Is this site "Canadian Enough"?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First we should not kick out the foreigners because they don't understand how tolerant we are.
We can educate them as best we can to be more tolerant.
The idea it is too conservative is not correct either, I read all kinds of stuff that is silly right wing
nonsense, only to be outdone at times by verses and visions of the loony left. If nothing else
some is needed for comic relief. There are times when some wonder about some of my posts,
what the hell is trying to say?
We are a dysfunctional family on here, and there is a lot of room for different opinions, how long
do you think this would last if we were all left or right or even at times reasonable?
The other question is how the hell could you make a Canadian Board with international members
more Canadian? Leave it alone. eh.
That's it, everyone has to end every thought with the word eh if they are Canadian that way we
will know if it a Canadian thought as opposed to a foreign thought. That can't be too difficult eh?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Yeah but imagine having to type in 'eh' at the end of every sentence 'eh'. How about an automatic program tht replaces all full stops and question marks with 'eh' eh?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
So, is it maybe the name of the site that's throwing people off as to whether it's Canadian or not? Lol.

Personally, I like the colour scheme. I find it serene, I've never been a fan of a busy background as I find it can be distracting.

I'll second Alleywayzalwayz suggestion about maybe adding a few different Canadian "themes" for individual setting preferences. Perhaps asking the members to submit suggestions for what those themes might be?

My two cents, for what it's worth.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
There are too many foreigners on here that just don't understand how tolerant and accepting we are. I think they should be banned.
Here ya go what more proof do you need?

The timezone in Ironsides is America/Pangnirtung
Sunrise at 04:41 and Sunset at 19:37. It's light

Latitude. 45.066822027°, Longitude. -78.182828071°

Weather near Ironsides; Report from Bancroft Automatic Weather Reporting System, 100.4km away
Weather :
Temperature: 13°C / 55.4°F
Wind: 9.2km/h East/Northeast
Cloud:

:lol:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Maybe we should lobby government to ensure that eh is an official punctuation at the
end of every sentence that way the computers and other devices will automatically do
it for us eh?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Maybe we should lobby government to ensure that eh is an official punctuation at the
end of every sentence that way the computers and other devices will automatically do
it for us eh?
Are you kidding? I have to fight with Microsoft word just to spell colour with a "u". ;)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Here ya go what more proof do you need?

The timezone in Ironsides is America/Pangnirtung
Sunrise at 04:41 and Sunset at 19:37. It's light

Latitude. 45.066822027°, Longitude. -78.182828071°

Weather near Ironsides; Report from Bancroft Automatic Weather Reporting System, 100.4km away
Weather :
Temperature: 13°C / 55.4°F
Wind: 9.2km/h East/Northeast
Cloud:

:lol:
Funny..... I'da thought you'd be in Eastern....

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I've had a couple of reviews from various people after I relaunched the homepage and various people mentioned that it doesn't look Canadian enough. One even said it looked like "the conservative colours". Hrmpf. I added a Canadian flag to the top menubar, but is it enough? Any suggestions on improvements in that aspect?

I don't have any problems with how the site is laid out. I think it looks quite sharp!

Just because the name of the site is CanadianContent and there are a number of Canadian members here(of which I am one) doesn't mean that you have to make it an ultra-patriotic Canadian site. I like it how it is right now.:) We do have a lot of non-Canadian members here after all.

If you decide to add some extra graphics, and it wouldn't be too difficult(or time-consuming) for you, then perhaps you could add a couple of special themes(like the Halloween and Christmas ones) to perhaps satisfy the ones that don't like the look.

And as far as it looking like it was "Conservative"? I'll second your 'Hrmpf'.