So, how about that Syrian chemical attack thing?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
...just a workplace hazard experienced people have to deal with

Despite what the press who have been know to lie repeatedly, have said:
The rest of the world sees the US as a country that keeps manufacturing reasons to start wars they can't finish

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
So you approve of the airstrike and hate Trump. OK.

That is essentially correct, yes. "Hate" Trump? I think that he's a lying slime ball.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
[youtube]dbabOyydsMY[/youtube]

the us war effort

I see. Thanks for pointing that out.

prove that wrong doood!
what...Afghanistan, Korea, Iraq...?
where is Libya these days...you call that won?
;)
come on over lets play poker!
(we will play on a boat!)

...then there was Vietnam, the little country no giant country would attack 'cause it was so small...

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
WRT the use of gas, the victims were civilians. They are non-combatants and are supposed to be left alone. Add to that, Assad ordered his own citizens attacked. It's wrong on a number of levels.

Assad ordered a gas attack" Gee that sounds so 2003 ish Saddam ordered gas attack.

That aside..............

So, where was everybody last month when bombs killed dozens of Syrian children under rubble?

Iraqi rescue workers on Friday pulled dozens of bodies from the ruins of a building in Mosul, where residents allege a U.S.-led coalition strike killed 137 people a week ago. — Washington Post

On March 16, US forces bombed Idlib, Syria, apparently targeting an Al Qaeda meeting. Almost immediately after the strike, human rights organizations on the ground said roughly 50 civilians had died in the strike .Yes, that’s the same Idlib Assad struck. Everyone is bombing the same town.

There was almost universal outrage and an outpouring of sympathy for the victims of this atrocity. US media provided wall to wall coverage, as is appropriate for such an atrocity. During an interview earlier today, Hillary Clinton said she had long advocated air-strikes against Assad’s air force and thought they were still a good idea.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Well, dying from gas is painful. Living after exposure is worse. Most are badly maimed. Compared to mustard gas, Sarin kills quicker, but I'd rather be blown up. There has been a moratorium in place for years against the use of it. Eventually, the world catches up with users.

WRT last month, it depends what side you're on and the weapons you employ.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Assad ordered a gas attack" Gee that sounds so 2003 ish Saddam ordered gas attack.

That aside..............

So, where was everybody last month when bombs killed dozens of Syrian children under rubble?

Iraqi rescue workers on Friday pulled dozens of bodies from the ruins of a building in Mosul, where residents allege a U.S.-led coalition strike killed 137 people a week ago. — Washington Post

On March 16, US forces bombed Idlib, Syria, apparently targeting an Al Qaeda meeting. Almost immediately after the strike, human rights organizations on the ground said roughly 50 civilians had died in the strike .Yes, that’s the same Idlib Assad struck. Everyone is bombing the same town.

There was almost universal outrage and an outpouring of sympathy for the victims of this atrocity. US media provided wall to wall coverage, as is appropriate for such an atrocity. During an interview earlier today, Hillary Clinton said she had long advocated air-strikes against Assad’s air force and thought they were still a good idea.
What's your point? Sounds a lot like you're saying that because we can't be perfect every time, we shouldn't do anything.

Is that your position?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
What's your point? Sounds a lot like you're saying that because we can't be perfect every time, we shouldn't do anything.

Is that your position?
No, it's more about the manufactured faux outrage over killing Muslims with gas instead of bombs and bullets.

I guess you have to ask, why is America meddling in the Middle East. Yes I'm aware that the have been shaping the area for 70 plus years but why are they still there........?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, it's more about the manufactured faux outrage over killing Muslims with gas instead of bombs and bullets.
So you're OK with chemical warfare? See it as just another weapon?

OK, thanks. Interesting point of view.

I guess you have to ask, why is America meddling in the Middle East. Yes I'm aware that the have been shaping the area for 70 plus years but why are they still there........?
Somebody's gotta do it. We're no worse than the last bunch. Or the one before that. Or the one before that.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I don't think it's faux outrage over the use of gas. There is a reason that is was banned. If you haven't already, have a look at the poor souls who managed to live through gas attacks and what they went through for the rest of their lives. WWI use was what generated the banning of it as a battlefield wpn. Sometime in the 1920s.

Depending on the agent used, the injuries inflicted are harder to treat and to live with.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Nigel Farage and other right-wing populists turn on Donald Trump after missile strikes

Mr Farage said: "I am very surprised by this. I think a lot of Trump voters will be waking up this morning and scratching their heads and saying 'where will it all end?'

Nigel Farage and other right-wing populists turn on Donald Trump after missile strikes

How government poisoned the people of Flint

Flint water has poisoned more than just its children.

It's poisoned the citizenry's faith in government, which is supposed to provide safe drinking water, one of life's most basic essentials.

Just ask Pete Nichols who was picking up bottles of water from a downtown fire station on a recent weekday.

HOW WE GOT HERE
From the beginning to now, here's a brief video wrap-up of how the Flint water crisis came to be.
* Timeline: Step-by-step guide
* Key Figures:What they knew
* Graphic: How lead got into the water
* Ongoing Flint Water Coverage
"Somebody needs to go to jail for this, man," said Nichols. "They're poisoning an entire community. A generation of kids will never recover from this. And it's all just to save a few dollars. They played a game of chess with our lives and we lost."
How government poisoned the people of Flint | Michigan News -

they got any cruise missiles on the great lakes?

US Government Finally Admits Agent Orange Poisoned Troops
http://theantimedia.org/us-government-finally-admits-agent-orange-poisoned-troops/

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
sheesh...even the shiny pony supports Trump:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We used to call it 'rearranging the dirt'.

This is what Kreskin is talking about.

U.S. Launches Missiles at Syrian Base After Chemical Weapons Attack

The United States launched dozens of cruise missiles Thursday night at a Syrian airfield in response to what it believes was Syria's use of banned chemical weapons that killed at least 100 people, U.S. military officials told NBC News.

Two U.S. warships in the Mediterranean Sea fired 59 Tomahawk missiles intended for a single target — Ash Sha'irat in Homs province in western Syria, the officials said. That's the airfield from which the United States believes the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad fired the banned weapons.

There was no immediate word on casualties. U.S. officials told NBC News that people were not targeted and that aircraft and infrastructure at the site were hit, including the runway and gas fuel pumps.

the rest here.

U.S. Launches Missiles at Syrian Base After Chemical Weapons Attack - NBC News

The next 48 hours are going to be interesting.

That's what we call a good start.

no, it's more about the manufactured faux outrage over killing muslims with gas instead of bombs and bullets.

I guess you have to ask, why is america meddling in the middle east. Yes i'm aware that the have been shaping the area for 70 plus years but why are they still there........?

oil.

Cliffy doesn't even vote . He hates all equally , except republicans , he hates them more .

He does like the welfare cheque they provide every month.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
the tomahawks should have been nukified.

there was a reporter that referred to putin as poutine. :lol:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
well, at least the US and Isus have the same goals in public now

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Message delivered.

Well done, Mr. Trump.
It must be quite a relief to know he is as dumb as the rest of the US presidents going back to Johnson. Perhaps this is Trump's Bay of Tonkin. As I recall the Vietnam war didn't end up being such a win for the US Military.
So when you going to Israel to pay your respects to them rather than going to gay Paree to get drunk?