N.D.P. drops bitch

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
you brought up MBLA and Macrame ****s not me.
Yeah, some folks say I'm crazy, but I ain't. I'm colourful.

Which is what the core issue is. Why?
Ain't my core issue. My core issue is freedom of speech, which is vis-a-vis the government, not private parties. Local squabbles in the client states don't exactly grip me.

That'd fall under the heading of talking about him, which I don't do. See prior post.

South Canada? Florida?
Florida's part of it. The whole less-desirable part of Canada. What the locals call the Yew-nighted States of Murka.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Let me speculate here for a moment based on some things I have heard and know there
is some validity to . A few years back the highway past her home was upgraded and they
messed up her driveway. A battle ensued between the government and her which for the
most part she won.
During the course of the dispute apparently, (allegedly she engaged in a discussion board)
Castanet. She spouted off about a number of the things and the two issues were highlighted
by the media.
One should not do this if they intend to run for politics or community higher profile. One should
not say things rashly when angry about something else. Lesson learned.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Let me speculate here for a moment based on some things I have heard and know there
is some validity to . A few years back the highway past her home was upgraded and they
messed up her driveway. A battle ensued between the government and her which for the
most part she won.
During the course of the dispute apparently, (allegedly she engaged in a discussion board)
Castanet. She spouted off about a number of the things and the two issues were highlighted
by the media.
One should not do this if they intend to run for politics or community higher profile. One should
not say things rashly when angry about something else. Lesson learned.

Absolutely the last thing we need for an M.L.A. is someone who goes off "half cocked" at the slightest provocation, I would also suspect that when the going gets tough, she looks out for # 1 first.

she was not jailed for her comments, or beaten with a club, or stoned in the square, she can say almost whatever she wants without being handcuffed and dragged into jail, I actually think the wests freedom
of speech is much more than most of us would want, but we accept that because it is 'free'.

If the NDP had not taken steps to oust her, the lash back to them would have been huge, they can't
do either without some criticism, I agree with their action.

Absolutely, the N.D.P. gets saddled with enough "bad actors" without deliberately recruiting more, Dix did the exactly the right thing, she just makes the whole Party look bad. Also the Okanagan has a substantial Indian population, so they don't need that mouth piece.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Absolutely, the N.D.P. gets saddled with enough "bad actors" without deliberately recruiting more, Dix did the exactly the right thing, she just makes the whole Party look bad.
Van Ryswyk had very little to nothing to do with that.

She may have been forwarding some mythology, but at least she was being honest about her true opinions.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I absolutely agree with free speech, but I also believe there's an onus to use it responsibly not to hurt innocent victims.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I absolutely agree with free speech, but I also believe there's an onus to use it responsibly not to hurt innocent victims.
I wasn't hurt by what she said.

I'd tell anyone that was, to get a grip and grow a skin.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Agreed. Although I'm not sure this woman actually hurt anyone. She does sound like an ***.
But then who hasn't worn that hat a time or two?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I wasn't hurt by what she said.

I'd tell anyone that was, to get a grip and grow a skin.

I hear you but not everyone has a thick hide like us! -:)

Agreed. Although I'm not sure this woman actually hurt anyone. She does sound like an ***.
But then who hasn't worn that hat a time or two?

I think the rationale behind the dismissal was the Party honchos felt uncomfortable, not knowing for what she's likely to go spouting off at the slightest provocation. I'm sure that what she's on record for saying, is nothing that would attract the First Nations' vote.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
People do spout off from time to time, but people should also be aware that when you do
there could be future consequences. That is if you are running for office. there was a
local poll showing a significant number of people agree with her, however at some point
the party, any of the parties have to take some kind of action if it flies in the face of what
that particular party stands for.
We see this from time to time, the Tories had Art Hanger who said some pretty silly things,
we had a few mouth pieces who sunk the Wild Rose Party as well. No party in an election
is going to find itself on record of something that could blow up in their face.
Take for example the burning of crosses as I speak statement by Ms Fry, a few years back.
She was an MP during a debate in the House, This is a case of a Party a mile ahead in the
polls and winning an election, no party wants to take a chance like that when you're winning.
AGAIN this problem is not the party, its the local constituency people who did not vet the
candidate prior to the nomination.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Who knew NDP were the only ones with a Code of Ethics that Reps sign on to and if they break are turfed. Is this new?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Who knew NDP were the only ones with a Code of Ethics that Reps sign on to and if they break are turfed. Is this new?
Everybody seems to be tripping over their own feet pointing fingers at the other guy to deflect their own party's hand in doing the same thing. It is rather a humourous circus to watch.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Everybody seems to be tripping over their own feet pointing fingers at the other guy to deflect their own party's hand in doing the same thing. It is rather a humourous circus to watch.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Van Ryswyk had very little to nothing to do with that.

She may have been forwarding some mythology, but at least she was being honest about her true opinions.

I think my opinion of the N.D.P. is similar to yours BUT we're in the campaigning mode 30 days prior to the election right now they are just another name striving to be the next gov't. to be determined by the electorate (and having an excellent chance of winning), so I think the propriety of what happened is not a party issue.

Adrian Dix is a government official.

Leader of the opposition.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Is this why she was forced out?

Everybody seems to be tripping over their own feet pointing fingers at the other guy to deflect their own party's hand in doing the same thing.
Can you post an example of my party doing this please.

It is rather a humourous circus to watch.
Probably nowhere near as humourous as the fact that you'll fail to meet my challenge.

Leader of the opposition.
A gov't official.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Is this why she was forced out?

Can you post an example of my party doing this please.

Probably nowhere near as humourous as the fact that you'll fail to meet my challenge.

A gov't official.
And what is your party? I thought you said you don't have a party affiliation. Or are you talking about a birthday party?