Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Kiddo, if you think that was me "freak(ing) out".......well, you are wayyyyy out there. :)

Secondly, your original post left one to believe that surveillance against right wing groups should be intensified..........which is kinda silly, as I believe that any known group spouting hatred, or inciting to violence is already being watched. And that is a good thing. My point was that I do not know where you expect to expand surveillance on right wing groups.

Perhaps the NDP needs some checking into.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
N.D.P. and G.O.P. are pretty much diametrically opposed!

True until Trump came along. Trump would fit in well with the Dippers. He hates free trade and couldn't care less how big a deficit he runs. We will see if the GOP supports that or not. If they are diametrically opposed, Trump's in for a rough ride

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
He merely liked Layton on Facebook. I don't know if he was an NDP member, and if he was, he certainly did not do this with the official support of his party.

That is about the extent of his linkage with Trump too but it didn't stop the loony left from claiming it is Trump's fault.

It's really deranged.

The guy needs medication.

You and cannuck both need medication.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
So, what other Facebook pages did he like? Our Sheila Gunn Reid tweeted out an archive of the pages Bissonette “liked” and there we find the separatist Parti Quebecois, the Federal NDP, and the late Federal NDP leader Jack Layton too. For someone who was supposedly far-right, there are an awful lot of left wing and left leaning pages to like.

And the CBC’s Neil MacDonald suggests even in his now edited story that Bissonette was “likely Christian based on his name” but why would he like the Facebook pages of noted atheists Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins?

The media may find it convenient to blame Trump and the far right, but I think we may find that it had more to do with the culture in Quebec which differs from the rest of Canada.

Media Party

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You and cannuck both need medication.

You're just upset because it's becoming clearer everyday that you support large portions of the Dipper platform. If it's any consolation, I'd be a little embarrassed as well. Fortunately though, as a fiscal conservative, I don't have much in common with them

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You're just upset because it's becoming clearer everyday that you support large portions of the Dipper platform. If it's any consolation, I'd be a little embarrassed as well. Fortunately though, as a fiscal conservative, I don't have much in common with them
You don't have much in common with anyone except the other kids that rode the short bus to school.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So, what other Facebook pages did he like? Our Sheila Gunn Reid tweeted out an archive of the pages Bissonette “liked” and there we find the separatist Parti Quebecois, the Federal NDP, and the late Federal NDP leader Jack Layton too. For someone who was supposedly far-right, there are an awful lot of left wing and left leaning pages to like.

And from what I've been reading about the NDP he found the correct group for his twisted thoughts. A group that most likely nurtured him and eventually influenced him to storm the mosque and kill.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I read that the shooter apparently yelled 'Allah Akbar' while firing his weapon...

This would lead me to think he was a whacko vigilante delivering payback for the recent Isis attacks. He's French and maybe the Paris attacks set him off. Who knows at this point?

Just throwin stuff out there.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I read that the shooter apparently yelled 'Allah Akbar' while firing his weapon...

This would lead me to think he was a whacko vigilante delivering payback for the recent Isis attacks. He's French and maybe the Paris attacks set him off. Who knows at this point?

Just throwin stuff out there.

What is the source of that information? Where did you read it or, more importantly, who reported it in the first place?

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Last night, shortly after the shooting, a witness who asked to remain anonymous told Radio-Canada that two masked individuals entered the mosque.
"It seemed to me that they had a Québécois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot, they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head.
"There were even kids. There was even a three-year-old who was with his father," the witness said.

(Probably not reliable. The witness said 'they' about the shooter(s).)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Last night, shortly after the shooting, a witness who asked to remain anonymous told Radio-Canada that two masked individuals entered the mosque.
"It seemed to me that they had a Québécois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot, they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head.
"There were even kids. There was even a three-year-old who was with his father," the witness said.

(Probably not reliable. The witness said 'they' about the shooter(s).)

Fausses nouvelles

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Lets see... NDP... Bissonette... shoots up a room full of praying Muslims.... that does not sound like something Jesus would do.

The sad thing is... the whole world saw... and it was Canada. Not the US... Not the EU... Canada.

Soul searching is needed, particularly in the NDP.

Ahhhhh..........I get it now. This could not have come at a better time for Trump supporters..eh, Eagle? They are probably all wiping their brows and heaving great sighs of relief that this happened not in America, as many thought it could, but in kind, caring, compassionate Canada. I can just imagine the mutters coming from the alt-right that it served us right.

I fail to see what is so sad about the whole world knowing............it is the age of instant messaging.

To baldly and without an ounce of factual evidence tie the killings to the New Democratic Party and any of their policies is duplicitous in the extreme. Bissonette was all over the map in support of political ideology.

And while hundreds of thousands of Canadians young and old came out to support the Canadian Muslim community following the vicious cowardly killings of 6 Canadian Muslim men - as I write this, a bunch of people who don't believe in free speech or are simply out to create havoc, are busily smashing windows, vandalizing buildings, burning stuff and, in spite of a lock-down and pleas to leave are continuing to demonstrate on Berkley campus.