Now We Are Children of God

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure." (1 John 3:1-3 NIV)

What is the purity of Christ? How do we purify ourselves?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The cross was the purification for Jesus. The grave is also the purification for all that have died and all who will die until the last person does on the day of the return and the resurrection of the purified ones.

Some Gentiles will have repented their sins prior to the 7th trump sounding and they will remain standing while un-repented people drop dead all around them. They would be in the same (mental) state Jesus was in when he entered the wilderness after the baptism in the River Jordan. The glorification that Jesus went through on the day of His resurrection was followed by 40 days back on earth and in that time He was with the ones He baptized with that same spirit and they went through the 40 days He already experienced. When they are resurrected they will be led to the River Jordan as it looks in Eze:47 and that is where their glorification takes place.
The Gentiles that have survived the 7 vials will walk to Jerusalem so they enter from the east and the river is the first thing that greets them so when they step onto holy ground they will have already been glorified the same way the whole House of Israel will have been in the previous 40 days. The 40 days it takes for any gentiles to get there is the same experience Jesus went through and the Disciples went through after His resurrection. They will get the glorified body they previewed on the same day he returns. The first Gentiles experience that 40 days later and that is a small remnant just like the Disciples were a small remnant of what will be the whole House of Israel, the last Gentiles to be included are the ones that appear at the Great White Throne and are glorified when God gives them a drink of water when Re:21 continues where Re:20 left off.

Jer:25:29-33:
For,
lo,
I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name,
and should ye be utterly unpunished?
Ye shall not be unpunished:
for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth,
saith the LORD of hosts.
Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words,
and say unto them,
The LORD shall roar from on high,
and utter his voice from his holy habitation;
he shall mightily roar upon his habitation;
he shall give a shout,
as they that tread the grapes,
against all the inhabitants of the earth.
A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth;
for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations,
he will plead with all flesh;
he will give them that are wicked to the sword,
saith the LORD.
Thus saith the LORD of hosts,
Behold,
evil shall go forth from nation to nation,
and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth:
they shall not be lamented,
neither gathered,
nor buried;
they shall be dung upon the ground.

Zec:13:8:
And it shall come to pass,
that in all the land,
saith the LORD,
two parts therein shall be cut off and die;
but the third shall be left therein.
Zec:13:9:
And I will bring the third part through the fire,
and will refine them as silver is refined,
and will try them as gold is tried:
they shall call on my name,
and I will hear them:
I will say,
It is my people:
and they shall say,
The LORD is my God.

Zec:14:16:
And it shall come to pass,
that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King,
the LORD of hosts,
and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Re:10:7:
But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel,
when he shall begin to sound,
the mystery of God should be finished,
as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Re:15:2-4:
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire:
and them that had gotten the victory over the beast,
and over his image,
and over his mark,
and over the number of his name,
stand on the sea of glass,
having the harps of God.
And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God,
and the song of the Lamb,
saying,
Great and marvellous are thy works,
Lord God Almighty;
just and true are thy ways,
thou King of saints.
Who shall not fear thee,
O Lord,
and glorify thy name?
for thou only art holy:
for all nations shall come and worship before thee;
for thy judgments are made manifest.

Re:2:22:
Behold,
I will cast her into a bed,
and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation,
except they repent of their deeds.

Re:7:9-17:
After this I beheld,
and,
lo,
a great multitude,
which no man could number,
of all nations,
and kindreds,
and people,
and tongues,
stood before the throne,
and before the Lamb,
clothed with white robes,
and palms in their hands;
And cried with a loud voice,
saying,
Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne,
and unto the Lamb.
And all the angels stood round about the throne,
and about the elders and the four beasts,
and fell before the throne on their faces,
and worshipped God,
Saying,
Amen:
Blessing,
and glory,
and wisdom,
and thanksgiving,
and honour,
and power,
and might,
be unto our God for ever and ever.
Amen.
And one of the elders answered,
saying unto me,
What are these which are arrayed in white robes?
and whence came they?
And I said unto him,
Sir,
thou knowest.
And he said to me,
These are they which came out of great tribulation,
and have washed their robes,
and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Therefore are they before the throne of God,
and serve him day and night in his temple:
and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
They shall hunger no more,
neither thirst any more;
neither shall the sun light on them,
nor any heat.
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them,
and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters:
and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

The next sound you hear is 'splat'. The ones driving the bus with the headlights on (but not really) have no respect for the lives of Children or Bamblies.

The ones that laugh at the calamity of others are borderline, the ones that set up the calamities are evil people. Does that need to be repeated??

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The next sound you hear is 'splat'. The ones driving the bus with the headlights on (but not really) have no respect for the lives of Children or Bamblies.

The ones that laugh at the calamity of others are borderline, the ones that set up the calamities are evil people. Does that need to be repeated??
If all you see is evil in people, then it is you who need help. The Creator is present in all its creation. If you don't see it, it is your problem.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure." (1 John 3:1-3 NIV)

The purity of Christ:
"For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect." (1 Peter 1:18-19 NIV)

Purifying self:
"Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." (John 17:17 NIV)
"Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth ..." (1 Peter 1:22 NIV)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Who cares and why bother?

The cross was the purification for Jesus. ?

Good cut and paste job!

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015

We are not Children of God and He is not our father.
God is the Creator: we are only His created servants, and He is our Lord and Master: not our father.
We are only part of His creation.

{5: 18. Jews and Christians say: "We are the sons of God and His beloved ones." a

Say [Mohammed, to them]: "Why then does He punish you b according to your sins?

Not so, you are only mortals: [some] of those whom He has created c:

He forgives to whom d He pleases and chastises whom e He pleases.

God's is the ownership of the heavens and the earth f and all g that is between them, and the final resorting will be to Him [following your death.] h}

18 a i.e. they are so close to God as is the son to his father, because God loves them according to their claim.
18 b In the life of the World by the hand of your enemies, and in the Next Life by Fire to anyone of you disbelieves, as is it in your Book … if God truly loves you apart from other people.
18 c With no difference between you and them.
18 d i.e. who repents and who deserves the forgiveness.
18 e i.e. who deserves the punishment.
18 f i.e. the ownership of the planets including the earth.
18 g The moons, meteorites, meteors, comets and thunderbolts... by which He destroys, in one minute, whomever He wants to destroy.
18 h It means: your souls will go to him and then He will deal with you according to your acts.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My sentiments exactly, it strikes me as all mythology and BS. It's not about what's true, it's about power and control via threats and intimidation.
Personally I don't care what deity people believe in.......or don't.... religion is personal!
I never try to push my beliefs on anyone, especially in public forums where nobody gives a shit what you believe in.
A couple of people here remind me of "Rethreads" (That's what I call Reborns or born again Christians)....usually reformed drunks or dopers who have found "the light" and proselytize every chance you give them....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Personally I don't care what deity people believe in.......or don't.... religion is personal!
I never try to push my beliefs on anyone, especially in public forums where nobody gives a shit what you believe in.
A couple of people here remind me of "Rethreads" (That's what I call Reborns or born again Christians)....usually reformed drunks or dopers who have found "the light" and proselytize every chance you give them....

Absolutely - as D.S. alluded to, just a bunch of controllers!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If all you see is evil in people, then it is you who need help. The Creator is present in all its creation. If you don't see it, it is your problem.
My opinion included 3 beings, 2 were about to be killed by the 3rd one. If the 3rd one is not an evil person then why is the child out in the dark alone and where is Bambi's mother that a child should be her only protection when the child cannot keep himself out of danger. Being the deep thinker that you are I'm sure all of that was considered before you thought up your reply.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Good cut and paste job!
It isn't done with the intention of introducing a stumbling block to anyone but at the same time I don't think this crowd is aware of what God had said on the subject at hand so think of it as introducing the text of what he would say should He be a part of the ones contributing opinions to the thread.
For someone who is saying that religion is used as a controlling device you sure seem to think you have the right to control what others are posting in order to explain their opinion on the 'matter'. Jesus threw out the money-changers two times in 3 years, the same type of group is controlling all of religion if knowledge about God cost you anything in terms of Caesar's things. What you get today is a business venture pretending it's face has the goodwill of mankind at heart and just because the exact opposite happens it is promoted that 'the other side' is very strong or some other lie that assures nothing ever changes.

There is a difference between 'scape-goat' and 'the buck stops here' guy, the way to tell the difference is to see which version fits the text in the book and which doesn't. Since it is generally agreed that only one version of the book is accurate as far as duplicating the old text the it is only a matter of accepting or rejection the thought that the God of the Bible would be able to keep the text accurate if it was at all important. Apparently it is so why not take the time to read what His opinion is??
Scape-goat would mean that if religion did get cleaned up that the world would be just as corrupt as it is with religion playing as important a role as it is claimed they have in a global society. Second on the list would be commerce of any kind as the goal seems to be to collect as much as possible while hindering the ability of other to acquire large amounts for themselves. Third on the list would be corruption in Politics so it isn't like religion is the only entity to run off the rails where the benefits only seem to help a few at the very top rather than filtering down to the least important people to society. Unimportant until an event that requires 'many hands; comes along and then they are more important to society than any king or ceo.

If the message about the book isn't promoted as universal salvation then it is being used as a control device. You arguing against that concept puts you in the group that wants that control to stay in place by promoting that the corrupt church is doing what the text of the book says they should be doing so the book is also corrupt and should not be read. When the book says the opposite to what is being promoted about what it says I would think the person who gave you that advice might have been what an evil person would do.

(other than it affirms that being gathered back to God is a shared destiny for all people no matter what kind of shit they cause in this life and your ability to influence how that comes about is very limited when your life is viewed against the background called 'all of humanity')

The book is only so big and with a e-bible available there is no excuse not to read the text for yourself rather than relying on the opinions of men to forge your view of who God is and what the message is.

You want it narrowed down??
Dear reader;
Sorry for 'the inconvenience' that is about to happen to you but the end is better than the parts just before that end even starts let alone until it is over.
Later,
God.

The Bible's version goes like this, which one delivers the same message better?? You need the Bible's version before you can even have a Christian version.

Isa:42:9:
Behold,
the former things are come to pass,
and new things do I declare:
before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Jer:4:28:
For this shall the earth mourn,
and the heavens above be black:
because I have spoken it,
I have purposed it,
and will not repent,
neither will I turn back from it.

Being a large book it is my opinion that promotes that Has much to say about what will happen and who it will affect. It shouldn't take centuries to discover that message. Their next best move is to say they found some \new information' that allows them to promote another version as being 'the correct one'. It is the equal of the 'western intelligence community' and their score of how many thing they got right compared to the ones they got wrong.
After so many wrongs the term 'intelligent' no longer applies and it is all just 'PR'.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
My sentiments exactly, it strikes me as all mythology and BS. It's not about what's true,
Too bad being right isn't based on how many agree on a particular point. Unlucky for you and lucky for me or I wouldn't be able to promote there is a version that remains almost completely unexplored because of that same flaw people have. If you can find someone who agrees with you them you must be right as both of you would have to be 'stupid' then and that is something the ego will not allow to be an option. The cure is to listen to as many versions as you can and go with the one that rings true at the moment. Not everybody is in a position to do that.
As a 'literalist' the 'myth' part obviously caught my eye as being something I would be able to 'challenge' even if I also promote that there is not one shred of physical proof that the God of the Bible exists as portrayed in the text of the book. (rather than the opinions of others as to what the various passages mean) That being said the book would seem to be the exception to the rule as it claims in many places to be be the 'words of God' written down by 'believers whether they wanted to be or not')
The short summation is that the ones in charge of the earth at first were the very smartest, the ones who have been on the earth the longest and know the one who created 'the universe by design' are the next ones in power on this earth and then mankind came to power in 4,000BC. The year of the flood would have been the change in who gave the commands that others followed. Prior it was giants who gave the orders and people followed them. The 3 wives of Noah's sons were women who had 6 fingers so they were giants and their word would have been what the sons listened to, after the flood it was the male who was husband and father that became the authority. Noah grew some grapes and got drunk, need I say more?

Even Judaism is promoting that the OT is a collection of stories that have morality stories attached (without ever saying what the moral actually is as in the exodus beginning) so it fits in better what our science promotes. Science is also heavily influenced by people of the Jewish faith so they are not an independent body and when push comes to shove they will publish what they are told to publish rather than 'the facts' having any bearing on what makes it into the 'official books'. Since the Bible is too complex to alter then you change the meaning of the stories so they reflect something other than what the Bible promotes.
Next to God the ones that Jude:1 references are the ones with the most power so that would include wisdom as well as strength. On earth that could only be found outside of the garden area defined in Ge:2 as angelic beings were not allowed in the garden until after the fall, they also were here for billions of years when Ge:1 is meshed with the science that is promoted today. Just as Christ was a witness to everything that God and the Holy Spirit created angels were witnesses to how the universe was also created and the part that God kept from them was the same qualities that Adam and Eve were given that made them capable of being perfect shepherds and perfect parents.
More was given to them so more was expected from them and that show up in the time of their judgment compared to the judgment people suffer. The chastisement in Hebrews:12 is the worst that any person will face (and none escape it) wile the lake of fire is the worst a angel will face. That is about equal to what Adam and Eve saw in their lifetime after the exile only death will never come to them as it came to Adam and Eve. In our time it would be like being the coyote after the road-runner, lots of inventive way that only end up in the person experiencing pain himself.

The series the vid below comes from is a global tour to artifacts from the ancient past. The monuments left behind are impossible to men today so it would have been even more impossible in the past, . . . . . yet the further you go back the more spectacular the works are, both in the megaliths and in the craftsmanship of 'delicate items'. That is what part 38 deals with so there are at least 37 other parts that are worth watching as they deal with megaliths alone. It they point to a pattern it is that the pyramids in Egypt are probably the last one built on earth and the time-line would circle back to China by going north and then east across Russia as far as the age of the pyramids being built. That would require having the elevations if they were built next to bodies of water or if water was at that elevation at some point in the past and there are several ways the past could have had civilization start at the mountain tops and go down the mountain as the waters receded (for some unknown reason) That is quite different from People settling by the seashore when it was 100M lower and they had to move uphill to get away from the rising water while the ones building the monuments had to follow a shoreline that dropped 3,000M over a period of about 200M years. Myths cannot create artifacts that we can hold in our hands today.

[youtube]3yS03x3j71Y&t=100s[/youtube]

it's about power and control via threats and intimidation.
Really?? The book says that (premature) death is the worst thing a person can be threatened with. Death is also defined as a sleep that seems to last as long as the blink of an eye and then you are back to being alive but in a world where no person ever things of committing a sin let alone committing one against another person he meets over eternity.

The wars fought over the last 100 years have been promoted as being Muslims against the Jews for the last 70 years and before that Germany seems to have had that role. A cold look at the fact of that time will show that behind the headlines that screamed un-warrented persecution the Jewish Banks were cleaning out the Gentiles of all their earned money once again. The money sent to the World Banks in the last 100 years should have been circulating in the Gentile nations instead so that is a robbery that is well into the $trillions when it is all said and done. Wealth is the driving factor behind wars and any other explanation is only an attempt to hide that if it is not also mentioned as it caused a lot more grief to people than a wayward church.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
One concept comes to mind. The sinners on the planet get to meet Christ before the believers will. I can't say I envy them at all really.

2Th:1:4-9:
So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God,
for which ye also suffer:
Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
And to you who are troubled rest with us,
when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God,
and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord,
and from the glory of his power;

One word comes to mind Motar. Compassion. No need in going further than that.
Decided to save Christ the trouble of making the decision have you??

M't:5:22:
But I say unto you,
That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment:
and whosoever shall say to his brother,
Raca,
shall be in danger of the council:
but whosoever shall say,
Thou fool,
shall be in danger of hell fire.

Going by your track record should she take your 'advice'?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
One word comes to mind Motar. Compassion. No need in going further than that.

Nice topic-maintenance, LL. I would agree that in this day compassion is a virtue.

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God ... (2 Timothy 3:1-4 NIV)