Immigrants sent to Mass. from Florida, on taxpayer dime

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Link to substantiate that please........

Already previously posted. Perhaps go back and read them?

The point of the whole thing has been made. Liberals are hypocrites.

Point is, Dems AND Republicans can't do shit about the border because they don't want to/aren't listening to people who do give a shit.

But stunts like this don't help.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Or for those who claim CNN bias...

"Aid workers and officials in Martha's Vineyard said 50 people arrived there, including women and young children, and they had been told they would be taken to a place that could give them a place to stay and jobs.

One church leader who helped said no one there had any notice ahead of time, but they are doing what they can to help the migrants.

"Many of them were just too overwhelmed. We just started feeding people outside when they were standing outside because everybody was just really hungry. And then moved them inside as soon as we could," Barb Rush with St. Andrews Episcopal Church said."

And now the REPUBLICAN Mass. Governor is doing what needs doing.

So a tale of two Republicans, two Governors... and easy to tell which one actually has human compassion and which one is a deadbeat piece of garbage.

And for those who are all "Biden is doing so horrible about the border issue!"

Bit o facts (damn those facts)

First, Trump:

Then Biden:

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/biden-one-year-mark (of note " Under the Title 42 policy (referencing the section of the U.S. code where it derives its authority), the Biden administration has carried out 990,000 expulsions, more than double the Trump administration’s 460,000, partly because the number of migrants arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border has spiked.")

So this means... what?

Seems DEMS are harder on immigration and the border than even Trump was. It's just Trump had no problem ripping families apart and not giving a shit, while Dems will deport them all together (most of the time).

But BOTH sides are just as horrible and apparently not wanting to deal with the issue what so ever.
Exactly like eastern provinces do to BC. Welfare bums are given a 1 way bus tickets to BC courtesy of the taxpayers in their province, but for some reason we are not allowed to ship them home. So guess who gets stuck with the lifetime welfare bill?

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Exactly like eastern provinces do to BC. Welfare bums are given a 1 way bus tickets to BC courtesy of the taxpayers in their province, but for some reason we are not allowed to ship them home. So guess who gets stuck with the lifetime welfare bill?
I brought that up earlier. But, y'know how those two feel about facts that don't suit their narrative :)

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Turns out the victims were all from Texass. Floriduh just provided the flights. Because that's a great use of Florida funds.

Dropped 'em on Martha's Vineyard with no notice. The people on Martha's banded together to take care of them.

The victims were told they were going to Boston.

Because lying to people to get them to get in a vehicle and then kicking them out at a destination other than what you told them isn't human trafficking.
True. What they should have done is put them on a bus to Mexico. Not in the country legally? Out you go.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Interesting perspective.

"From Tracy Brown, who comes from Martha's Vinyard:

Media (especially right) holds up Martha's Vineyard as some rich liberal enclave. Hilarious. The really rich people on MV are not libs. LOL….etc…

…These aren't necessarily "rich" people donating or helping,

They are just us.

Am proud of Martha's Vineyard."
Good on the non-millionaires for stepping up donating & helping until the National Guard at the Governor’s request got these 50 people of the island within 44 hours.
For local and state officials on Martha’s Vineyard, the decision to send a group of roughly 50 Venezuelan migrants to the island was a “failed” political stunt orchestrated by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to create chaos in a small community with under 20,000 year-round residents (& 200,000 during the tourist season).

On Friday, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker called in the National Guard to end the emergency and relocate the migrants to Joint Base Cape Cod, a military installation on the nearby mainland.
Democrats, including failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, called DeSantis's move an unethical exploitation of migrants and "human trafficking." But the administrations of DeSantis and Abbott insist the migrants know where they're going and are not forced to take the buses and planes.

"The minute even a small fraction of what those border towns deal with every day is brought to their front door, they all of a sudden go berserk and they're so upset this is happening," DeSantis said Friday of blue states. "It just shows you, you know, their virtue signaling is a fraud."
There. Something for everyone, on the left, on the right, in the middle, that are ambivalent, etc…

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
There's wanting to go north, then being LIED to (You're going to Boston, you're going to... there's a surprise waiting for you! There's jobs, there's housing...) to get them there.

Sure, except that Floriduh should have forewarned MV BEFORE sending them.

Why is this getting a pass from you? Why is their being LIED to getting a pass? Is it okay just because they're immigrants? LEGAL ones at that?

Sure, and are they EVER pissed. Venezuelan immigrants already in Florida (100,000 plus) usually votes Republican apparently, but after this? They are pissed.

There's good meme's, even I'll chuckle at good ones, but then there's gross ones.

You are missing the point... is that on purpose?

They were already in the US, they are here legally, if Florida didn't want to deal with them, or Texas, FINE, but to send them to somewhere else and lie about the entire thing, and not give a heads up is not a fair comparison.

They did the help, but I guess you couldn't be bothered to see that, I guess. Also, lying like a good little Brown Lipped Righty makes you so predictable.

You wouldn't know fact if it slapped you in the face.

It's both. Though I agree there's ignorance about this issue all over the place.

It should be like that, but... no.

Is that cause they're in lockup? Not the same.

These people came to the US legally. As I understand it, they are allowed to go wherever they wish after while they wait for their hearings. That said, again, not the point. MV DID what they were supposed to do.

Considering they're now housed on a base, it's hardly 'involuntary'. Rather they knew they were coming.

That much I'll agree with - the lack of being able to help 50 people for longer than a few days IS suspect. Unless every hotel is full, there is no reason they shouldn't have been able to stay there for a couple more days to at least get settled from this shitshow. Also, just setting up tents (just to appease the idea that being a sanctuary city means somehow NOT what it really means and has people stay on permanently) and saying "here you go, live here for who knows how long"... you think that's okay? Especially going into fall? Really?

But they also did all they were supposed to do. And at least there was no lie moving them.

It's a difference in that a) no one lied to these people about where they were going. B) it's NATIONAL meaning people did know and are still there to help them with their cases (although to be clear I just got up so I haven't caught up on how things are today so...)

You are missing the point, again.

It's that Florida sent these people on a LIE, on TAXPAYER dime and they are here LEGALLY, not illegally. ALL of that makes what DuhSatan did with these people way, WAY out of line.

For someone not having a dog or caring about the issue, you're okay with having the wrong facts about it...
According to Florida, these people are being told where they are going & asked if they want to go. Most of the illegals say yes and get on the bus. NO ONE IS FORCING THEM to go. But of course, Florida is being accused of lying because once the people got to where they were going, they decided - oh, I didn't want to go here so I was lied to. Ya, sure.

I find it interesting that Biden & ilk are given the benefit of a doubt (when they lie consistently) and if there's a Republican who makes a comment, they're automatically lying. The hypocrisy is incredible.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Really? First I've heard of...

Oh wait, you mean just Ontario and Quebec.

Okay then.

But, IMO, if either province is sending immigrants to BC to deal with on a lie, sure, that's shitty to do. More than. Fuck both places, they should deal with them.

That you are missing the point of this though isn't surprising much.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Okay then.

But, IMO, if either province is sending immigrants to BC to deal with on a lie, sure, that's shitty to do. More than. Fuck both places, they should deal with them.

So are you , like you we don’t want them either .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A Texas sheriff will investigate the flights arranged by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to transport dozens of Venezuelan migrants from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard, allegedly after making false promises of work and other services.

The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office announced that it had opened an investigation into last week’s incident, in which migrants were “lured from the Migrant Resource Center” in their county — which covers greater San Antonio — and flown to Florida and later on to Martha’s Vineyard, where they were “left to fend for themselves.”

“Additionally, we are working with private attorneys who are representing the victims, as well as advocacy organizations regarding this incident,” Sheriff Javier Salazar (D) said in a statement. “We are also preparing to work with any federal agencies that have concurrent jurisdiction, should the need arise.”
Link

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Center” in their county — which covers greater San Antonio — and flown to Florida and later on to Martha’s Vineyard, where they were “left to fend for themselves.”
It appears Mass. is the one denying assistance and accommodation.

That's fucking racist!

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Okay then.

That is the point. Of course it went right over your head. Again.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah