Ontario Election 2014 - The Official Thread

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Are these supposed economists the same ones who agree with tax and spend..??

We won't know until Walter tells us who they are.........

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Con papers = 0 class

Toronto Sun's Kathleen Wynne Cartoon Sparks Controversy

The Toronto Sun sparked controversy Thursday with a controversial cartoon mocking Ontario Liberal Leader Kathleen Wynne.

The illustration by longtime Sun cartoonist Andy Donato — showing broken glasses, bloody teeth and a Wynne pin — ran just two days after the provincial leaders' debate.

Polls from both Ipsos and Forum Research suggest PC Leader Tim Hudak was seen as the night's winner.

While it's not clear if the illustration was making a point about the debate, it nonetheless left more than a few people with the impression the newspaper was making light of violence against women.

Many took to Twitter to deride the cartoon as unacceptable and demand an apology from the newspaper.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Con papers = 0 class

The Toronto Sun sparked controversy Thursday with a controversial cartoon mocking Ontario Liberal Leader Kathleen Wynne.

The illustration by longtime Sun cartoonist Andy Donato — showing broken glasses, bloody teeth and a Wynne pin — ran just two days after the provincial leaders' debate.

Polls from both Ipsos and Forum Research suggest PC Leader Tim Hudak was seen as the night's winner.

While it's not clear if the illustration was making a point about the debate, it nonetheless left more than a few people with the impression the newspaper was making light of violence against women.

Many took to Twitter to deride the cartoon as unacceptable and demand an apology from the newspaper.

I think only a moron would think the intention of this was condoning violence against women. Clearly it is a graphical representation of how Wynn had her *** handed to her in the leaders debate. The sensitive types are just taking offense for the sake of taking offense.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
No one's stopping the Sun from continuing to make themselves look foolish.

It's the reason they will never escape the tabloid label they've so graciously accepted.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
As long as the Tories don't get in, any of the others will be fine. Well except the Greens
I never want to see them on the front benches in any parliament

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Con papers = 0 class

Huffpo squeals like a stuck pig when any leftard is made fun of.

These were popping up all over Thunder Bay.

All over? I see one sign in the photo.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Well I'm definitely not one to be counted amongst the "uber sensitive, omg look what they've done now, I'm so very offended" brigade and I do not look at this and think 'violence against women'. However the first word that did pop into my mind when I saw this was 'assassination'; there is a photo I'm sure that I've seen before of broken, bloody glasses on the ground after an assassination (was it Lennon? I've googled but can't seem to find the shot on the sidewalk) and that's what it reminds me of. Now I'm the last person that wants to see the Liberals head back to Queen's Park however anything that implies, suggests or even hints at 'assassination' is off-side in my opinion.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Well I'm definitely not one to be counted amongst the "uber sensitive, omg look what they've done now, I'm so very offended" brigade and I do not look at this and think 'violence against women'. However the first word that did pop into my mind when I saw this was 'assassination'; there is a photo I'm sure that I've seen before of broken, bloody glasses on the ground after an assassination (was it Lennon? I've googled but can't seem to find the shot on the sidewalk) and that's what it reminds me of. Now I'm the last person that wants to see the Liberals head back to Queen's Park however anything that implies, suggests or even hints at 'assassination' is off-side in my opinion.

I think that reference is a bit far fetched IMHO.

Here are some of the pics of the glasses for comparison.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm just saying the first thought that popped into my head is all.

Yes, I found those ones but I'm sure I remember a photo of glasses on the sidewalk, I believe they were his but maybe I'm mistaken.

I searched the images. Pics in papers next day did not show crime scene. One pic I found of crime scene did not show glasses. The image could have been suppressed or was a later created image which your brain latched on to. Maybe in an attempt by a marketer to sell you a Yoko Ono album?

Of course in 1980 google did not exist so maybe the image has just been lost.