Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
OH look!

3 people out of 10 now think the conservative party is good

That must mean being a right wing moron is normal.

The flip side is that means 60% are retarded.

I mean nobody actually thinks anyone is voting for the conservatives do they?

They are voting against the liberals.

That is the best the conservatives can hope for.

That is how Harper became PM.

No we vote conservative because we are tired of Huge taxes and irrersponsible spending.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Everyone knows that budgets balance themselves...with spin cycles.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Trudeau has accomplished nothing to date and with the cupboards being bare, he'll be hard pressed to buy many votes in the months prior to the election.

... And he still has lots of time to make more gaffes

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Trudeau has accomplished nothing to date and with the cupboards being bare, he'll be hard pressed to buy many votes in the months prior to the election.

... And he still has lots of time to make more gaffes

This is the big problem I think Trudeau has; he has shown Canadians that he has been grossly irresponsible with his reckless deficit spending. He outright lied when he ran on his campaign declaring he would run "a modest short-term deficit" of less than $10 billion for each of the first three years, then balance the budget by 2019. He broke his promise of a revenue neutral middle-class tax cut, he broke his promise about lowering the small business tax rate from 11% to 9%, he broke his promise to lower the debt to GDP ratio, he broke his promise to ensure a "revenue neutral" carbon tax.

With actual deficit spending averaging over 2 and a half times what he promised, and proposed deficits of $18.1 billion for 2018/19, $17.5 billion for 2019/20, and cumulative deficits totalling $72.8 billion over the government’s first mandate and no plans to balance, I find it hard to imagine how he's going to approach Canadians during the next election campaign promising them a whole bunch of new goodies without also giving some clue as to where this money is going to come from.

I think Canadians may have had enough of his lies and gross fiscal irresponsibility, and any attempt to buy votes by going further into debt will not likely sit well with anyone other than low information voters. Combine this with the pending cancellation of the Trans Mountain Pipeline and suspected tax payer bail-out of this project by his Government, and I don't think the winds of fortune are going to be in his favour.

I guess we'll see if Canadians are more interested about a prosperous future, or a shiny, sunny ways present.... financed to the nuts. I guess we'll see how intelligent Canadians really are.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
This is the big problem I think Trudeau has; he has shown Canadians that he has been grossly irresponsible with his reckless deficit spending. He outright lied when he ran on his campaign declaring he would run "a modest short-term deficit" of less than $10 billion for each of the first three years, then balance the budget by 2019. He broke his promise of a revenue neutral middle-class tax cut, he broke his promise about lowering the small business tax rate from 11% to 9%, he broke his promise to lower the debt to GDP ratio, he broke his promise to ensure a "revenue neutral" carbon tax.

With actual deficit spending averaging over 2 and a half times what he promised, and proposed deficits of $18.1 billion for 2018/19, $17.5 billion for 2019/20, and cumulative deficits totalling $72.8 billion over the government’s first mandate and no plans to balance, I find it hard to imagine how he's going to approach Canadians during the next election campaign promising them a whole bunch of new goodies without also giving some clue as to where this money is going to come from.

I think Canadians may have had enough of his lies and gross fiscal irresponsibility, and any attempt to buy votes by going further into debt will not likely sit well with anyone other than low information voters. Combine this with the pending cancellation of the Trans Mountain Pipeline and suspected tax payer bail-out of this project by his Government, and I don't think the winds of fortune are going to be in his favour.

I guess we'll see if Canadians are more interested about a prosperous future, or a shiny, sunny ways present.... financed to the nuts. I guess we'll see how intelligent Canadians really are.
But marijuana tax and carbon pricing man .