Now We Are Children of God

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If god created everything, then everything is a child of god. How could they not be? Did god create all this just so he could insist that everybody and everything would have to worship the ether he stands on? I don't think so. I think it is more like he created it for his own amusement.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Nice topic-maintenance, LL. I would agree that in this day compassion is a virtue.

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God ... (2 Timothy 3:1-4 NIV)
There is more.

2Tm:4:3:
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;
but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,
having itching ears;

If god created everything, then everything is a child of god. How could they not be? Did god create all this just so he could insist that everybody and everything would have to worship the ether he stands on? I don't think so. I think it is more like he created it for his own amusement.
He put all of the life this earth will see so there is a seed-bank of perfected people at the start of the perfected version of this earth. did you not get the memos??

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
There is more.

2Tm:4:3:
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;
but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers,
having itching ears;

Agree, MHz. There is more.

"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others." (Philippians 2:1-4 NIV)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
1Pe:4:12-17:
Beloved,
think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you,
as though some strange thing happened unto you:
But rejoice,
inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings;
that,
when his glory shall be revealed,
ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
If ye be reproached for the name of Christ,
happy are ye;
for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you:
on their part he is evil spoken of,
but on your part he is glorified.
But let none of you suffer as a murderer,
or as a thief,
or as an evildoer,
or as a busybody in other men's matters.
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian,
let him not be ashamed;
but let him glorify God on this behalf.
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God:
and if it first begin at us,
what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

So much for being raptured away so you aren't around for the 7 trumps that sound before the return and the wrath that comes with it. The 5th and 6th trumps are called woes for a reason but God is not the force behind the pain and deaths. God's wrath is the vials alone and many die in a few hours and then His wrath is over until Satan is released and it is time for all fallen angels to be sent to the fiery lake.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
think I'll skip being a child of god:

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
think I'll skip being a child of god:

"Then the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.'
'Does Job fear God for nothing?' Satan replied. 'Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.'
The Lord said to Satan, 'Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.'
Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord." (Job 1:8-12 NIV)

"In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing." (Job 1:22 NIV)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Not worried. Once I'm dead...I'm dead and will be aware of nothing.

It says so right in the bible.

The dead know nothing

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
The dead know a good burger!

Really, they do!

Death is a state of mind.

And no more mowing the lawn!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The dead know a good burger!

Really, they do!

Death is a state of mind.

And no more mowing the lawn!

I read some such of people trying to push that idea forward. Death is only a state of mind.

Certainly one that no matter how much positive energy you send out to the universe, its is not going to stop the decomposition from happening. No brain, no conciousness. No conciousness...no existance.

life is hard and scary. Not for the faint of heart.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
If you read the thoughts of the Buddha, his ideas about what comes after this aren't scary. Life goes on. The only thing I wish is that we could retain the memory of past lives. What a movie that would make!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
If you read the thoughts of the Buddha, his ideas about what comes after this aren't scary. Life goes on. The only thing I wish is that we could retain the memory of past lives. What a movie that would make!

This is why I'll have a physicist speak at my funeral

By: AARON FREEMAN:

You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy gets created in the universe, and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration, every Btu of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell your weeping father that amid energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.

And at one point you'd hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell him that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off like children, their ways forever changed by you. And as your widow rocks in the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let her know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are her eyes, that those photons created within her constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.

And the physicist will remind the congregation of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue the heat of our own lives.

And you'll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they'll be comforted to know your energy's still around. According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone; you're just less orderly. Amen.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
That last bit would disturb my mother. She was a neat freak. Being less orderly probably upset her for a while.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
This is why I'll have a physicist speak at my funeral

By: AARON FREEMAN:

You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy gets created in the universe, and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration, every Btu of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell your weeping father that amid energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.

And at one point you'd hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell him that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off like children, their ways forever changed by you. And as your widow rocks in the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let her know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are her eyes, that those photons created within her constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.

And the physicist will remind the congregation of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue the heat of our own lives.

And you'll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they'll be comforted to know your energy's still around. According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone; you're just less orderly. Amen.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce
:)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure." (1 John 3:1-3 NIV)

What is the purity of Christ? How do we purify ourselves?

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." (2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Sadly, most of us chose self-righteousness over righteousness.

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:21-24 NIV)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:21-24 NIV)
Sadly, most of us chose self-righteousness over righteousness.