Tamir Rice

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
He was clearly a violent, dangerous felon, a drug user and a bad person. And with a name like Tamir, probably a Muslim terrorist. I'm glad he's dead.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I guess my first question is why?

It looks bungled from the video. Why would the cops come in so close? Why would they bring a cruiser in at such close range? Even if this was a madman with a real gun coming in like this was foolhardy.
I doubt this officer will be getting off.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I guess my first question is why?

It looks bungled from the video. Why would the cops come in so close? Why would they bring a cruiser in at such close range? Even if this was a madman with a real gun coming in like this was foolhardy.
I doubt this officer will be getting off.

Why not? The cop who killed Andy Lopez did.

The cops who killed John Crawford did.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Why not? The cop who killed Andy Lopez did.

The cops who killed John Crawford did.

Yes of course, every shooting is connected.

And Brown and the Skittle Kid and they enslaved Kunta Kinte and cut off half his foot.

It's all one big race war. Maybe Charlie Manson can whip up some Helter Skelter sentiment. Off a few Pigs.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes of course, every shooting is connected.

And Brown and the Skittle Kid and they enslaved Kunta Kinte and cut off half his foot.

It's all one big race war. Maybe Charlie Manson can whip up some Helter Skelter sentiment. Off a few Pigs.

If you googled it, you would find that Andy Lopez and John Crawford were both shot dead carrying toy guns. So maybe the shootings were connected, or at least similar.

Not similar to the Trayvon Martin shooting or the Michael Brown shooting, both cases in which:

1. The person shot assaulted the shooter, and

2. Toy guns were not involved.

But I can see how acquiring some facts might interfere with your certainties, so probably a good idea to avoid them.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
If you googled it, you would find that Andy Lopez and John Crawford were both shot dead carrying toy guns. So maybe the shootings were connected, or at least similar.

Not similar to the Trayvon Martin shooting or the Michael Brown shooting, both cases in which:

1. The person shot assaulted the shooter, and

2. Toy guns were not involved.

But I can see how acquiring some facts might interfere with your certainties, so probably a good idea to avoid them.

I can see how it upsets your agenda when someone who might think Michael Brown got himself killed by grabbing for a police officers gun might think that this shooting was unjustified. I mean, clearly if people think the cops were justified they must be against all black people. This lends itself to the smarmy attitude rather than frank discussion.

Regarding Charlie:

Holy Crap some environmentalists are loopy.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I can see how it upsets your agenda when someone who might think Michael Brown got himself killed by grabbing for a police officers gun might think that this shooting was unjustified. I mean, clearly if people think the cops were justified they must be against all black people. This lends itself to the smarmy attitude rather than frank discussion.

Ah, so your deliberate refusal to look up the names is my fault.

Good personal responsibility there.

I'd tell you that I'm satisfied with the grand jury decision, and I'd tell you why, but you wouldn't listen.

How do I know you wouldn't listen? Because I also agreed with the verdict in the Zimmerman case, and you clearly think I didn't, even though I said on this board that I did.

See? Facts simply don't influence you.

Let's summarize. I start a thread on Tamir Rice, who was shot by police because he had a toy gun. You say you don't think the police will get off. I respond that in two recent similar cases (people being shot by police while holding toy guns) the police did get off. You start talking about Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin, neither of whom had a toy gun and both of whom assaulted their shooters. Then you start babbling about Charles Manson, whose connection I can't for the life of me make out. Then you blame me for the lack of a "frank discussion."

That about right?

I'm glad we had this little talk. Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited: