like a gun, and its pointing at you, you gotta shoot.

This is going to make Ferguson look like a picnic.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
One time, I was out prospecting, and a bear charged me, when that happens yo have only a few seconds to make a decision,....My jacket was zipped up and my handgun was under my jacket.... (protected carry)
I was lucky.....sometimes bears make a false charge and will stop about 20 ft. away, then go away....
I never carried my firearm under my jacket after that in the bush!
I don't blame that officer.......