Our cooling world

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Do you do f**K all that's useful besides post your incessant drivel?

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
Do you do f**K all that's useful besides post your incessant drivel?

Does any of that matter? For all you know they are posting off of a smart phone at work.

This is about a cooling world. Well, for the last 100 years it was been warming. During WW II it paused and for the last 20 years it has paused. Because of the complexities of the warming trends that occur over the years we can't be sure what it's going to do but it is very likely that it will cool significantly over the next 20 years or so. But it might just as well stay where it is.

We can say quite assured that it has nothing whatsoever to do with CO2. That has been nothing more than an excuse that has been proven wrong by so many sources that we can write it off the books.

The real problem is the True Believers in the Church of Global Warming. These people accept that the world is going to end as an article of religious faith. And virtually none of them understand science beyond vinegar and baking soda make foam.

So cooling back down a bit would certainly destroy a religion and help the world.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
There is a big difference between believing and knowing, and they believe they know it:
;)
but they don't.

Belief is the human trait that is killing this planet.

They can beleive all they want but I KNOW they/we won't survive the consequences of belief

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
There is a big difference between believing and knowing, and they believe they know it:
;)
but they don't.

Belief is the human trait that is killing this planet.

They can beleive all they want but I KNOW they/we won't survive the consequences of belief
If we wanted to show the direct satellite measurements of the actions of the gases in the atmosphere we could look at:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/library/coursefiles/04_rad_budget.pdf

Figure 4.6 on page 4-11 shows that ALL of the atmospheric gases are cooling. CO2 swerves slightly into the positive catagory when it hits the stratosphere but we already knew that. Addition CO2 in an atmosphere of almost no density (less than 0.1 bar I think) has no effect in the lower atmosphere for a variety of reasons.

The most important thing is that we see not even low altitude clouds having any warming effect but rather a cooling. This albedo effect that has been studied in several places demonstrates that the Sun's emissions that hit the upper atmosphere are reflected by the additional clouds that are formed by high atmospheric humidity - in other words we have a negative feedback property of the atmosphere and not the positive feedback that the global warming community insists exists.

Musky

Time Out
May 19, 2017
So when does this cooling begin?

Atmosphere, land, Oceans....

Not that I want it to...it would be cool (lol) if we had Florida weather up here in Canada.

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
So when does this cooling begin?

Atmosphere, land, Oceans....

Not that I want it to...it would be cool (lol) if we had Florida weather up here in Canada.

The entire idea is that we don't know when. All we know is that weather is chaotic and it could remain warmer than normal for quite a while or it could get very cold for a long time.

On TV news this morning "In southern Florida yesterday it was the hottest day EVER, except for June, July and August." And what is the date? A couple of days short of June.

If you cannot see that these sorts of things are totally loony toons then perhaps you ought to get inspected yourself.

Musky

Time Out
May 19, 2017
The entire idea is that we don't know when. All we know is that weather is chaotic and it could remain warmer than normal for quite a while or it could get very cold for a long time.

On TV news this morning "In southern Florida yesterday it was the hottest day EVER, except for June, July and August." And what is the date? A couple of days short of June.

If you cannot see that these sorts of things are totally loony toons then perhaps you ought to get inspected yourself.

It was a bit cool on Saturday were I was. So it's true, the planet is cooling.

Just ask Pete, he knows everything and will dazzle you with all sorts of pretty graphs.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So what? You do realize California just ended one of the worst droughts in the last 500 years (Actually you probably don't). I doubt anyone is unhappy about the new stockpile of snow in the Sierra Nevadas.

You got that one right. The devastion from forest fires has been disastrous the past five years.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
How many have noticed how much rain and flooding we've had over the whole world this year?? I guess the melted polar ice has to go somewhere..

This is specifically the case out here on the prairies... Damn flooding from the ice free North pole since 2013.

... I also didn't get the 4 of hearts that I needed for a straight flush the other day.... Just another example of how global warming is hurting all of society

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
How do you suppose water gets up in the atmosphere and exactly what do you think melted pole ice consists of??

Most reasonably intelligent person knows that!!
What do mostly intelligent people realise ?