Kelly McParland: How decades of Liberal indifference created Danielle Smith

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
We got a Trump (slightly used) you can have, free for nothin'.
the media did their character assassination on who would have been Canada's best Prime Minister, too - Preston Manning. they did the same to Ignatief; it's what the media is good at. and of course the idiot electorate swallowed it hook line and sinker - both times, as they will continue to do forever it seems.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
the media did their character assassination on who would have been Canada's best Prime Minister, too - Preston Manning. they did the same to Ignatief; it's what the media is good at. and of course the idiot electorate swallowed it hook line and sinker - both times, as they will continue to do forever it seems.
There's a fourth Manning brother? Who knew?

• Haha
Reactions: 55Mercury

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I didn't vote Trudeau last time but then I knew he was doing a shit job.

If PP gets in next election - no, I won't be voting for him - then I would do as I did for Harper; hope he does a good job.

(Meanwhile I hope that Singh nor Trudeau gets in, but who knows)
It’s a tough one. We know exactly what to expect from Justin Trudeau now at this point….Exactly. Nice hair & self balancing budgets & feminism ‘cuz it’s 2015-ish. Got it. Been there, smelt that, & here we are.

Elizabeth May is co-captaining the Green Party with its two MP’s (and the other MP isn’t the co-captain). The way they keep imploding, they might not even be around in 2025 when Jagmeet will allow the next Federal Election.

We’ve seen where Jagmeet Singh Stands in the last year up to his earlobes with Justin Trudeau regardless of the scandal, and sure as Hell not fulfilling his role as the “opposition” to the current government. Regardless of the consequences, Jagmeet is gonna get that pension in 2025, indexed to inflation.

The Bloc can only do Quebec, for Quebec. The Bloc can never govern the nation so still not sure why it’s a party on a Federal level when it’s a provincial entity.

Pierre Poilievre is the freshest face into a Leadership role, though an MP for almost two decades. He’s a very effective experienced critic, but nobody really knows how he will do in a leadership role.(How do you ruin your best salesman? Make him your sales manager. Hopefully that’s not the case above but we just don’t know yet)

Then there’s the “Communist Party” & the “Maverick Party” & the “Marxist Leninist Party” & Maxime’s “Peoples Party” & a few others that won’t make it onto a ballet anyway.

That’s the choices. Leslyn Lewis was the favourite out this way for leadership of the Conservative Party but that didn’t happen.

Yeah, in Canada we don’t vote for a leader, but we vote for a party & it votes for a leader…in theory…but in reality the above are your choices. What now? Got to pick one or abstain. I know whom I’m not voting for and who I’m not allowed to vote for in the process of elimination.

Reactions: petros and Serryah

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Well, back when I was young, dumb, and full of cum, I launched a conspiracy or two motivated primarily by poontang.
when you're young dumb and full of cum who needs money when ya got 'tang? and ya can always sell some to the moldy oldies when yer short on scratch. livin the hi-life

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
In theory those hunnies were never supposed to figure out you weren't a movie producer, is that right? And how did it work out in practice?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
It’s a tough one. We know exactly what to expect from Justin Trudeau now at this point….Exactly. Nice hair & self balancing budgets & feminism ‘cuz it’s 2015-ish. Got it. Been there, smelt that, & here we are.

Elizabeth May is co-captaining the Green Party with its two MP’s (and the other MP isn’t the co-captain). The way they keep imploding, they might not even be around in 2025 when Jagmeet will allow the next Federal Election.

We’ve seen where Jagmeet Singh Stands in the last year up to his earlobes with Justin Trudeau regardless of the scandal, and sure as Hell not fulfilling his role as the “opposition” to the current government. Regardless of the consequences, Jagmeet is gonna get that pension in 2025, indexed to inflation.

The Bloc can only do Quebec, for Quebec. The Bloc can never govern the nation so still not sure why it’s a party on a Federal level when it’s a provincial entity.

Pierre Poilievre is the freshest face into a Leadership role, though an MP for almost two decades. He’s a very effective experienced critic, but nobody really knows how he will do in a leadership role.(How do you ruin your best salesman? Make him your sales manager. Hopefully that’s not the case above but we just don’t know yet)

Then there’s the “Communist Party” & the “Maverick Party” & the “Marxist Leninist Party” & Maxime’s “Peoples Party” & a few others that won’t make it onto a ballet anyway.

That’s the choices. Leslyn Lewis was the favourite out this way for leadership of the Conservative Party but that didn’t happen.

Yeah, in Canada we don’t vote for a leader, but we vote for a party & it votes for a leader…in theory…but in reality the above are your choices. What now? Got to pick one or abstain. I know whom I’m not voting for and who I’m not allowed to vote for in the process of elimination.

If I didn't believe in the "If you don't vote you can't complain" line of thinking, I would be abstaining from voting until there was a worthwhile party/leader to vote for. I wish spoiled ballots meant more than just wasted paper. But there it is.

It's why I keep saying there is no worthy party/leader to vote for, because they all are a crap shoot that smells in the worst way. Sure, PP may be better than Singh or anyone else to some people's opinion, but I do not like his policies (what few I've seen) or the current "Conservative" Party in general enough to vote for them/him. All I've seen him do lately is bitch about Trudeau but offer no choices/opinions/solutions on his own end, at least nothing that hasn't been done before and failed then, too.

Singh is an idiot.

Trudeau is a worse idiot.

Green, at least Federally, is worthless (local MLA is Green and she's been amazing).

Bloc is "Fuck anyone not in Quebec".

So really for me there's no one to vote for.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I'd like to see her and Chrystia the linebacker do a cage match.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If I didn't believe in the "If you don't vote you can't complain" line of thinking, I would be abstaining from voting until there was a worthwhile party/leader to vote for. I wish spoiled ballots meant more than just wasted paper. But there it is….
….So really for me there's no one to vote for.
…& here we are. You can pick the best MP locally, which is also a vote for the leader of whatever party that local happens to belong to also. Some pills are Jagmeet…I mean jagged. Oh well.

I can’t vote for the Bloc, and I won’t vote for Team Jagmeet/Justin, and the Greens might not even exist in a year or two the way they’re going but it’s a choice Federally between the Greens & Conservatives…for me anyway, so the Green locally best not be a complete dough-head ass-hat or my options are very very limited.

Maybe Elli-May will permanently fade off into the sunset in a reusable straw accident or something…& the equivalent of a ‘Jack Layton’ but for the Greens will emerge who can say the right things about LGBTQ without being too annoying, and hates Jews enough (but not too much) to weasel his/her (Or in Elizabeth May’s case a true ‘they’) way to the top before Jagmeet allows the next election, his pension permitting that is.
I'd like to see her and Chrystia the linebacker do a cage match.
Winner gets a choice of a two-six of Jim Beam or a seat on Klaus Schwab’s knob? Gotta have them properly motivated. 😳

Reactions: petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
If I didn't believe in the "If you don't vote you can't complain" line of thinking, I would be abstaining from voting until there was a worthwhile party/leader to vote for. I wish spoiled ballots meant more than just wasted paper. But there it is.

It's why I keep saying there is no worthy party/leader to vote for, because they all are a crap shoot that smells in the worst way. Sure, PP may be better than Singh or anyone else to some people's opinion, but I do not like his policies (what few I've seen) or the current "Conservative" Party in general enough to vote for them/him. All I've seen him do lately is bitch about Trudeau but offer no choices/opinions/solutions on his own end, at least nothing that hasn't been done before and failed then, too.

Singh is an idiot.

Trudeau is a worse idiot.

Green, at least Federally, is worthless (local MLA is Green and she's been amazing).

Bloc is "Fuck anyone not in Quebec".

So really for me there's no one to vote for.
Yes but if you were really serious you would find and get behind a credible independent candidate who extols your and enough of your compatriots to support . With the proper approach maybe you could convince a large enough percentage to support independents and make the party system irrelevant. Maybe .

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
…& here we are. You can pick the best MP locally, which is also a vote for the leader of whatever party that local happens to belong to also. Some pills are Jagmeet…I mean jagged. Oh well.

Yeah, but I dislike my local MP too. Dominc LeBlanc is a dick riding on Daddy's Coat Tails, IMO. And other things with him.

The ONLY reason I did vote for Trudeau the one time was over the change to how voting would be done. Sure it was likely not going to happen, but it could'a. When it didn't, that's just the start of the list of why "never again".

Personally I wish we could cast votes for PM separate from who we elect as MP. I know it's not how the system is set up but just because the leader of the party is the leader of the party, doesn't make them PM material.

I can’t vote for the Bloc, and I won’t vote for Team Jagmeet/Justin, and the Greens might not even exist in a year or two the way they’re going but it’s a choice Federally between the Greens & Conservatives…for me anyway, so the Green locally best not be a complete dough-head ass-hat or my options are very very limited.

Pretty same here.

Maybe Elli-May will permanently fade off into the sunset in a reusable straw accident or something…& the equivalent of a ‘Jack Layton’ but for the Greens will emerge who can say the right things about LGBTQ without being too annoying, and hates Jews enough (but not too much) to weasel his/her (Or in Elizabeth May’s case a true ‘they’) way to the top before Jagmeet allows the next election, his pension permitting that is.

TBH, had Jack survived, I would have voted NDP at the time, if only to give them a chance. Likely would have not voted for them again, depending on how he did, but having it just be the Libs/Cons all the time... I mean we might as well just have a 'two party system'.