Omnibus Jeffrey Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I knew that, but never really understood the concept.
At American law, and I believe it's the same for Canada, there are three standards of evidence. The classic "beyond a reasonable doubt" of guilt in criminal cases, the "preponderance of the evidence" rule in civil cases, and sometimes an enhanced preponderance standard called "clear and convincing evidence."

I express them numerically as 95% sure, 51% sure, and 75% sure.

There's good reason for it. In criminal cases, the standard exists to limit the power of the state to frame up and lock up anybody it damn well feels like. In civil cases, the parties are on a relatively equal footing, and both have the opportunity to tell their stories. Most civil cases give an opportunity for the defendant to counter-claim, so the jury sorts out who's right and who's wrong.

That's the theory, anyhow.

Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
At American law, and I believe it's the same for Canada, there are three standards of evidence. The classic "beyond a reasonable doubt" of guilt in criminal cases, the "preponderance of the evidence" rule in civil cases, and sometimes an enhanced preponderance standard called "clear and convincing evidence."

I express them numerically as 95% sure, 51% sure, and 75% sure.

There's good reason for it. In criminal cases, the standard exists to limit the power of the state to frame up and lock up anybody it damn well feels like. In civil cases, the parties are on a relatively equal footing, and both have the opportunity to tell their stories. Most civil cases give an opportunity for the defendant to counter-claim, so the jury sorts out who's right and who's wrong.

That's the theory, anyhow.
Thanks. Still don’t get how someone declared innocent in court can still be sued in civil court. From my perspective one should just have to wave the Not Guilty paper to end any civil action. I can also see shortcomings in that as with OJ.
the other problem is that 100% sure is sometimes 100% wrong.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Thanks. Still don’t get how someone declared innocent in court can still be sued in civil court. From my perspective one should just have to wave the Not Guilty paper to end any civil action. I can also see shortcomings in that as with OJ.
the other problem is that 100% sure is sometimes 100% wrong.
Perhaps the best answer is the so-called Scottish Verdict: "Guilt Not Proven."

Look at it this way. In a criminal case, it's "Are you absolutely sure he did it?" If yes, guilty.

In a civil case it's more like "Think he did it? Yeah, probably." And he's liable.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Whoda guessed after the poor handling of the trial by prosecutors

Ghislaine Maxwell’s Attorneys Are Asking for a New Trial after Revelations of a Juror’s Comments about Sexual Abuse Were Uncovered​

By Joe Hoft
Published January 6, 2022 at 7:15am
119 Comments
1642348686444.jpeg
Here’s a different take on this goat rodeo:

One can certainly imagine Hillary Clinton advising Chelsea, then in her early twenties, not to permit her friends to accept any invitation to ride upon the Lolita Express, where dear old dad had flown with Epstein more than 25 times.

1642348791261.jpeg

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Were Prince Andrew and Ghislaine Maxwell friends with benefits?

Claims made in new documentary titled 'Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Pedophile'
Author of the article:
Brad Hunter
Publishing date:
Jan 18, 2022 • 21 hours ago • 2 minute read •
24 Comments
Jeffrey Epstein, from left, Ghislaine Maxwell and Prince Andrew are pictured in file photos.
Jeffrey Epstein, from left, Ghislaine Maxwell and Prince Andrew are pictured in file photos. Photo by File photos /Getty Images
Article content

A new documentary claims that disgraced Prince Andrew and convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell may have been friends with benefits.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

Friends and a former royal protection officer are now confirming the possibility in the latest entry in the Ghislaine Maxwell-Jeffrey Epstein cinematic canon.

“From the way she was allowed to enter and exit the palace at will, we realized — suspected — that she may have had an intimate relationship with Prince Andrew,” former security officer Paul Page said. “A colleague of mine remembered her coming in four times in one day. She kept coming in and out, in and out.”

The documentary titled ‘Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Pedophile’ was slated to air Tuesday on Britain’s ITV.

In December, Maxwell was convicted in New York of sex trafficking in connection to the insidious underage ring constructed by her twisted benefactor and Andrew’s buddy, Epstein.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

Andrew has his own woes as he faces a massive civil suit from one of Epstein’s former sex slaves, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who claims she was sexually assaulted by the prince on three different occasions when she was underage.
Prince Andrew, Virginia Roberts Giuffre and socialite Ghislaine Maxwell.
Prince Andrew, Virginia Roberts Giuffre and socialite Ghislaine Maxwell. Photo by VIRGINIA ROBERTS /FACEBOOK

Another Maxwell friend agreed that there was more going on between the ‘Puke of York’ and the fallen British socialite.

“I got the sense that Prince Andrew and Ghislaine had probably been girlfriend and boyfriend in the past,” Euan Rellie told the documentary. “They had an easy warmth around each other.”

Rellie said he became friends with Maxwell while studying at Cambridge University. He too was invited by Maxwell to a dinner party at Epstein’s lavish New York mansion “for my friend Prince Andrew.”
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

“She described Andrew as being her friend, not Jeffrey’s,” Rellie said.

Page also said that the prince was known for having between 50 and 60 stuffed teddy bears on his palace bed.

“If those bears weren’t put back in the right order by the maids, he would shout and scream and become very abusive,” Page said.
More On This Topic

Prince Andrew speaks to the media during Sunday service at the Royal Chapel of All Saints at Windsor Great Park, following the death of his father Prince Philip at age 99, April 11, 2021.
Prince Andrew 'would shout and scream' if teddy bear collection was moved
Accuser vows to 'destroy' Prince Andrew, leaving him 'penniless'
Sarah Ferguson - Famous
Prince Andrew's ex-wife Sarah Ferguson to retain royal title

Andrew has denied all wrongdoing but his mother, Queen Elizabeth, has voted with her pen and stripped him of all his titles, including his prized “His Royal Highness” tag.

Maxwell is slated to be sentenced in June. She faces a possibility of 60 years in prison. However, her lawyers have launched an appeal and the conduct of one of her jurors has thrown the verdict into question.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
ANDREW GAL PAL BOMBSHELL: Epstein and Clinton 'were like brothers'
Author of the article:
Brad Hunter
Publishing date:
Jan 19, 2022 • 13 hours ago • 2 minute read •
15 Comments
Buddy buddy. A British socialite says Jeffrey Epstein and former U.S. President Bill Clinton "were like brothers".
Buddy buddy. A British socialite says Jeffrey Epstein and former U.S. President Bill Clinton "were like brothers". Photo by HANDOUT /NETFLIX
Article content

The former girlfriend of Prince Andrew is claiming billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and former U.S. president Bill Clinton “were like brothers.”
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

Lady Victoria Hervey made the shocking claim in a documentary called Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Pedophile that aired Tuesday night on British TV and peels back more layers of the international sex trafficking puzzle.

Hervey, 44, said both men “loved” being around Andrew. She told filmmakers she first met the crew more than 20 years ago.

“Clinton was definitely very close to Jeffrey,” Hervey said. “I don’t know if you saw the paintings that were in Jeffrey Epstein’s house, one of them being a portrait of Bill Clinton wearing the dress that Monica Lewinsky wore when they had the affair.

“So yeah, he was super close to Jeffrey Epstein. They were like brothers, you know, and he was close to Ghislaine as well.”
To the Max. Lady Victoria Hervey and Ghislaine Maxwell. GETTY IMAGES
To the Max. Lady Victoria Hervey and Ghislaine Maxwell. GETTY IMAGES

Convicted sex trafficker Maxwell, 60, now facing down a potential 60-year sentence in the slammer, was even a guest at daughter Chelsea Clinton’s wedding in 2010.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

Bill Clinton and his representatives have denied he was ever close to Epstein, who died mysteriously in a Manhattan jail cell in 2019 while awaiting trial for sex trafficking.

The documentary is the latest salvo against Andrew’s tattered reputation. He faces a civil lawsuit in New York this fall that was filed by former Epstein sex slave Virginia Roberts. She claims the prince sexually assaulted her on three occasions when she was underage.

Andrew has denied any wrongdoing. Still, his title drew both Epstein and Clinton to the prince like moths to a flame.

“Prince Andrew was the son of the Queen of England. Americans love that. Jeffery loved that. Bill Clinton loved that,” Hervey said, alleging Maxwell was used as bait to entertain Epstein’s pal.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content
Buddy, buddy. Andrew stuck by convicted child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, right.
Buddy, buddy. Andrew stuck by convicted child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, right. Photo by SCREENSHOT /NEW YORK POST

“(Epstein) sat back and waited for her to go fishing and find however many girls were needed to entertain his friends,” Hervey said. “Jeffrey was really the frontman and Ghislaine was the accomplice.

“You know, it was kind of like a Batman and Robin and they were a double act. I don’t think Jeffrey could have done any of it without Ghislaine.”

She added: “You know, looking back at, you know I was really young and naive, and she’s entertaining these, you know, big businessmen. So I didn’t realize it of course at the time, but looking back…”
“Batman and Robin”. Jeffrey Epstein, from left, Ghislaine Maxwell and Prince Andrew are pictured in file photos.
“Batman and Robin”. Jeffrey Epstein, from left, Ghislaine Maxwell and Prince Andrew are pictured in file photos. Photo by File photos /Getty Images

On a British breakfast television program Wednesday, Hervey said she believed Maxwell was also a victim.

“She is a scapegoat right now, so unfortunately for her, she is being taken down for what he has done as well. Some might argue is not quite as fair as it could be,” Hervey told the Lorraine show.

“I mean, to be honest, I think Ghislaine was a victim and is a victim. She was a victim that then became the accomplice as her role changed in that relationship when they were no longer together. She kind of switched sides. I do see her as a victim as well.”

bhunter@postmedia.com

twitter.com/HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ghislaine Maxwell formally requests new trial over concerns about juror

Concerns have been raised that he did not disclose his abuse as a child during pretrial screening.

Author of the article:
Reuters
Reuters
Luc Cohen
Publishing date:
Jan 20, 2022 • 17 hours ago • 2 minute read •
7 Comments
An undated photo shows Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell. The photo was entered into evidence by the U.S. Attorney's Office on Dec. 7, 2021 during the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, the Jeffrey Epstein associate accused of sex trafficking, in New York City.
An undated photo shows Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell. The photo was entered into evidence by the U.S. Attorney's Office on Dec. 7, 2021 during the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell, the Jeffrey Epstein associate accused of sex trafficking, in New York City. Photo by HANDOUT /VIA REUTERS
Article content

NEW YORK — Ghislaine Maxwell’s lawyers late on Wednesday formally asked for a new trial after the British socialite’s lawyers raised concern about a juror’s possible failure to disclose before the trial that he was sexually abused as a child.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

Maxwell, 60, was convicted on Dec. 29 on five counts of sex trafficking and other crimes for recruiting and grooming teenage girls to have sexual encounters with the late financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Maxwell faces up to 65 years in prison.

“Today, counsel for Ghislaine Maxwell filed her motion for a new trial,” her defense lawyer, Bobbi C. Sternheim, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Alison J. Nathan.

In the letter, Sternheim asked that all submissions pertaining to “Juror No. 50” remain under seal until the court rules on the motion.

Maxwell’s lawyers said this month there were “incontrovertible grounds” for a new trial after a juror, who asked to be identified by his first and middle names, Scotty David, told Reuters and other news media that he described being abused as a child during jury deliberations.
Advertisement
Story continues below
Article content

The next day Maxwell’s lawyer wrote to the judge seeking a new trial and New York attorney Todd Spodek filed an appearance in Maxwell’s case on behalf of Juror No. 50. Spodek did not respond to a request for comment and has not disclosed his client’s name in the Maxwell case.

Concerns have been raised that Scotty David did not disclose his abuse during pretrial screening.

Prospective jurors were asked in a questionnaire whether they had ever been a victim of sexual abuse. Scotty David told Reuters he did not remember the question, but that he would have answered honestly.

Prosecutors, who have requested that U.S. District Judge Alison Nathan conduct an inquiry into the juror’s statements, will have until Feb. 2 to respond to Maxwell’s motion.

Legal experts told Reuters that Maxwell would not be guaranteed a new trial even if the juror did not disclose his abuse on the questionnaire, noting that cases of juror dishonesty that led to verdicts being overturned generally involved jurors who deliberately lied in order to be selected.

Nathan last week scheduled Maxwell’s sentencing hearing for June 28.

Epstein killed himself in 2019 at the age of 66 in a Manhattan jail cell while awaiting trial on sex abuse charges.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Andrew facing 'uncomfortable' two-day deposition
Author of the article:Bang Showbiz
Bang Showbiz
Publishing date:Jan 30, 2022 • 19 hours ago • 2 minute read • 6 Comments
An undated handout photo taken at an undisclosed location and released on Aug. 9, 2021 by the United States District Couty for the Southern District of New York shows (left to right) Prince Andrew, Virginia Giuffre, and Ghislaine Maxwell posing for a photo.
An undated handout photo taken at an undisclosed location and released on Aug. 9, 2021 by the United States District Couty for the Southern District of New York shows (left to right) Prince Andrew, Virginia Giuffre, and Ghislaine Maxwell posing for a photo. PHOTO BY HANDOUT/U.S. DISTRICT COURT - SOUTHERN DISTRICT /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Prince Andrew faces being questioned for up to two days by Virginia Giuffre’s legal team.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Giuffre – who was formerly known as Virginia Roberts – has accused convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein – who took his own life in August 2019 – and his one-time girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell of arranging and forcing her into having sex with the Duke of York in 2001 and as part of the civil case, the 61-year-old prince will sit for a deposition in London before the July 14 deadline set by the judge.

Her attorney, David Boies suggested the questioning under oath would be “a little uncomfortable” for Andrew, who has insisted he did nothing wrong.

Asked what he is expecting from the meeting – which he said will likely last “a day, or probably two” – David told the Daily Telegraph newspaper: “Somebody who is going to be a little uncomfortable.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“But I’m going to try to get him to understand that this is not going to be combative. Obviously, I’m going to ask him a lot of questions. And although some of the questions may be uncomfortable, I’m not going to be aggressive or in any way offensive to him. I’m going to be very respectful.”

Should the case ultimately go to trial, the 80-year-old lawyer “doesn’t think we would need” either Andrew’s ex-wife and close confidante Sarah Ferguson, or their daughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to testify.

He added: “I don’t think Prince Andrew will call them either.”

And although conversations Andrew has had with his mother Queen Elizabeth “could be used” as evidence, David admitted it is unlikely.

He explained: “It’s hard to get at those, because he’s probably not going to admit to them, and we’re not going to depose her. So while those conversations are fair game, on a practical level we’re probably not going to get at them.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The prince has insisted he has no recollection of ever meeting Virginia and last week said he “lacks sufficient information to admit or deny” whether a photo of him with his arm around her waist Exists.”

And David admitted his client will not want to settle the case if Andrew continues his denial – unless an offered sum of money was large enough to be “a vindication.”

He said: “We would be unlikely to settle in a situation in which somebody just handed over a cheque. So if Prince Andrew maintains, ‘I’ve never heard of this person’, ‘I don’t know who she is’, ‘The photographs are fake’, then I don’t think we would settle on that basis.

“That said, if you had a settlement that was large enough to be, in effect, a vindication, then it’s something we would obviously look at.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ghislaine Maxwell says outspoken juror ‘corrupted’ her sex-abuse trial
Legal experts have said the convicted Maxwell has a strong argument for a new trial

Author of the article:Bloomberg News
Bloomberg News
Patricia Hurtado
Publishing date:Feb 02, 2022 • 16 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Jeffrey Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell sits as the guilty verdict in her sex abuse trial is read in a courtroom sketch in New York City, Dec. 29, 2021.
Jeffrey Epstein associate Ghislaine Maxwell sits as the guilty verdict in her sex abuse trial is read in a courtroom sketch in New York City, Dec. 29, 2021. PHOTO BY JANE ROSENBERG /REUTERS
Article content
Ghislaine Maxwell said a juror’s post-verdict disclosure of childhood sexual abuse denied her a fair trial and suggested that he might try to destroy evidence of his bias against her.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The British socialite raised the possibility in a filing on Tuesday arguing that the inquiry into the juror’s conduct remain secret. Several media organizations have urged U.S. District Court Alison Nathan to unseal the proceedings.

Christian Everdell, a lawyer for Maxwell, said in a letter to Nathan that making her filings public would “provide a roadmap” for the juror to “paint himself and his conduct in the best light possible.” In addition to possibly destroying evidence, the juror might also try to contact other witnesses, Everdell said.

Maxwell, who was convicted on Dec. 29 of enticing, grooming and sexually abusing underage girls with her former boyfriend Jeffrey Epstein, requested a new trial soon after the juror, identified as Scotty David, his first and middle names, told several media outlets that he raised his past sexual abuse to sway other jurors to convict.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Though prospective jurors were asked whether they had been victims of sexual abuse, Scotty David told Reuters that he “flew through” the jury questionnaire. He said he didn’t remember such a question but would have answered honestly if asked.

In Tuesday’s letter, Everdell said there was already enough evidence to throw out Maxwell’s conviction on the grounds that Scotty David “violated” her right to an impartial jury. His “responses to the jury questionnaire and questions posed to him during in-person voir dire corrupted the voir dire process and violated Ms. Maxwell’s right to a fair trial,” the lawyer said.

Everdell also argued Scotty David should not be allowed to see his pretrial questionnaire, which the juror’s lawyer has requested.

A number of legal experts have said Maxwell, 60, has a strong argument for a new trial based on the possibility that Scotty David hid his past abuse in order to get on the jury.

Maxwell’s sex-trafficking conviction was hailed as long-delayed justice for victims of Epstein, who was arrested in July 2019 but was later found dead in a federal lockup in Manhattan. His death was later ruled a suicide.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Andrew to give evidence under oath in March
Author of the article:Bang Showbiz
Bang Showbiz
Publishing date:Feb 05, 2022 • 16 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Prince Andrew.
Prince Andrew. Bang Showbiz
Article content
Prince Andrew will give evidence under oath in March.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The 61-year-old royal will give evidence in London as part of the civil sexual assault case brought against him by Virginia Giuffre, who is suing him in the U.S.

The date for a deposition has been set for March 10 in the U.K. capital, which has been described as a neutral location.

Giuffre – who was formerly known as Virginia Roberts – has accused convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein – who committed suicide in August 2019 – and his one-time girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell of arranging and forcing her into having sex with Andrew in 2001.

The prince – who is the third child of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip – has denied all of the allegations and his lawyers have confirmed he’s ready to fight the case in court.

The prince – who is not facing any legal action in the U.K. – previously requested a trial by jury.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
In January, his legal team filed an 11-page document with the court that set out his response to the allegations.

In the document – which was submitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York – Andrew’s legal team detailed a series of defences “without assuming the burden of proof, and expressly denying any and all wrongdoing.”

The document added: “Prince Andrew hereby demands a trial by jury on all causes of action asserted in the Complaint.”

The legal team also previously argued to get the lawsuit dismissed, citing a 2009 deal and $500,000 settlement she agreed with Epstein.

However, a judge in New York ruled in January that the case could continue.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The legal team also previously argued to get the lawsuit dismissed, citing a 2009 deal and $500,000 settlement she agreed with Epstein.

Giuffre – who was formerly known as Virginia Roberts – has accused convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein – who committed “suicide” in August 2019 – and his one-time girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell of arranging and forcing her into having sex with Andrew in 2001.

Randy Andy pretty much has to pick a lane here, doesn’t he?? Either he’s on the outside claiming innocence (?) or he’s not and claims to hide behind this Epstein payout deal from 2009 by the guy who was suicided.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Giuffre – who was formerly known as Virginia Roberts – has accused convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein – who committed “suicide” in August 2019 – and his one-time girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell of arranging and forcing her into having sex with Andrew in 2001.

Randy Andy pretty much has to pick a lane here, doesn’t he?? Either he’s on the outside claiming innocence (?) or he’s not and claims to hide behind this Epstein payout deal from 2009 by the guy who was suicided.
Nope, not in a civil case. You present every defense in the world, even if they're directly contradictory. We explain this with the hypothetical "Case of the Cracked Pot." Plaintiff claims she lent defendant a pot, and when defendant returned it, it was cracked. P wants damages.

D presents three defenses"

1. He never borrowed the pot.
2. He borrowed the pot, but it was cracked when he borrowed it.
3. He borrowed the pot, but it was whole when he returned it.

To prevail, P must defeat each of these defenses. The fact that they are mutually exclusive makes no difference. D need not prove his case, only stop P from proving hers.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nope, not in a civil case. You present every defense in the world, even if they're directly contradictory. We explain this with the hypothetical "Case of the Cracked Pot." Plaintiff claims she lent defendant a pot, and when defendant returned it, it was cracked. P wants damages.

D presents three defenses"

1. He never borrowed the pot.
2. He borrowed the pot, but it was cracked when he borrowed it.
3. He borrowed the pot, but it was whole when he returned it.

To prevail, P must defeat each of these defenses. The fact that they are mutually exclusive makes no difference. D need not prove his case, only stop P from proving hers.
Thank you. I guess there’s a huge difference between the court, & The court of public opinion.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Thank you. I guess there’s a huge difference between the court, & The court of public opinion.
Yep, you're thinking "OK, he'll tell his story, she'll tell hers, and we'll decide which one sounds more like to be true." Nope, there's a process and the burden of proof. Ancient faux-Chinese wisdom "The attacker must conquer. The defender must merely survive." --Master Pao, Kung Fu.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Andrew's legal team to paint sex accuser on par with Maxwell, Epstein
Giuffre's lawyer said none of this is new and his client long ago came clean on her role

Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Publishing date:Feb 07, 2022 • 16 hours ago • 3 minute read • 8 Comments
Virginia Roberts Giuffre
Virginia Roberts Giuffre PHOTO BY HANDOUT /US DEPT. OF JUSTICE
Article content
Prince Andrew’s legal team are diving headlong into the mud and planning to paint his accuser, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, of being on par with twisted Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
According to reports in the British media, the disgraced royal’s legal eagles are now seeking testimony from an Epstein victim who will claim Giuffre recruited her when she was 14 years old and trained her in the art of sexual massage.

His team will argue that Giuffre doesn’t deserve damages because she was complicit in the Maxwell-Epstein sex-trafficking scheme. But the “unclean hands” gambit could backfire, legal experts warn.

Giuffre is suing the 62-year-old Duke of York in civil court in New York, claiming he had sex with her three times when she was underage.

The witness — Carolyn Andriano — has also already corroborated Giuffre’s accusations that she had sex with Andrew at Maxwell’s posh London home. No doubt, Giuffre’s lawyers will ask her about this if she takes the stand next fall.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Prince Andrew, Duke of York, attends the Sunday Service at the Royal Chapel of All Saints, Windsor, following the announcement on Friday April 9th of the death of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, at the age of 99, on April 11, 2021 in Windsor, England.
Prince Andrew, Duke of York, attends the Sunday Service at the Royal Chapel of All Saints, Windsor, following the announcement on Friday April 9th of the death of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, at the age of 99, on April 11, 2021 in Windsor, England. PHOTO BY STEVE PARSONS - WPA POOL /Getty Images
“It’s potentially a double-edged sword,” a source familiar with the duke’s strategy told The Times of London, adding that his lawyers were looking for more women allegedly recruited by Giuffre.

“We are interested in speaking with and interviewing anyone and everyone who has information relevant to these allegations,” the source added.

Giuffre has long maintained she was sex trafficked by billionaire pedophile Epstein — a close pal of the prince — and was forced to have sex with Andrew. He has denied any wrongdoing.

On March 10, Andrew is slated to meet with Giuffre’s lawyers in London and will apparently testify under oath.

“We agreed to voluntarily produce the duke for a deposition on March 10. Despite repeated requests, Ms. Giuffre still hasn’t committed to a date or location for her deposition,” a source said.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Prince Andrew, Virginia Roberts Giuffre and socialite Ghislaine Maxwell. PHOTO BY VIRGINIA ROBERTS /FACEBOOK
Andriano, 35, was one of four victims who testified at the sex-trafficking trial of Epstein second banana Maxwell. The former socialite was convicted and is awaiting sentencing, although she has launched an appeal.

But Andriano also had harsh words for Giuffre, waiving her right to anonymity.

“At 14 years old, I was big-breasted and I definitely could pass for 21 when I was made up,” she told the Daily Mail. “I did my own makeup, but Virginia gave me clothes. She gave me these really tight, skimpy shorts with a spaghetti-strap top with all my cleavage hanging out. She just said, ‘Whatever you do, don’t say your age.’ And I didn’t even ask why. I went along with it.”

She claimed that she and Giuffre gave creepy Epstein a nude massage and then Giuffre had sex with him.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Ghislaine Maxwell rubs Jeffrey Epstein’s feet on the plane dubbed the ‘Lolita Express.’
Ghislaine Maxwell rubs Jeffrey Epstein’s feet on the plane dubbed the ‘Lolita Express.’ PHOTO BY HANDOUT /U.S. DEPT OF JUSTICE
“I didn’t know what to do or say, or where to go, so I sat on the couch and watched until it was finished. We walked back downstairs and Maxwell asked, ‘How did everything go?'” Andriano said,

“Virginia gave her a look to say it was a great session and that’s when Maxwell asked me for my telephone number.”

She added: “I don’t think Virginia deserves anything less than what Maxwell is getting because she trafficked me into a world of spiralling downward slopes and it has taken my husband, John, 12 long years to get me to love myself again.”

But Giuffre’s famed lawyer, David Boies, said none of this is new and that his client long ago came clean on her role.

“But that fact doesn’t have anything to do with the truth of her allegations (against Prince Andrew),” Boies said.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun
1644308929704.png

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
HUNTER: Making deal was only way out of sex suit for 'Puke of York'
There will be no reputation rehabilitation from this for the Queen's second son, only disdain.

Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Publishing date:Feb 15, 2022 • 17 hours ago • 3 minute read • 21 Comments
Giving the monarchy a bad name. Prince Andrew, Duke of York, visits the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital to open the new Stanmore Building, in London on March 21, 2019.
Giving the monarchy a bad name. Prince Andrew, Duke of York, visits the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital to open the new Stanmore Building, in London on March 21, 2019. PHOTO BY DAVID MIRZOEFF /Pool via REUTERS
Article content
It was always going to end like this for Prince Andrew.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Never mind the sweat and swagger, the ‘who me?’ protestations and the fancy title, the Puke of York was simply out of cards to play. And probably money, too.

The finale was as clear as the unmasking of the villain in a 1970s cop show. The killer was obvious before the first commercial break.

And on Tuesday morning it came: Prince Andrew had reached an out-of-court settlement with Virginia Roberts Giuffre in her lawsuit against him that claimed he had sex with her three times when she was 17 and underage.

Two people were the common threads between a member of the Royal Family and a poor Florida kid from the wrong side of tracks. Of course, they were billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and his sex-trafficking muse, British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Virginia Roberts Giuffre
Virginia Roberts Giuffre PHOTO BY HANDOUT /US DEPT. OF JUSTICE
It was that terrible twosome who Giuffre says instructed her to have sex with the prince, who continues to deny any wrongdoing.

But Andrew is in disgrace, unlikely to rebound in any meaningful way. He has been stripped of duties and titles and his mother the Queen even binned his prized HRH title.

In a joint statement that has the potency of Pablum, the two sides said the settlement involved an undisclosed sum and a promise from Andrew to make a big donation to Giuffre’s charity supporting victims’ rights.

“Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms. Giuffre’s character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks,” the filing said.

The fun couple. Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein. US DEPT. OF JUSTICE
The fun couple. Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein. US DEPT. OF JUSTICE
Indeed.

In the months leading up to the deal, Prince Andrew’s lawyers struck quite a different, much more defiant pose. Giuffre was a liar, a sex trafficker herself, a gold-digger, Andrew had never even met her (“For God’s sake!”), the famous photo of the two with a vulture-like Ghislaine Maxwell was doctored. And besides, isn’t Andrew covered by the nifty deal his pal Epstein signed in Florida?

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
And on and on it went.

But each time the prince or his mouthpieces opined or leaked something to the voracious British tabloids, it inevitably exploded in Andrew’s face. He had cast himself as the wrongly accused hero in this battle but no one was believing it.

Not even his own mother.

Queen Elizabeth visits the Edinburgh Climate Change Institute at the University of Edinburgh, as part of her traditional trip to Scotland for Holyrood Week, on July 1, 2021.
Queen Elizabeth visits the Edinburgh Climate Change Institute at the University of Edinburgh, as part of her traditional trip to Scotland for Holyrood Week, on July 1, 2021. PHOTO BY POOL /REUTERS
The Queen has certainly told him since he first jammed a silver spoon into his mouth that you are judged by the company you keep. Epstein and Maxwell were very slimy pals indeed.

Yet the randy royal never backed off, never had a second thought about cavorting with two individuals who were twisted common criminals, just like Earle doing life in a Mississippi slammer for some unnatural act or another.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

An undated handout photo taken at an undisclosed location and released on Aug. 9, 2021 by the United States District Couty for the Southern District of New York shows (left to right) Prince Andrew, Virginia Giuffre, and Ghislaine Maxwell posing for a photo.
Prince Andrew reaches settlement with sex abuse accuser Virginia Giuffre
Prince Andrew, Virginia Roberts Giuffre and socialite Ghislaine Maxwell in a photo Giuffre says was taken in March 2001.
Original photo of Prince Andrew, his accuser and Ghislaine Maxwell reportedly has vanished

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
In the infamous BBC interview with the prince in November 2019, he didn’t get that maybe, just maybe, having a sex-trafficking pedophile for a pal wasn’t such a good idea.

Now comes this: “It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years. Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein, and commends the bravery of Ms. Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others.”

Andrew will live out his life in quasi-exile, a velvet coffin. A disgrace to all but those closest to him.

There is no reputation rehabilitation from this, only disdain.

The prince has discovered far too late that the old Oscar Wilde maxim is true: “No man is rich enough to buy back his past.”

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Andrew pressured by Royals to pay sex abuse accuser $12.9M: Report
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Feb 15, 2022 • 14 hours ago • 2 minute read • 43 Comments
An undated handout photo taken at an undisclosed location and released on Aug. 9, 2021 by the United States District Couty for the Southern District of New York shows (left to right) Prince Andrew, Virginia Giuffre, and Ghislaine Maxwell posing for a photo. PHOTO BY HANDOUT/U.S. DISTRICT COURT - SOUTHERN DISTRICT /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
NEW YORK — Prince Andrew has settled a lawsuit by Virginia Roberts Giuffre accusing the Duke of York of sexually abusing her when she was a teenager and also being abused by the late financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The settlement reportedly worth a reported $12.9 million was revealed in a joint filing in Manhattan federal court, where Giuffre had sued Queen Elizabeth’s second son last August.

British media is reporting that Andrew was forced to settle by a “fed up” Prince Charles.

“I’m sure that Charles has had enough of the situation. Charles would have said to Andrew that he needed to get this sorted out as soon as possible and before the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations begin. Charles did not want this hanging over the Royal Family this year,” a Royal insider told the Daily Mail.

A former Royal protection officer told The UK Sun Andrew’s sudden U-turn was likely ordered by his mother, Queen Elizabeth.

“This wasn’t his decision, this was the Queen’s,” said Paul Page, adding that the prince’s story was “full of holes” and the Duke “would have been slaughtered” in his deposition.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
It spares Andrew from a potentially embarrassing series of disclosures and accusations in the months leading up to and during a trial, which was slated to begin late this year.

Lawyers for Roberts and Andrew said the prince intends to make a substantial donation to her charity in support of victims’ rights.

The prince “never intended to malign Ms. Giuffre’s character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks,” the filing said.

“Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein, and commends the bravery of Ms. Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others,” the filing added. “He pledges to demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein by supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Andrew, 61, has denied accusations that he forced her to have sex in 2001 at the London home of Epstein’s “pimp” Ghislaine Maxwell, and abused her at two Epstein properties.

Giuffre, 38, has been one of Epstein’s and Maxwell’s most prominent accusers.

A spokeswoman for the prince said she had no comment beyond the court filing.

Epstein killed himself at age 66 in a Manhattan jail cell in August 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

Last month, the Royal Family removed Andrew’s military links and military patronages, and said he would no longer be known as “His Royal Highness.”

The prince’s lawyers previously called Giuffre’s lawsuit “baseless” and accused her of seeking a payday.