Inauguration Day For Trump

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
In a free country any police are always guilty.

Your civic duties and responsibilities if deeply enough embedded should not require policing.

Education must be improved.

Teach them how to be stupid and happy at the same time.

Back to taxes I went. You exist to pay taxes, or impose taxes, flip will we? I don't think so.

In a free country, DB one is innocent until proven guilty - at least that is they way it is supposed to work. Mind you with the way MSM treats some of the accused these days and long before due process has even begun, the chances of living a normal life even when found innocent of all charges really changes the game.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
'Build bridges, not walls', they say.
Sure, build bridges. Why not make it easier for illegal immigrants? That's the idea, isn't it?
Centuries ago cities had walls around them. People had to be within the walls by nightfall because the gates would be locked and barred then.
They were smart enough back then to know that when strangers flock in by large numbers they take over. It's not different today. We let immigrants in and they tell us how things have to be, what has to be changed and our leaders give the country over to them. Just like the white men did with the Indians.
If you want to keep your society and your lifestyle like it is build the damned wall and shoot anybody who come through it uninvited!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Sure, build bridges. Why not make it easier for illegal immigrants? That's the idea, isn't it?
Centuries ago cities had walls around them. People had to be within the walls by nightfall because the gates would be locked and barred then.
They were smart enough back then to know that when strangers flock in by large numbers they take over. It's not different today. We let immigrants in and they tell us how things have to be, what has to be changed and our leaders give the country over to them. Just like the white men did with the Indians.
If you want to keep your society and your lifestyle like it is build the damned wall and shoot anybody who come through it uninvited!

Yes well, the dark ages are far behind us, DM. We really do not need walled fortresses, moats, drawbridges and boiling oil these days - thank heavens as the latter is really messy and oh so hard to clean up. Whether or not they were smarter back then or simply using the technology available to them at the time, is a matter for conjecture. Remember that with all the fine fortifications in place, clever opponents with technological marvels of their own were often available to overcome even the best of defenses.

I find your comments about immigrants to be inflammatory and without basis in fact. The last time I checked, Sharia law did not rule the land and no leader that I know of has given our country over to anyone. (DB will immediately disagree with this assessment as he holds the firm belief that all countries are enthrall to the banking community)

Regarding your thoughts about white men and Indians, I'd say the latter came out on the short end of the stick.

If a society needs to build walls to keep people out then that society is either under siege by zombies hoards or in deep conflict with regards to the threats posed by neighboring countries. In the case of the United States, there are many avenues open to authorities when it comes to preventing illegal aliens from gaining a foothold in the country and the President has already taken action to improve their ability to do so.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Well.psychology is not the Trumpsters sting suit. If he believes the wall will keep people out.he is sorely deluded. But ten he is deluded about a lot of things as we have seen over the past yr or so. The wall will just present an invite for hostility and aggression.People will find a way and outsmart the wall . But it probably won;t be just a wall. there will be border patrol who will be prepared to shoot to kill. under one excuse or another. Why not build a moat and fill it with crocs as well. If they-are going to go primitive do the whole thing. fitting of the dictator he is) (governing by fear and threats.is the road down the toilet )OTOH.it works for Kim of N.Korea and Putin.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not one eh, Cliffy - I'd like to see concrete proof of that statement. I've found nothing indicating that Canadian police were involved in instigating the G20 riots in Toronto.

Nah, I followed it fairly closely on the news at the time and I am quite confident, that, that never happened.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Obama in his last term resorted to executive orders and presidential memoranda to bull through his legislation and many saw that as very dictatorial. It is early days for the Trump administration and from what I can see things appear to be improving a bit more each day. Spice's press conference today was much more cordial and he spent a good deal of time with the press core.

I find constantly railing against the man and throwing up all the horrible things he's said does nothing to change the reality of the situation. Trump is President. And for the sake of the American people, I most sincerely hope that he is able to get his **** together and lead the country in a fitting and Presidential manner.

Yep, it won't be long before he is recognized as the greatest President since W.W.2. He'll put an end to all the sh*t and shananigans!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
This was kind of sad. Can't imagine what he said to her to make her face drop like that.

@Trumpregrets continues....A great learning experience for those with regret. Next time they should research a little deeper on their next candidate unlike just picking the opposite of what they had.

https://mic.com/articles/166782/aft...atalogue-of-broken-maga-dreams-sad#.XHvXxSKOD

It certainly wasn't a great day for the First Lady, Twila. From being left behind as her husband walks ahead to greet the Obamas, through the luncheon where she looked absolutely glum at times and off into the night and that first awkward looking dance in the spotlight. I did notice that she seemed to perk up when the family, VP Pence and his wife joined them in the dance.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It certainly wasn't a great day for the First Lady, Twila. From being left behind as her husband walks ahead to greet the Obamas, through the luncheon where she looked absolutely glum at times and off into the night and that first awkward looking dance in the spotlight. I did notice that she seemed to perk up when the family, VP Pence and his wife joined them in the dance.

You have to wonder, which one in the audience is going to be wife #4. Her reaction that day is consistent with with the look she would wear if she had "just found out".

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You have to wonder, which one in the audience is going to be wife #4. Her reaction that day is consistent with with the look she would wear if she had "just found out".

Or for a hundred other reasons, like the sudden thought of all the entertaining she was now going to be responsible for organizing. I'm sure her position is quite daunting.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

It was a long tiring day for Mrs. Trump. She walked on 4" heels for hours. She is obviously a person who values privacy and doesn't enjoy being on display.
I think she got through the gruelling day with incredible style and grace.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Or for a hundred other reasons, like the sudden thought of all the entertaining she was now going to be responsible for organizing. I'm sure her position is quite daunting.

Yeah. Right. She grocery shops for State dinners and vaccuums the place. Her staffers cut-and-paste her speeches from the Internet while she's cooking up the goulash for sixty.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It was a long tiring day for Mrs. Trump. She walked on 4" heels for hours. She is obviously a person who values privacy and doesn't enjoy being on display.
I think she got through the gruelling day with incredible style and grace.

Absolutely................it's uncanny how so many people (maybe the majority on this forum) just naturally assume the worst!

It was nice to see Ted Nugent and his family in the Inauguration Parade!

Now them were people!