Ontario Election 2014 - The Official Thread

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Unfortunately you have me at an advantage for I do not know who or what some of you people(?) keep referring to me as. Now it is a Doctor?

Our last conversation here were along the lines of your fixation on pedophilia , and my feelings were those of "The Lady doust protest too much". I would suggest you take down that aspect of your blog. When it comes to the genre of Horror , writers should leave a somewhat ambiguous profile in the imaginations of their readers and not focus on one aspect of their real life fixations.
And your welcome, my generosity in helping the art world knows no bounds.

Yup Doc.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Lol, no need to post a compensating pic, we all knew you lean to the right anyways. :smile:

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Fresh off the the Curmudgeon Press

McGuinty government changed green energy rules to benefit Liberal-linked firms, court filing charges

A U.S. wind power developer that is seeking $653-million in damages under a NAFTA challenge accuses the government of Ontario of manipulating Green Energy Act rules to benefit the interests of Liberal-connected firms, according to court documents obtained by the National Post.

The court filing, recently made public in the case that pits Mesa Power, a Texas-based developer owned by U.S. financier T. Boone Pickens, against the government, alleges Ontario replaced “transparent” criteria for the selection of energy projects with “political favoritism, cronyism and local preference.”

Read More:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Did I say that or did you want me to say that? If McGuinty wanted a local preference, it should have been stated in the tendering documentation - just like America First is on some.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Those pesky teacher -- I mean media unions...

Ontario Election 2014: Media Union Urges Members Not To Vote For Hudak

In an unprecedented move, a union representing hundreds of Ontario journalists and media workers is urging its members not to vote for Tim Hudak's Progressive Conservatives on Thursday.

Unifor Local 87-M, historically known as the Southern Ontario Newsmedia Guild, released a video Monday warning a PC government would pose a threat to the livelihood and workplace security of its 2,600 members.

In the clip, Toronto Sun union chair and veteran journalist Jim Slotek explains that while its members work in a field committed to objectivity, there is a "point where objectivity and reality collide."

While he doesn't endorse the Ontario Liberals or NDP, Slotek urges members to consider the "practical reasons" for not supporting the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party, "an oxymoron under its current leader Tim Hudak."

Slotek is critical of the PC leader's plan to cut 100,000 public sector jobs — "most of them unionized" — in four years and says Hudak has a clear "hatred" of organized labour. He also references the right-to-work policy that Hudak abandoned before the election as proof the PC leader aims to weaken labour laws in the province.

At one point, Slotek highlights a part of a PC caucus white paper released in 2012 — Paths to Prosperity: Flexible Labour Markets — saying the Ontario Labour Relations Board and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board are "overdue" for reform.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Those pesky teacher -- I mean media unions...

In an unprecedented move, a union representing hundreds of Ontario journalists and media workers is urging its members not to vote for Tim Hudak's Progressive Conservatives on Thursday.

Unifor Local 87-M, historically known as the Southern Ontario Newsmedia Guild, released a video Monday warning a PC government would pose a threat to the livelihood and workplace security of its 2,600 members.

In the clip, Toronto Sun union chair and veteran journalist Jim Slotek explains that while its members work in a field committed to objectivity, there is a "point where objectivity and reality collide."

While he doesn't endorse the Ontario Liberals or NDP, Slotek urges members to consider the "practical reasons" for not supporting the Ontario Progressive Conservative Party, "an oxymoron under its current leader Tim Hudak."

Slotek is critical of the PC leader's plan to cut 100,000 public sector jobs — "most of them unionized" — in four years and says Hudak has a clear "hatred" of organized labour. He also references the right-to-work policy that Hudak abandoned before the election as proof the PC leader aims to weaken labour laws in the province.

At one point, Slotek highlights a part of a PC caucus white paper released in 2012 — Paths to Prosperity: Flexible Labour Markets — saying the Ontario Labour Relations Board and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board are "overdue" for reform.

Wow big surprise there. Actually MF, if you had posted that the Union was voting for Hudak, That would have blown me away. This? Not so much.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Poverty in Ontario would grow under Hudak

A Progressive Conservative government under Tim Hudak would be a step backwards for poverty reduction in Ontario, according to a non-partisan analysis of party platforms for the June 12 election released Tuesday.

“All three parties made a commitment: they voted for the Poverty Reduction Act in 2009,” said Greg deGroot-Maggetti of the 25 in 5 Network for Poverty Reduction, a provincial coalition dedicated to ensuring all political parties uphold the province’s landmark anti-poverty legislation.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Poverty in Ontario would grow under Hudak

A Progressive Conservative government under Tim Hudak would be a step backwards for poverty reduction in Ontario, according to a non-partisan analysis of party platforms for the June 12 election released Tuesday.

“All three parties made a commitment: they voted for the Poverty Reduction Act in 2009,” said Greg deGroot-Maggetti of the 25 in 5 Network for Poverty Reduction, a provincial coalition dedicated to ensuring all political parties uphold the province’s landmark anti-poverty legislation.
Non-partisan my a$$.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
RCS has a valid point about the rift between the right and unions.

Wally is just a confidence booster.

Every red he gives continues to propel this forum in the direction he likes least.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
mr wynnes cheerleaders have nervous bowel syndrome these days. it's funny to watch. :lol: