John Kerry supports the Troops...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
http://mensnewsdaily.com/2006/10/31/john-kerry-do-homework-or-get-stuck-in-iraq/

Yes Kerry has always been good to the troops - like his greetings to the returning VietNam vets - spit I think it was - and expletives. Whatta guy! Again he gives the military the old "thumbs up"....whatta guy....

John Kerry: Do homework or “get stuck in Iraq”

October 31, 2006
Vox Populi
By Greg Strange
Well, the good senator from the commonwealth of Massachusetts, John F. Kerry, is at it again. That’s right. That debonair, wind-surfing uberpatriot and well-known member of a certain “band of brothers” who gave it his all in Vietnam fighting for his country (right before he proceeded to trash every American serviceman there as a war criminal) is once again caving in to his seemingly irresistible urges to say stupid and highly offensive things about Americans in uniform.
The latest came during a campaign event in California for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides. While talking about education, Kerry said this:

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

There you have it, boys and girls. Either you hit the books and get that homework done or you get shipped off to that illegal, unwinnable war in Iraq with the rest of those dunce cap-wearing losers.
Wow! The injudiciousness of some of Kerry’s statements can be absolutely breathtaking. And just think, two short years ago it was John Kerry, “reporting for duty,” saluting everybody in sight, traipsing around the country with the band of brothers and sharing all those great war stories from his proud time in Vietnam.
Of course, everybody knew then that it was all a crock cooked up for his presidential campaign to enhance his image as a plausible commander-in-chief. Subsequently, the whole thing collapsed like a bad souffle.
One might think he just doesn’t care anymore about trying to project an image that he respects the military, but there have been rumors that he might take another stab at the presidency in ‘08. Suffice it to say, he can pretty much forget about getting the military vote. Hey, maybe he could run as the “education” president this time instead of the “war hero” president.

In the meantime, somebody needs to tell the senator that we have an all-volunteer military now and people don’t just “get stuck in Iraq” because they were academic failures. It’s just one more indication that when it comes to military matters, John Kerry’s mind is still stuck in the Vietnam era and every engagement is a quagmire for illiterate losers.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There you have it, boys and girls. Either you hit the books and get that homework done or you get shipped off to that illegal, unwinnable war in Iraq with the rest of those dunce cap-wearing losers.
Wow! The injudiciousness of some of Kerry’s statements can be absolutely breathtaking.

Wow is right, you've extrapolated Kerry's statement to the point of lies. Kerry said nothing about dunce-cap wearing losers. That must be what you think of the soldiers.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
At least Bush gets to bark like a trained seal over it. Poor guy looks so miserable old and tired lately perhaps this will make him feel better.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

This isn't the first time John Kerry has stabbed members of the United States Military in the back..

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
How is a book about vets being against the war stabbing them in the back. Most soldiers are against war when they come back because they've seen how horrible it is. Arm chair soldiers like you have no idea.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
How is a book about vets being against the war stabbing them in the back. Most soldiers are against war when they come back because they've seen how horrible it is. Arm chair soldiers like you have no idea.
The book cover mocks the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima..

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

All those guys raising that flage was a staged publicity stunt......no more....Do you really think it took twelve guys to raise a ten foot flag pole?

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I expected a Anti-American disrespectful comment like that from someone like you thanks for not disappointing me..

This isn't a picture of the Holy Grail. It is four guys who raised that flag for the cameras at least a dozen times. It wasn't in the heat of battle, it was rehearsed over and over.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
It's nice to see the few Anti-American posters stick together like one small Anti-American Circle Jerk. How would they feel if someone started posting disrespectful images and comments towards the Canadian Military? I'm guessing the small Circle Jerk wouldn't have much to say since they pretty much hate the Canadian Military too because the Circle Jerk members are Liberal and NDP Sheep..
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
This isn't a picture of the Holy Grail. It is four guys who raised that flag for the cameras at least a dozen times. It wasn't in the heat of battle, it was rehearsed over and over.
[/b][/i]

Yeah, they walked up the hill and planted the flag for the photographer.

There were six of them. Five were Marines, the sixth a Navy Corpsman. Three didn't live to get off Iwo Jima. The mountain was taken, but the rest of the island was not.

There were 25,851 US casualties on Iwo, including almost 7,000 dead.

Who cares if they were not under fire in the photo?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Juan

You are way over the top here as usual. The military are in a war you never had to take part in with your candy-ass "service" .

The general rule of the current all volunteer military is that anyone reaching the Sgt. level of command has four years of college under his or her belt.

The higher ups are post grads or have extensive military campaigns already tested.

There are grunts in every military - kids who start out - especially the national guard who find it a good way to put themselves through school.

I think it is an honorable "part time" job rather than slinging burgers and fries or working for daddy in some soft spot.... or letting the "folks" pay for the education.

I cannot believe you demean the military in the U.S. - I am well aware of your hatred of all things in the nation to the south but the military fighting have nothing to do with politics - they go where they are sent. The Iwo Jima comment was pure bigotry. You "sir" are a bigot and a bad apple in any democratic society.

If I am slammed - for making this post personal - I agree it is personal.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
[/b][/i]

Wow. Thought you were pretty much a level headed guy. Up until now.

I mean, ****, you can't even fricking count right, in your efforts to demean anything that can be seen as patriotic or slightly "right-leaning".

You really should read Flags of our Fathers, and then let the rest of us know if you think the Island was secure during the flag raising. There were still Japanese in hiding on Iwo Jima TWO years after the war was over. And yes, I am the subject matter expert on it Juan...just because you were 4 or 5 years old when they were raising the flag on Iwo Jima means squat to me. You obviously didnt gain anything by it.

Maybe Kerry mistold a joke..maybe he didn't. But he sure didn't try to clarify his remarks right there in front of the frenzied liberal masses at the college did he? He knows what side the ****ing bread's buttered on. He only started backpedaling when he got called on the carpet for saying that crap. Once again, it's all about the votes, say what you gotta say in front of the crowd...

I'm sure you'll sit there at your monitor, mouth agape at the vitriol you might get spewed in your direction from some of the board members(not many though, I'm sure). So what will you do about it? Change your story three times and then just say its the republicans fault?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
His statement is in reference to George W Bush. That's the way I read it the first time I saw it. I can understand how his joke may be interpretted otherwise and the Reps will do what any politicians will do - take advantage of it.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca

Somebody is going to have to explain how that is "stabbing the military in the back." I honestly don't get it.

Oh by the way, when you use the term anti-american like its been trademarked, it really loses its effectiveness.

Thomaska said:
What an as*hole. Typical of the lefts views on the troops I'm sure...

Congradulations on a comment that is completely useless and only serves to polorize the discussion. Expand the problem, that'll help things.:rolleyes:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Kreskin

I don't know what spin CBC is putting on it - or any of the papers up there....but even the Democratic Party members are asking him to opt out of coming to their rally speeches. He's soiled and spoiled.

This was a bad flaw - he looked down at the script because he lost his place - he should have taken a moment to catch the words which were written - but instead of that he ad-libbed - his favorite rhetoric.

Kerry is not a good ad-libber - he has never had a spontaneous moment in his life I would bet. He is a follower and does what he believes to be "cool with the moment".....

This is not the kind of leader the U.S. needs regardless - I am truly grateful he did not win the presidential race - he is not a good politician, not a good leader and especially not a good person.

We had plenty of time and opportunity to study him six years ago.... and it was enough. There is nothing believable nor honorable about John Kerry, especially about his behavior to receive permission to return as a "wounded" vet. The men who "served" with him have verified that.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Curiosity

Kerry has been the target of Bush's fear and smear campaign from day one. If Bush actually didn't understand that the joke was pointed at him then he's even dumber than I thought. Lets not collectively here stoop to the intelligence level Bush wants every voter to be at.