Pierre Poilievre’s callous courting of Canada’s ‘deplorables’ (left wing in full panic mode)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

Like Trump, Poilievre is potentially leading us down the same dark and nasty road Trump has taken Americans — all in a sleazy bid to attain power.

This is starting to get just sad. The Left is in full Panic Overdrive over PP. They are trying everything they can to attach him to Trump and suggest some evil hidden agenda all in a bid to grab power. That's not just a bid, a SLEAZY bid.

They go so far as to suggest he is a clear and present danger to the country. And that his supporters are Canada's version of "the deplorables".

The fact that they are so scared spitless of him certainly suggests he's on the right track anyway. :LOL: (y)

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
What makes me laugh about that is the leftist Canadians who whine about Trump fail to see their own PM has pretty much the same characteristics they say Trump has.
Trudeau has never told the truth about anything since being elected. He was deeply engaged in trying to obstruct and subvert justice. He has a proven track record of misogyny when it comes to women who don't think like he does. And let's not forget Gropergate.

He verbally assaults and lays down nasty labels on anyone who dares to oppose him.
He refuses to answer the simplest of questions with a straight answer.
He's an arrogant megalomaniac.
He abused his power because some big bad truckers peacefully protested against his shit while he excuses left-wing violence as "understandable".
He's taken political prisoners.
He has given control of this country over to outside organizations (The UN and WEF).
He subverted the democratic process by wrangling himself an unearned majority govt.
He routinely undermines our institutions while complaining that Canadians are losing faith in those same institutions.
He's incredibly divisive.

Also, when you're so desperate to attack your political opponents with made up shit, it's pretty clear you lack the ability to stand on your own merits because there's nothing for you to stand on.

I mean it's not like Team Groper can point to anything positive they've accomplished in 7 years.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What makes me laugh about that is the leftist Canadians who whine about Trump fail to see their own PM has pretty much the same characteristics they say Trump has.
Trudeau has never told the truth about anything since being elected. He was deeply engaged in trying to obstruct and subvert justice. He has a proven track record of misogyny when it comes to women who don't think like he does. And let's not forget Gropergate.

He verbally assaults and lays down nasty labels on anyone who dares to oppose him.
He refuses to answer the simplest of questions with a straight answer.
He's an arrogant megalomaniac.
He abused his power because some big bad truckers peacefully protested against his shit while he excuses left-wing violence as "understandable".
He's taken political prisoners.
He has given control of this country over to outside organizations (The UN and WEF).
He subverted the democratic process by wrangling himself an unearned majority govt.
He routinely undermines our institutions while complaining that Canadians are losing faith in those same institutions.
He's incredibly divisive.

Also, when you're so desperate to attack your political opponents with made up shit, it's pretty clear you lack the ability to stand on your own merits because there's nothing for you to stand on.

I mean it's not like Team Groper can point to anything positive they've accomplished in 7 years.
And of course, the flip-side of that is the rightist Canadians who despise those characteristics in True Dope, but cream their jeans over Dolt 45.

Reactions: Serryah

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
And of course, the flip-side of that is the rightist Canadians who despise those characteristics in True Dope, but cream their jeans over Dolt 45.
I disagree. One had the citizens' best interests in mind and did an incredible job despite having a lot of crap thrown his way & the other has only his own interest in mind and hates people who "don't think the way they should," calls everyone in the country bigots, racists & white supremists because they don't agree with him. The proof is in the pudding and I'd prefer the former rather than the latter.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I disagree. One had the citizens' best interests in mind and did an incredible job despite having a lot of crap thrown his way & the other has only his own interest in mind and hates people who "don't think the way they should," calls everyone in the country bigots, racists & white supremists because they don't agree with him. The proof is in the pudding and I'd prefer the former rather than the latter.

So why do you still think Trump is great with that spot on assessment of him?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Exactly.

I mean, Trudeau deserves a lot of flack for the stupid crap he's done, don't get me wrong. But this "Fuck Trudeau" stuff while "Trump Is Awesome!" when they're both doing the same type of shit just really does not compute.

Reactions: Colpy

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So why do you still think Trump is great with that spot on assessment of him?

Trump is a man of his word , he actually listens to guestions and tries to answer without using weasel words . Imagine a politition answering questions honestly . They had one but didn’t like it .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well, mostly because every time we say The Donald is great some ignorant leftward has apoplexy.
I honestly think that's a big part of it :) I think a lot of his supporters just wanted to toss a spanner into the gears of the left. "hey - you want to go hard left and step on our rights, here's what we can do".

But the other thing is while trump's activities and what he said were often atrocious, his actual GOVERNANCE was pretty good. If you take the tweets and nonsense about how many showed up at his coronation out of it, the economy was good, trade went up, foreign policy was vastly better, he's the only president in ages who didn't start a war, Jobs were prosperous and his project lightspeed did in fact lead to the fastest development of a vaccine in the history of man. And for all his bluster he kind of stayed out of the lives of the average american.

Whereas trudeau - the results are very different. A country more divided than it's ever been, more than DOUBLING the debt from all the prime ministers before him combined, the trade deals have worsened and we arent' signing any significant new ones, the economy is in fact weak and is only holding on due to that massive gov't spending which has played a significant role in high inflation and will have to stop soon, he declared our modern day version of martial law on a bunch of protesters so he could seize the bank accounts of those who supported them, and then there's the actual corruption. The airports are beyond a disaster, good luck getting a passport, most of the gov't services are failing or have failed, and now interest rates are rising and we're going to have a significant recession. And before that the world banks predicted Canada's economy would now underperform badly for the next 40 years.

Honestly if trudeau had actually delivered and done his job right and we had a solid economy, reasonable debt and expenditure, and a modest blow from covid combined with a rock solid plan to get our finances back on track i think much of his other shenannigans would be forgiven. As was the case with Trump. But that specifically is where the two differ.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Exactly.

I mean, Trudeau deserves a lot of flack for the stupid crap he's done, don't get me wrong. But this "Fuck Trudeau" stuff while "Trump Is Awesome!" when they're both doing the same type of shit just really does not compute.
What has Trump done that Trudeau is following? BTW what the heck does "...Trump is great with that spot on assessment of him?" mean? I'm not understanding what "spot on assessment?" Most of what is said about Trump hasn't been to be found true. It's incredible that people hate him so much that even when the truth comes out, they STILL don't believe. Now Biden lies constantly (like Trudeau - better comparison since Trudeau is following the Biden play-book) but no one says anything about it. Sigh...

But the truth will set us free .... eventually.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
ell, mostly because every time we say The Donald is great some ignorant leftward has apoplexy.
I've said it before & I'll say it again. Trump isn't nor has he ever been perfect. I hated his tweets! As a person, I'm not a fan of Trump, believe it or not.

But as President, he was exceptional. He was effective because he was an outsider and all this shit that is happening is because he wanted to "clean the corruption" and the "corrupt" are fighting back in the only way they can by destroying Trump in any way that they can. So far, they haven't been successful and it's not looking good for them. If nothing else, Trump helped Americans (and the world) see how truly corrupt the U.S. government & many of its organizations are. I'm sure a lot of people suspected there was corruption, both within the Democratic & Republican parties and oh boy, were they right!!

Having said that , his tweets were just words (albeit crude) and apparently people have REALLY REALLY THIN SKINS now so almost everything and anything that is said will "offend" somebody. Can't legislate "feelings" but they're trying LOL

Reactions: petros

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
And ignorance is Bliss.
You must be very happy then :)

But seriously, she's not wrong. The russian thing turned out to be untrue, a number of the other alligations turned out to be untrue. That's a fact. So you can see why some would take any new allegations with a bit of a grain of salt.

Reactions: petros

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
That's because The Donald wasn't great.

If you think he was great, then Trudeau was fantastic.
Trump is a raving loon. That’s what makes him so good. At the very least he proved the Presidency can be b@ught. I think both sides cheated, or at least tried to during the election.
TurdOWE, OTH is a spoilt, lying,sack of shit.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Trump is a raving loon. That’s what makes him so good. At the very least he proved the Presidency can be b@ught. I think both sides cheated, or at least tried to during the election.
TurdOWE, OTH is a spoilt, lying,sack of shit.
Trump would have never made President if his opponent wasnt a more crooked, lying sack of shit than he is.

Its not exclusive to US politics