Immigrants sent to Mass. from Florida, on taxpayer dime

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Outrage first. Uptake later. It's the democrat way :) And THEN when they DO admit it's an issue they'll insist they were the ones who brought it up in the first place and why haven't the republicans admitted there was an issue all this time?
That's their "calling card" - accuse others for what they are doing! Works every time especially when one says it often enough because it then becomes "fact".

Reactions: The_Foxer

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
That's their "calling card" - accuse others for what they are doing! Works every time especially when one says it often enough because it then becomes "fact".

There isn't a problem. The real problem we should be tackling is systemic racism. Why won't republicans focus on that.

Ok, there might be a TEENY problem but we are OUTRAGED!! OUTRAGED that the republicans are making such a big deal out of it when it's CLEARLY nothing worth mentioning! The Republicans are POUNCING on this!!!!

So this is a problem but we're FURIOUS!!! FURIOUSLY FURIOUS IN OUR FUROR that the REPUBLICANS WOULD ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING TO PROVE THERE"S A PROBLEM!! THEY MUST WANT EVERYONE TO DIE! THEY LOVE SUFFERING!!!

FIne - we'll deal with the problem. But ONLY BECAUSE THE REPUBLICANS IGNORED IT FOR SO LONG. WHICH THEY DID BECAUSE THEY ARE HEARTLESS AND EVIL.

***three weeks later....

There isn't a problem. The real problem we should be tackling is systemic racism. Why won't republicans focus on that.

• Haha
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I read somewhere that Obama's home is 6900 sq. ft. So if one allows 5 sq. ft. per person, he should be able to house 1330 people!! How come he's being so mean?
From post# 56: 6,892-square-foot & that’s their digs in the middle picture in post#72, but it’s not their problem ‘cuz it’s Martha’s Vineyard & not Florida or Texas, etc…because unless these 50 migrants are there to mow the lawns or babysit then leave…they’re not welcome. I get it.

“Here’s your sandwich & don’t be late for the boat. You’ve been voted OFF the island.” They should exclusively be stuck in the Southern Border States where the Border Tzar avoids.
1663520560234.jpeg
Here y'go, Ron. If you find humour in this stunt, this should be a real knee-slapper for ya. . .

View attachment 15737
Seriously? Is this at the Obama’s boat launch or Kamala Harris’s fish pond in her lawn?

Is that why you felt the need to post this? Just how is Martha’s Vineyard any more morally superior to Florida in this Shitty goat rodeo anyway? They’re the same in my eyes and neither are defendable but fill your boots.
This is what's left of "conservatism." Reveling in performative cruelty. In a different country.
This is what's left of "liberalism". Making a commitment and statement about illegal immigrants from a holier-than-thou position as long as it doesn't affect them and losing their effing minds about "those people" when they actually have to deliver on their words.
….At least they're still in the same state and the state is still helping them.

Your ignorance is about as wide as DuhSatan on this, and Abbots from Texas.
The ignorance is on both sides FEDERALLY and is this a state problem or a federal problem here? Who gives a shit who’s helping them as long as they’re getting help? I’m assuming that Florida & Texas & Arizona are still helping other migrants (?), but how many are still on Martha’s Vineyard or is that not a question that should be asked?

Yay on Connecticut for their involuntary charity in housing these 50 Migrants!! Good for them ‘cuz they’re sure as shit not inconveniencing Martha’s Vineyard any longer with their non-capacity to deal with 50 people, but they can handle a Twelve-Fold increase in their total population for Tourist Season? Who are the Freak’n hypocrites here anyway?

For the holier than thou, how is what Florida is doing with respect to Martha’s Vineyard any different from the whole Roxham Road thing….just on a National instead of a state level?
1663522908458.jpeg

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I’m just finding humour where I can, and how many of these migrants planned on staying in southern Republican states anyway? How many of them wanted to go north to democratic states & thought they would have to do it on their own dime?

There's wanting to go north, then being LIED to (You're going to Boston, you're going to... there's a surprise waiting for you! There's jobs, there's housing...) to get them there.

….And Florida helped them get to Connecticut where they’re being helped.

Sure, except that Floriduh should have forewarned MV BEFORE sending them.

Why is this getting a pass from you? Why is their being LIED to getting a pass? Is it okay just because they're immigrants? LEGAL ones at that?

I’m assuming that Florida isn’t a big blanket of only white males, & that is already has immigrants and refugees and multicultural society that elects its representatives in Government to act on its behalf?

Sure, and are they EVER pissed. Venezuelan immigrants already in Florida (100,000 plus) usually votes Republican apparently, but after this? They are pissed.

I don’t have a dog in this hunt, And generally just skim the US political threads so I have a vague conversational understanding, etc…. but I do appreciate a good meme when I see one.

There's good meme's, even I'll chuckle at good ones, but then there's gross ones.

Weird question, but what forewarning does Florida or Texas or Arizona or California get in advance of the arrival of newcomers like Martha’s Vineyard or Kamala Harris’s front lawn received?

You are missing the point... is that on purpose?

They were already in the US, they are here legally, if Florida didn't want to deal with them, or Texas, FINE, but to send them to somewhere else and lie about the entire thing, and not give a heads up is not a fair comparison.

I hope they send many more. Maybe they'll get the hint (altho' I seriously doubt it). It's for thee, not for me mantra that is coming to the fore. Notice they sent them to a military base but MV aren't actually doing the "help". They couldn't be bothered I guess.

They did the help, but I guess you couldn't be bothered to see that, I guess. Also, lying like a good little Brown Lipped Righty makes you so predictable.

You wouldn't know fact if it slapped you in the face.
The ignorance is on both sides FEDERALLY and is this a state problem or a federal problem here?

It's both. Though I agree there's ignorance about this issue all over the place.

Who gives a shit who’s helping them as long as they’re getting help?

It should be like that, but... no.

I’m assuming that Florida & Texas & Arizona are still helping other migrants (?),

Is that cause they're in lockup? Not the same.

but how many are still on Martha’s Vineyard or is that not a question that should be asked?

These people came to the US legally. As I understand it, they are allowed to go wherever they wish after while they wait for their hearings. That said, again, not the point. MV DID what they were supposed to do.

Yay on Connecticut for their involuntary charity in housing these 50 Migrants!!

Considering they're now housed on a base, it's hardly 'involuntary'. Rather they knew they were coming.

Good for them ‘cuz they’re sure as shit not inconveniencing Martha’s Vineyard any longer with their non-capacity to deal with 50 people, but they can handle a Twelve-Fold increase in their total population for Tourist Season? Who are the Freak’n hypocrites here anyway?

That much I'll agree with - the lack of being able to help 50 people for longer than a few days IS suspect. Unless every hotel is full, there is no reason they shouldn't have been able to stay there for a couple more days to at least get settled from this shitshow. Also, just setting up tents (just to appease the idea that being a sanctuary city means somehow NOT what it really means and has people stay on permanently) and saying "here you go, live here for who knows how long"... you think that's okay? Especially going into fall? Really?

But they also did all they were supposed to do. And at least there was no lie moving them.

For the holier than thou, how is what Florida is doing with respect to Martha’s Vineyard any different from the whole Roxham Road thing….just on a National instead of a state level?

It's a difference in that a) no one lied to these people about where they were going. B) it's NATIONAL meaning people did know and are still there to help them with their cases (although to be clear I just got up so I haven't caught up on how things are today so...)

You are missing the point, again.

It's that Florida sent these people on a LIE, on TAXPAYER dime and they are here LEGALLY, not illegally. ALL of that makes what DuhSatan did with these people way, WAY out of line.

For someone not having a dog or caring about the issue, you're okay with having the wrong facts about it...

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Turned out they weren't lied to by Florida, Sounds like martha's might have been a little dishonest but what can you do about that.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
There's wanting to go north, then being LIED to (You're going to Boston, you're going to... there's a surprise waiting for you! There's jobs…..
1663533872937.jpeg
Turned out they weren't lied to by Florida, Sounds like martha's might have been a little dishonest but what can you do about that.

It's that Florida sent these people on a LIE, on TAXPAYER dime and they are here LEGALLY, not illegally. ALL of that makes what DuhSatan did with these people way, WAY out of line.

For someone not having a dog or caring about the issue, you're okay with having the wrong facts about it...
The migrants on Wednesday's planes did not know they were being taken to Martha's Vineyard specifically, according to the legal group helping them.

They were induced to board the planes with "representations of work assistance and immigration relief in Boston," the Lawyers for Civil Rights group said in a news release.
1663533991860.jpeg
So Florida & Texas got these folks 95+% of the way to Boston….so they had less that 5% of the Journey left to go (those lying Florida Bastards!!)….so Martha’s Vineyard stepped up and got them the rest of the way to a military base still in Connecticut because that military base isn’t on Martha’s Vineyard….but it’s also not in Boston. Weird that…

Anyway I’m just looking at this briefly while having a quick break but I’ve got a six-year-old taskmaster who tells me I’ve sat for too long so I’ll have to circle back to this later or maybe not at all. We’ll see what time allows.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
View attachment 15743

The migrants on Wednesday's planes did not know they were being taken to Martha's Vineyard specifically, according to the legal group helping them.

Right. They were told Boston, a lie.

They were induced to board the planes with "representations of work assistance and immigration relief in Boston," the Lawyers for Civil Rights group said in a news release.

Yes, which was a lie.

View attachment 15744
So Florida & Texas got these folks 95+% of the way to Boston….

No.

They were IN Florida already, because Florida has the largest community of Venezuelan's in the US. Being there under asylum request, they are allowed travel. But once they got to Florida, they were told "No you can't be here, but we'll send you to Boston!" Which we know is a lie. "You'll have jobs." A lie. "Houses." A lie. "A present." That was partly true, the present was the lies they told and no one was there on site to help them. They had to scramble to do so.

so they had less that 5% of the Journey left to go (those lying Florida Bastards!!)….

Yes, exactly; well on the "Those lying Florida Bastards" part anyway.

so Martha’s Vineyard stepped up and got them the rest of the way to a military base still in Connecticut because that military base isn’t on Martha’s Vineyard….but it’s also not in Boston. Weird that…

Yes, weird, because Boston was NEVER the destination for them.

MV was picked, likely, due to the rich people there and the Republican belief that Sanctuary City and Sanctuary Destination means "keep them forever", and also in the hopes that sending the 'brown people' north would piss people off. This was MEANT to prove that 1. such places aren't set up to help immigrants (which if they have no notice, sure; and trying to compare it to a border area that is KNOWN for immigration is a stupid slipper slope) 2. Republicans in the south are complete fucking pieces of garbage to anyone regardless of legality of being in the US because if they come from the south of the border, they assume (and in so doing, show their racism). 3. Republicans in the North at least give a BIT of a shit about immigrants and asylum seekers. 4. The border/immigration issue IS a national issue that needs to be fucking solved, but neither side wants to do the job of it.

Anyway I’m just looking at this briefly while having a quick break but I’ve got a six-year-old taskmaster who tells me I’ve sat for too long so I’ll have to circle back to this later or maybe not at all. We’ll see what time allows.

Have fun with the 6 year old taskmaster! (I miss those days with my niece)

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Ugh….he & I….for over 8 hours….with his energy level….damn. I’m beat. We accomplished a solid 3-4 hours of stuff in that 8 hours though….that would have taken another adult with him 12 hours & heavy medication.

Least you could put his energy to good use. And maybe he learned something in the process.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Least you could put his energy to good use. And maybe he learned something in the process.
We where fixing some Facia on the garage today & he learned that he’s not overly comfortable on a ladder using an impact drill (but he was doing it). Couple weeks ago we put up a lattice privacy wall, & later that day we where chewing out Bush stumps ahead of a fencing crew at a Buddys place.

I’ve had him using drills, sawsall, side grinder, loppers & other pruning tools, etc over the last couple months. Tin snips, spray paint, & all manner of things most 6 year olds shouldn’t even go near (safely, under supervision, with overdone safety precautions, etc…He’s so eager, & though it’s a bit overwhelming we’re making it work.

Today his fascination was on a cordless Milwaukee shop vac (two full batteries worth). Cutting Rebar & making lots of sparks is Impressive to a boy that age, but a shop vac? Whatever….

Reactions: Serryah

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Back in the 50s and 60s, the Klan launched a program of "Reverse Freedom Rides." They'd offer one-way bus tickets to northern cities to Black people, with false promises of jobs and housing. They enjoyed "owning the libs" and humiliating black people.

So DuhSantis and Abbott are not only racist assholes completely out of ideas, they're not even original.

Of course, taking a page out of the Klan playbook will make you a hero in today's Republican Party and on CanCon.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Back in the 50s and 60s, the Klan launched a program of "Reverse Freedom Rides." They'd offer one-way bus tickets to northern cities to Black people, with false promises of jobs and housing. They enjoyed "owning the libs" and humiliating black people.

So DuhSantis and Abbott are not only racist assholes completely out of ideas, they're not even original.

Of course, taking a page out of the Klan playbook will make you a hero in today's Republican Party and on CanCon.

I actually heard about that the other day. It's insane that this is history repeating itself.

But then, history tends to be a subject best forgotten by many, especially those in the South US and racists.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I actually heard about that the other day. It's insane that this is history repeating itself.

But then, history tends to be a subject best forgotten by many, especially those in the South US and racists.
And therefore the one they cling to hardest, once they fictionalise it enough to tell themselves they're heroes, not "suckers and losers," to quote a former U.S. president .