Tamir Rice

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
One time, I was out prospecting, and a bear charged me, when that happens yo have only a few seconds to make a decision,....My jacket was zipped up and my handgun was under my jacket.... (protected carry)
I was lucky.....sometimes bears make a false charge and will stop about 20 ft. away, then go away....
I never carried my firearm under my jacket after that in the bush!
I don't blame that officer.......

bear and children...not quite the same thing.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
A child with a gun will kill you just as dead as a grown up with a gun.....

I don't think there is anything you can possibly tell me about this particular incident that will make me think shooting 12 year old children is ok.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't think there is anything you can possibly tell me about this particular incident that will make me think shooting 12 year old children is ok.
I am disappointed with the video

I thought it had been a justified shoot

it was not

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

It is a rarity for a Grand Jury not to indict.
The Prosecutor it the one who present what evidence they deem appropriate.

It’s Incredibly Rare For A Grand Jury To Do What Ferguson’s Just Did | FiveThirtyEight

A St. Louis County grand jury on Monday decided not to indict Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson in the August killing of teenager Michael Brown. The decision wasn’t a surprise — leaks from the grand jury had led most observers to conclude an indictment was unlikely — but it was unusual. Grand juries nearly always decide to indict.

Or at least, they nearly always do so in cases that don’t involve police officers.

Former New York state Chief Judge Sol Wachtler famously remarked that a prosecutor could persuade a grand jury to “indict a ham sandwich.” The data suggests he was barely exaggerating: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, the most recent year for which we have data. Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Sometimes kids make a false charge and will stop about 20 ft. away, then go away....

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Sometimes kids make a false charge and will stop about 20 ft. away, then go away....

My dog took a run at me the other day. I walk in, and she's running at me full-bore. Tail up, tongue lolling--every sign of aggression. I went for my bic pen to take the dog's eye out if necessary. Horrified, I realized I'd left my pen in my workbag. Luckily she just wanted to lick my face. Whoo! That was a close one.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
All they have to do is find the cops guilty and there won't be any riots right
Works for me doesn't matter about the law its just a motion they go through

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Don't worry. The cops'll walk anyhow.
I hope not. It would be a travesty if they do. However if GM can just let person after person die due to known faulty car parts because the cost of recall is prohibitive then why not think the cops will just walk in this case.\

I thought when I heard they had it on tape that the tape would just reinforce the story as told, but it does not.

Our society is becoming more and more divided by "people in my tribe" and people in my tribe are right because they are more like me than those others. It is disturbing that we are losing sight of what is right and just.

It sounds like the police in many of your states are not well paid. So it will be the not so bright with a bully attitude that are attracted to such positions. Not good, not good at all to place them in powerful positions of life and death. Anyone brighter will quickly move to detective leaving the ranks below poorly staffed.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Gotta dig the brave wannabes that know how they or anyone else would/should react given the circumstances and crappy dispatch call.

Anyway kids, here's the information the two officers received:

"In the park by the youth center there's a black male sitting on the swing. He's wearing a camouflage hat, a gray jacket with black sleeves. He keeps pulling a gun out of his pants and pointing it at people".

And yeah. Tragic.

The dispatcher should be grilled. The cop reacted to seeing a handgun pulled from the kids waistband. But I'm sure some of the kumbaya crowd would have offered to go play video games with him or something.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
How right you are. There is nothing like concern for the state of the planet we leave our children to indicate that you are likely to marry a psycho killer. Posts like that aren't making your case. Just moving you futher out to wingnut land.

I don't think Prax was being serious. I hope not.

Neither was I. Just sayin...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Intentionally misunderstanding the opposing side to belittle or 'one up' them is a weak tactic and sounds vaguely like a gr. 8 debate club.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Every male on this forum has played with toy guns and would be dead if they lived around those sorry excuses for police officers.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I hope not. It would be a travesty if they do. However if GM can just let person after person die due to known faulty car parts because the cost of recall is prohibitive then why not think the cops will just walk in this case.\

I thought when I heard they had it on tape that the tape would just reinforce the story as told, but it does not.

Our society is becoming more and more divided by "people in my tribe" and people in my tribe are right because they are more like me than those others. It is disturbing that we are losing sight of what is right and just.

It sounds like the police in many of your states are not well paid. So it will be the not so bright with a bully attitude that are attracted to such positions. Not good, not good at all to place them in powerful positions of life and death. Anyone brighter will quickly move to detective leaving the ranks below poorly staffed.

Google "Andy Lopez" and "John Coleman Ohio Wal-Mart" and draw your own conclusion.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Google "Andy Lopez" and "John Coleman Ohio Wal-Mart" and draw your own conclusion.

Andy Lopez, 13, (June 2, 2000[2] - October 22, 2013) was an eighth-grade student who attended Lewis Opportunity School in Santa Rosa. He was raised in the Moorland Avenue neighborhood in southwest Santa Rosa. He transferred to Lewis Opportunity School from Cook Middle School one week prior to his death.[3] At the time of the shooting, Andy had smoked marijuana within the last 60 to 75 minutes and was "likely feeling the effects of that marijuana at the time of his encounter with the sheriff's deputies."[4]

According to Santa Rosa Police Lieutenant Paul Henry, two Sonoma County sheriff's deputies were patrolling the Moorland Avenue neighborhood when they spotted Andy Lopez, who was carrying an airsoft replica of an AK-47 assault rifle[8] which did not have the orange tip that is a legal requirement for all toy guns for import.[citation needed] The sheriff's deputies reportedly approached the children from behind and called out to demand that Lopez drop the weapon, while he was walking on Moorland, just past the corner of West Robles Avenue. Deputy Michael Schemmel remained in the police car while deputy Erick Gelhaus was outside of the car and was directly interacting with Lopez. At 3:14 pm, Erick Gelhaus, fired 8 shots at Lopez from his department-issued 9 mm handgun.[9] Seven bullets hit Andy within 6 seconds, two of them delivering fatal wounds with one round hitting him on his side while he was turning to face the police, according to an autopsy. The deputies then immediately handcuffed Lopez. When Lopez was searched after the shooting he was also found to have a replica pistol in his waistband, which reportedly looked realistic and was missing its orange tip. He was pronounced dead on the scene.[10] There are conflicting reasons given as to why Lopez was carrying the replica firearms, with some stating that he was returning them to a friend and others saying that he was supposedly going to use them to try and scare a friend as a joke. Lopez was found to be under the influence of marijuana after an autopsy.

Sad situation, but looks like a case of mistaken weapon and considering the circumstances police face with school shootings it is not unreasonable to see how such a mistake could be made.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Andy_Lopez#cite_note-11 If this boy had an orange tip on his replica weapons I could understand your connection to the other shooting, but he didn't and the picture below

is from the Columbine massacre one could certainly take into account a very possible threat.

Taking a look at the weapon one is left to wonder.

AK47

Airsoft AK47 Replica

Airsoft AK47 Replicaa without orange tip.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
2 questions come to mind.
How many police killings the US?
How many indicted and convicted?