John Kerry supports the Troops...

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Curiosity

Kerry has been the target of Bush's fear and smear campaign from day one. If Bush actually didn't understand that the joke was pointed at him then he's even dumber than I thought. Lets not collectively here stoop to the intelligence level Bush wants every voter to be at.

This is typical of the left also...we in the military don't feel or think anything unless Bush tells us to. And if you are saying that none of us could have been offended by what Mr. Heinz-Kerry said without having someone hold our hand and explain what it meant, then you should be right there on the stage next to him.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Curiosity

Kerry has been the target of Bush's fear and smear campaign from day one. If Bush actually didn't understand that the joke was pointed at him then he's even dumber than I thought. Lets not collectively here stoop to the intelligence level Bush wants every voter to be at.

Kreskin

I appreciate your words. When the election of 2004 began and the daily bashing of candidates was grist for every hour on the hour - I was studying the U.S. Constitution and had applied for citizenship here. I
was eagerly trying to do my best to accomplish what I had put off for years - being undecided - then thinking I would hold duality of citizenship - then deciding that was a cop out - and finally making my decision I watched both parties in "action".

Bush is up for as much criticism as anyone wishes to throw at him. Kerry is up for the same. So are any other elected officials, appointed officials, judges, municipal legislators, and candidates who would choose to unseat the officials in office. No matter which party they represent. The ultimately will represent ALL the people if elected...if they do their job.

Kerry would never have been able to see the big picture. He is incapable of it. Especially when military action was on the table after 9/11.

My anger is not with Bush, nor Kerry, nor any politician - but with Kerry's backstabbing the veterans and the military at every opportunity. He is a failed military man himself, his "comrades" know it from his behavior during and after VietNam. He knows we all know. He continues to disgrace himself by making
these crude remarks against the military.

Those of us who have family and close ties to the people who have served and are now serving will not be quiet. That is my issue, further compounded by an ignorant statement about the Flag Raising at Iwo Jima - of course it was staged - the photographer was a professional who wanted an everlasting memorial to that portion of his imagery of WWII.

Kerry is not a good man. That is my opinion from observations, hearing him speak in person, assessing his post-election behavior and continued bad actor attitude. He just can't leave VietNam behind.

Worse - he is anti-American. Is that a good thing for a Senator to be? I think not.

Last edited:

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
K this is the last thing I'm posting about you guys's hero Mr. Kerry-Heinz, then you can all rub each others backs and bitch and moan about the evil republicans...

If anyone is proof positive that a good education has nothing to do with being stuck in Iraq, it’s Senator John Kerry. The Massachusetts Senator removed the silver spoon from his mouth just long enough to insert foot, bobbing and weaving his way through a scandal that delights the talk shows and blogs.

Appearing in Pasadena on behalf of California gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides, Kerry quipped to a crowd of students: “You know, education - if you make the most of it - you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

America is stuck in Iraq, but earth to Kerry, no American is stuck in Iraq. There isn’t a draft anymore. The being stuck remark reminds me that if there’s any one reason why the stiff and out-of-touch Kerry lost the 2004 Presidential election, it is that Mr. National Security is stuck in his own Vietnam past.

Kerry, who has to amplify and defend and explain his remarks against a digital onslaught only too happy to have a nice diversion a week before elections, is swearing his allegiance to the troops. Rhetorically, we could ask who insults the troops more, but for now Kerry knocked himself out. It is another reminder that he is not viable Presidential material.

This is a bit of a Captain Queeg moment for Kerry—I veteran, defending the downtrodden and hungry against despicable non-veterans. In other words, the Kerry mindset is that the soldiers must be uneducated to serve in Iraq, and thus need his leadership to get out. What is more, Kerry seems to believe in his heart that only a veteran can claim the right to lead and defend the troops, a kind of military club dictatorship that has no place in American society.

-- William Arkin, WASHINGTON POST - “Sen. Kerry Gets Stuck in Iraq”

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yeah, they walked up the hill and planted the flag for the photographer.

There were six of them. Five were Marines, the sixth a Navy Corpsman. Three didn't live to get off Iwo Jima. The mountain was taken, but the rest of the island was not.

There were 25,851 US casualties on Iwo, including almost 7,000 dead.

Who cares if they were not under fire in the photo?

Yes, they walked up the hill to plant the flage for the photographer. Three didn't live to get off the island. So what! That doesn't make them any more special than any of the allies who were killed in that war. Does it make them somehow better because they took part in that charade with the flag. Bull. They are no better than those soldiers who were cut down on the beach at Normandy.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Exactly.

And I would think it was in poor taste to mock soldiers that fell at Normandy as well.

That was the point of this discussion: whether the book cover mocking the flag raising picture was in poor taste or not..........

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Yes, they walked up the hill to plant the flage for the photographer. Three didn't live to get off the island. So what! That doesn't make them any more special than any of the allies who were killed in that war. Does it make them somehow better because they took part in that charade with the flag. Bull. They are no better than those soldiers who were cut down on the beach at Normandy.

Did someone hack Juan's account? I don't remember him being this bone-headed. But if not, Juan could you please find something that extols Candian bravery and soldierly virtues, so that I might mock and belittle it? I can't seem to find anything..which might say something in itself.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan

You are way over the top here as usual. The military are in a war you never had to take part in with your candy-ass "service" .

The general rule of the current all volunteer military is that anyone reaching the Sgt. level of command has four years of college under his or her belt.

The higher ups are post grads or have extensive military campaigns already tested.

There are grunts in every military - kids who start out - especially the national guard who find it a good way to put themselves through school.

I think it is an honorable "part time" job rather than slinging burgers and fries or working for daddy in some soft spot.... or letting the "folks" pay for the education.

I cannot believe you demean the military in the U.S. - I am well aware of your hatred of all things in the nation to the south but the military fighting have nothing to do with politics - they go where they are sent. The Iwo Jima comment was pure bigotry. You "sir" are a bigot and a bad apple in any democratic society.

If I am slammed - for making this post personal - I agree it is personal.

Slam you? I pity you. You say "your candy-assed service". I wonder what you base that stupid phrase on...I know you weren't there. ..When I was in the RCAF we didn't have a war to fight but the potential was there and we were there to fight if needed. I'm not going to feel guilty because we didn't have to bomb anyone.

How is it bigotry to make a comment on what I know to be true? Where did I demean the military by saying that the picture of the raising of that flag was contrived, when in truth, it was?

Your bigotry however, is obvious to all.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Okay, Curiousity and Thomaska, you're steppin' on toes here, and pushing me to Juan's defense.

He is correct.....he served, and has absolutely no need to apologize for never having bombed anyone.

I just finished reading Bernard Montgomery's memoirs, in which he repeatedly refers to the Canadians as "magnificent", the best troops he had.

Canadians have long had an excellent reputation as soldiers........the attitude of our gov't over the last 40 years notwithstanding.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Slam you? I pity you. You say "your candy-assed service". I wonder what you base that stupid phrase on...I know you weren't there. ..When I was in the RCAF we didn't have a war to fight but the potential was there and we were there to fight if needed. I'm not going to feel guilty because we didn't have to bomb anyone.

How is it bigotry to make a comment on what I know to be true? Where did I demean the military by saying that the picture of the raising of that flag was contrived, when in truth, it was?

Your bigotry however, is obvious to all.

I did have a big long response to type to this but instead, I'll just use this:

"I'm sick and tired of a bunch of despicable Republicans(on this forum) who will not debate real policy, who won't take responsibility for their own mistakes, standing up and trying to make other people the butt of those mistakes," Kerry(#Juan) said.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Check you PM's Colpy..

And I know there are scores and scores of Canadian soldier who were brave and gave the ultimate sacrifice, I was just trying to goad a little bit and see if the people on the other side of this arguement liked getting as good as they were giving. But so far , nothing, just more attacks and people cheapening the meaning behind the word "bigot" by slinging it around haphazardly...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I did have a big long response to type to this but instead, I'll just use this:

"I'm sick and tired of a bunch of despicable Republicans(on this forum) who will not debate real policy, who won't take responsibility for their own mistakes, standing up and trying to make other people the butt of those mistakes," Kerry(#Juan) said.

I have no idea what the hell it is you are trying to say. You quoted what I said to Curiosity after she called my military service in Germany "candy-assed". Now you quote something I assume Kerry said and you seem to be trying to attribute it to me. Why is that?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Polarization is what American politics has become. The Dems do it just as much as the GOP.

Issues and trying to make the US a better place is irrelevant. It is all about one party beating the other. It is all about control of the House, the Senate, the Executive Office.

A good example of this is NAFTA. Reagan and Bush Sr. tried to push NAFTA and to the Dems it was always a bad idea. Once Clinton supported it the Dems were all behind it... now it was a great idea!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yeah, they walked up the hill and planted the flag for the photographer.

There were six of them. Five were Marines, the sixth a Navy Corpsman. Three didn't live to get off Iwo Jima. The mountain was taken, but the rest of the island was not.

There were 25,851 US casualties on Iwo, including almost 7,000 dead.

Who cares if they were not under fire in the photo?

No they didn't plant it for the photographer. They planted a bigger flag to replace a smaller one. It was done once and Rosenthal caught a perfect picture. They even have a film of it.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
Its as useless as your opinion about it is.

So what you are saying is that the quality of your comment is equal to the quality of my comments. Does that mean that my response is useful and thus your comments are useful, or does it mean that my response is very much useless making your comment very much useless as well?

I know you are but what am I? :rolleyes:

This is what I'm talking about. Whatever happened to open, frank debate? What ever happened to attacking the issue, not the party? We're never going to get anywhere insulting each other. It won't accomplish anything.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No they didn't plant it for the photographer. They planted a bigger flag to replace a smaller one. It was done once and Rosenthal caught a perfect picture. They even have a film of it.

Absolutely correct........I just finished reading that part in Flags of our Fathers, and came here to correct myself.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Leave it to #juan to revise history. The flag was raised twice. They first raised a small one and later six troops raised a larger one. It was caught on film and photo. The photo won a Pulitzer Prize. There was controversy surrounding it because of misinformation and has been debunked repeatedly.

And let's assume for a moment the photo was staged, we still took Iwo Jima with great loss. The meaning of it remains the same, sacrifice and bravery took Iwo Jima.

Thomaska, don't stoop to #juan's level and goad him about the Canadian military, they have a proud history of bravery and sacrifice.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Leave it to #juan to revise history. The flag was raised twice. They first raised a small one and later six troops raised a larger one. It was caught on film and photo. The photo won a Pulitzer Prize. There was controversy surrounding it because of misinformation and has been debunked repeatedly.

And let's assume for a moment the photo was staged, we still took Iwo Jima with great loss. The meaning of it remains the same, sacrifice and bravery took Iwo Jima.

Thomaska, don't stoop to #juan's level and goad him about the Canadian military, they have a proud history of bravery and sacrifice.

And nobody said it didn't. I just said that that I didn't see that photograph as the Holy Grail. If I struck a nerve, I'm sorry, but so be it. Lots of men died in the second world war. A good many of them died in the two and a half years it took for the Americans to even get into that war.