Should the CBC stop being funded by the gov't?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My dad listened to CBC on the radio, but as soon as he went up to bed, we would switch to W W V A, Wheeling West Verginia and listened to country music..
The only time we could listen to it was at night on A M "skip"
Any one who ever used a CB radio knows what "skip" is.....

• Haha
Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Less global warming, greta reset, 2030 agenda, and preloaded stimulus bail-in disinfo would be a good thing...THAT would change.
:)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
My dad listened to CBC on the radio, but as soon as he went up to bed, we would switch to W W V A, Wheeling West Verginia and listened to country music..
The only time we could listen to it was at night on A M "skip"
Any one who ever used a CB radio knows what "skip" is.....
I used to get wheeling on my toilet paper roll Chrystal radio...couldn't wait to here all the good stuff from Detroit too, real RNR was hard to come by then.

I got into a little trouble though when I hot wired the head phone out put into the needle input on the record player to get speaker volume though.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
There is no longer a need for the CBC, it contributes nothing to the gdp and no longer is needed in Canada. If we canned the CBC today, nothing would change in our lives.
I say CAN the CBC.
Could not agree with you more on this, Durry. A waste of space and taxpayer money that contributes nothing to the over all good of Canadians. It serves no useful purpose. The sooner that it is de-funded the better for us all.

Reactions: taxslave

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
CBC still has good programing with shows like Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap and many others. Too many repeat broadcasts though to maintain interest for me. . Internet radio is not quite the same with the local content. Remuneration and a bloated bureaucracy like all public sector jobs are the major issue.

You could cut many government programs without anyone noticing. A couple of years ago it was discovered Hydro One under the Wynne government had a program to do with peak energy time savings for industry. Program cost $70 million and had 20 customers using the program. CEO was earning over $500,000.

Reactions: petros

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Diane Francis: CBC does not deserve our money

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is a politicized bureaucracy that’s riddled with bloat, conflicts, propagandists and political bias that only caters to a small minority of Canadians. Yet taxpayers are forced to pay $1.2 billion annually to support it. This has to end.

The CBC’s coverage is often biased, and arrogant. Its corporate culture believes in the myth that the network serves a higher purpose: to link the country and bring information to all Canadians. Despite this lofty goal, at the outset of the pandemic, the CBC suspended local news broadcasts. The backlash was immediate and the decision reversed.

Even worse, the CBC has made a number of questionable judgments recently that have come to light thanks to Blacklock’s Reporter, which provides better coverage of Ottawa than the CBC does. In a June 21 story, Blacklock’s revealed that economist Trevor Tombe, who regularly writes opinion columns for the CBC’s website, was paid $16,950 in a sole-source contract by the Privy Council Office last August, which was not disclosed to readers.

This contradicts the CBC’s Journalistic Standards And Practices guide, which states that, “It is important to mention any association, affiliation or special interest a guest or commentator may have so that the public can fully understand that person’s perspective.”

“CBC needs to do better in this area,” admitted Jack Nagler, the network’s ombudsman, in a Feb. 17 review of a complaint over another failure to disclose information about a pundit that appeared on the network. That complaint had to do with Amanda Alvaro, who appeared as a panellist on CBC’s “Power and Politics” and failed to disclose her close relationship with high-ranking Liberals or her fundraising efforts for WE Charity.

It’s an open secret in Ottawa and elsewhere that the Rolodex of guests trotted out by the network is filled with friends, activists, lawyers, government lobbyists and journalists who have close links to the Liberal party.

Now facing gigantic deficits, it’s time for taxpayers to demand an end to the $1.2 billion a year subsidy that props up this mediocre and often-biased network. Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole has called for the CBC’s English-language operations to be defunded. He would cut all funding for CBC’s English-language digital enterprises and cut 50 per cent of the funding for its English-language television and news operations, with the goal of privatizing the Crown corporation within his first mandate.

This is the right thing to do. The CBC is inefficient and costly, yet doesn’t provide a service Canadians seem to want — CBC Television’s audience share is down to a measly 3.9 per cent.

It’s no wonder why. The CBC is becoming an irrelevant, preachy left-wing and nauseatingly politically correct propaganda arm for the Liberal elite. The public has already spoken, as witnessed by its collapsed ratings, and now it’s time to stop forcing Canadians to pay for the bloody thing.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
I'm of the opinion that CBC needs to have a different funding model than it currently has.

Anyone else agree or have ideas how?

I do think it's important to have CANCON but I think legal broadcasting laws would take care of that.

Thoughts?

I would like to see the leftist lieberal CBC(communist broadcasting corporation)be abolished and save the taxpayer's billions of tax dollars. The government should not be in the business of competing with the private sector. The CBC would disappear tomorrow if it were not for the taxpayer's supporting the CBC with their tax dollars. If the CBC is so great then let it try to go it alone without taxpayer tax dollars. That would work well for me. :D

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I would like to see the leftist lieberal CBC(communist broadcasting corporation)be abolished and save the taxpayer's billions of tax dollars. The government should not be in the business of competing with the private sector. The CBC would disappear tomorrow if it were not for the taxpayer's supporting the CBC with their tax dollars. If the CBC is so great then let it try to go it alone without taxpayer tax dollars. That would work well for me. :D
But think of the poor children running the show , what would they do ?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I think an appropriate group of right leaning citizens should approach the federal government with a proposal for a national news outlet that leans their way. They'd have to wait until a right wing government is back in power but if they think the CBC is so biased it's only fair that they have a network of their own.

CaptainTrips

Nominee Member
Jul 29, 2018
Why would we have investigative journalists if the masters will quash any story that harms the bottom line .All the pretty faces and silky speakers and wormy writers all jump to the same tune like a puppet being controlled by a marionette . In our case the marionette is the Liberal Party. There is no longer any in depth reporting on any issue detrimental to left wing causes . Sickening .
Which is no different than over 90% of media. Get rid of CBC.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
But think of the poor children running the show , what would they do ?

The grown up children that are running the CBC are nothing more than a bunch of social justice communist warriors. Screw them. Let them go and find a real job where they will have to work for a living instead of being paid to sit around on their lazy warrior asses all day and do nothing. They deserve scorn, not pity. Works for me. LOL.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
I think an appropriate group of right leaning citizens should approach the federal government with a proposal for a national news outlet that leans their way. They'd have to wait until a right wing government is back in power but if they think the CBC is so biased it's only fair that they have a network of their own.

This is what Canada needs today. A right wing news channel TV network. Canada once had a right wing news TV channel called the Sun News Network. It was started back about a decade or two ago and it was a TV channel where conservatives could get to hear the other side of the story that the leftist lieberal MSM of Canada refuse to want to report.

Sadly, the CRTC, another Canadian left wing communist government controlled outfit, got Sun News taken off the airwaves. I doubt very much that with all of the communists now running Canada today, and with the help of the leftist liberal bought off Canadian media, they will all work to make sure that a TV news channel like The Sun News never makes it on the air in Canada ever again. Canada has truly become a communist controlled country. Believe it or not. :rolleyes:

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Why would we have investigative journalists if the masters will quash any story that harms the bottom line .All the pretty faces and silky speakers and wormy writers all jump to the same tune like a puppet being controlled by a marionette . In our case the marionette is the Liberal Party. There is no longer any in depth reporting on any issue detrimental to left wing causes . Sickening .
The so called journalists that work for the CBC are not real journalists at all. They do not do any kinds of proper journalism. When journalists only want to report one side of the story and not the other side of the story, that is not journalism at all, that is just plain total bull shit. Those so called CBC journalists, like those at CTV and Globull, have become nothing more than a bunch of bought off cowardly journalists who will only do as they are told without a whimper by our dear comrade leader Castro Trudeau.

And what is with Castro Trudeau anyway with all of that hair on his ugly looking face? Is he trying to look and act like his old man Fidel Castro by chance? Is he trying very hard to try and turn Canada into another communist Cuba? This whole scamdemic convid 19 bull shit sure has allowed this Castro Trudeau dictator an opportunity to try and turn Canada into a communist country. So far, so good for his communist plans for Chanuckistan. :eek:

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Curious about Catherine Tait's remuneration package. There will lie the detachment from average people and the reason the CBC has become redundant. Serving the political agenda of the day makes it all that much more inessential. Stories of living high on the hog of the public dime give good basis for dismantling the entire thing. Imagine the huge savings that would very quickly not be missed. The problem is the bureaucracy needs the jobs in order to get the pensions.
Canada needs a real and true bloody revolutionary conservative overhaul. It is the only way that Canada can once again get back to the good old days when living life was so great in Canada. Living in Canada today has become a nightmare. All we now get from our dear comrade political leaders is more government, more taxes, and less freedom then ever before. The CBC is/has been a part of the leftist lieberal takeover and destruction of the old Canada that we once knew.

Our British/European traditions and culture and history are being abolished and are being replaced by a third world rabble of misfits that are being imported into Canada every year without our permission. Multiculturalism/diversity is destroying this once great British/European country with a bunch of new foreign languages and cultures that are incompatible with our own British/European culture. If we do not try and end this third world immigration invasion being promoted by the likes of the CBC we will all be the losers in the end. Probably just one more decade of this massive third world immigration communist agenda bull shit and Canada will be doomed and finished. Castro Trudeau wants to bring in a million new 3rd world people in the next three years. Holy phuk, man. o_O

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
There is no longer a need for the CBC, it contributes nothing to the gdp and no longer is needed in Canada. If we canned the CBC today, nothing would change in our lives.
I say CAN the CBC.

Plenty of things will change. The CBC will not be able to peddle and push their communist like programs and agendas that have done so much harm to our British/European culture and traditions. The CBC is full of social justice communist like warriors that hate the old British/European Canada and want to replace it with a new communist like multicultural third world Canada. The CBC must be canned alright if we want to save the old Canada that worked well for us all. Just saying.