Should the CBC stop being funded by the gov't?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My dad listened to CBC on the radio, but as soon as he went up to bed, we would switch to W W V A, Wheeling West Verginia and listened to country music..
The only time we could listen to it was at night on A M "skip"
Any one who ever used a CB radio knows what "skip" is.....

• Haha
Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Less global warming, greta reset, 2030 agenda, and preloaded stimulus bail-in disinfo would be a good thing...THAT would change.
:)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
My dad listened to CBC on the radio, but as soon as he went up to bed, we would switch to W W V A, Wheeling West Verginia and listened to country music..
The only time we could listen to it was at night on A M "skip"
Any one who ever used a CB radio knows what "skip" is.....
I used to get wheeling on my toilet paper roll Chrystal radio...couldn't wait to here all the good stuff from Detroit too, real RNR was hard to come by then.

I got into a little trouble though when I hot wired the head phone out put into the needle input on the record player to get speaker volume though.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
There is no longer a need for the CBC, it contributes nothing to the gdp and no longer is needed in Canada. If we canned the CBC today, nothing would change in our lives.
I say CAN the CBC.
Could not agree with you more on this, Durry. A waste of space and taxpayer money that contributes nothing to the over all good of Canadians. It serves no useful purpose. The sooner that it is de-funded the better for us all.

Reactions: taxslave

bob the dog

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2020
CBC still has good programing with shows like Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap and many others. Too many repeat broadcasts though to maintain interest for me. . Internet radio is not quite the same with the local content. Remuneration and a bloated bureaucracy like all public sector jobs are the major issue.

You could cut many government programs without anyone noticing. A couple of years ago it was discovered Hydro One under the Wynne government had a program to do with peak energy time savings for industry. Program cost $70 million and had 20 customers using the program. CEO was earning over $500,000.

Reactions: petros