John Kerry supports the Troops...

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
by suggesting that we are morons...

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

John Kerry at Pasadena City College, CA.

What an as*hole. Typical of the lefts views on the troops I'm sure...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I think thats a rather ignorant comment. To lump anyone on the "left" into some larger general consensus is ridiculous. I happen to have views overall that some would call left. I do support troop involvement in Afghanistan, but not in Iraq. I don't support the Iraqi conflict because of the vacuum it has left in Afghanistan, and from the start I thought that going into Iraq would not improve the Americans position when concerning culling terrorist threats. I do not support those comments of Kerry's at all.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Oh my will the real John Kerry please stand up?

Show us your Purple Heart sir..... the one you got for the Band Aid operation you had?

No doubt you've had worse injuries from the Ketchup Queen than you received during your "service" in VN.

Here's a oneliner from Kerry this morning on television
It disgusts me that these Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country lie and distort so blatantly and carelessly about those who have.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
What's the average education of an American martyr in Iraq?

Does it matter?

My point was that clowns like Kerry want to lead this country and the military but feel it is ok to make jokes at our expense to get a couple of chuckles from the crowd and maybe swing a vote or two to the Dems? What an ass.

I don't think any of us have claimed to be martyrs...but we are good at making them.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Finally a Bulworth moment. Maybe this time he'll have some brains and not back down.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
From a Senator worth a****:

Senator Kerry owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country’s call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education. Americans from all backgrounds, well off and less fortunate, with high school diplomas and graduate degrees, take seriously their duty to our country, and risk their lives today to defend the rest of us in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

They all deserve our respect and deepest gratitude for their service. The suggestion that only the least educated Americans would agree to serve in the military and fight in Iraq, is an insult to every soldier serving in combat, and should deeply offend any American with an ounce of appreciation for what they suffer and risk so that the rest of us can sleep more comfortably at night. Without them, we wouldn’t live in a country where people securely possess all their God-given rights, including the right to express insensitive, ill-considered and uninformed remarks.

-- John McCain, in response to Kerry’s remarks

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
MilBlogger Danjel Bout (Thunder 6) was a hair from his Ph.D. when he was called to active service.

He had signed on with the National Guard to assist his schooling - a Ph.D. takes a long time to fund - and he was almost there when he was assigned an Iraqi post.

He is home now - finishing his schooling.

Amik

Electoral Member
Mar 21, 2006
The GOP is grasping at straws, but it was much ado about nothing...

A Kerry aide told CNN that the prepared statement, which had been designed to criticize President Bush, "was mangled in delivery."
Kerry was supposed to say, "I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

"If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they're crazy," he said. "No Democrat will be bullied by an administration that has a cut-and-run policy in Afghanistan and a stand-still-and-lose strategy in Iraq."

BorealRock

Dec 7, 2005
North

Perhaps Kerry was in bad taste or baiting but at least he set foot in Vietnam, he dodge a few bullets and stayed there. Who in Bush's admin did that? None. Too busy making deals with the Bin Ladens and others of their ilk. Plain and simple Bush,Chenny, Rummy and Rove have failed and failed bad. Time for the Dems to have a chance rather than the losers that our Yank friends have now.
I think that if the focus of Iraq was to stabilize it instead of sucking a million barrels of oil out / day that might be a good start. Lots of good Dem seasoned military people I'm sure could put an end to it. I think the real truth is that a guy like Kerry supports the troops more than the heartless Bu****es. Simple.
Also isn't something like the stats on education/income level of ppl entering the service something easy to google?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Also isn't something like the stats on education/income level of ppl entering the service something easy to google?

Yeah its easy to google but all the far right wing sites say we are all affluent geniouses, and the far left sites claim that every swinging" richard" in the military is a minority with the iq of Forrest Gump in fact the only white people in the military are in fact just actors...(just kidding)...so its hard to find some objectivity.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The democrats should send him far far away, where no cameras can find him.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

John Kerry at Pasadena City College, CA.

You don't have to like Kerry, but he did not insult the troops or say anyone was a moron. Nowhere did he say anything about the troops. He said lots about Bush but most of that was obvious.