Harper's disturbing narcissism on display in Parliament

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We are????

Yes we are. Well perhaps you freeloaders are not but the rest of us really do not have anything to complain about. The economy is doing reasonably well. interest rates are low, bit by bit the excesses of government are being cut back, taxes are slowly coming down. The Long Gun Registry has been eliminated. What more do you want?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Yes we are. Well perhaps you freeloaders are not but the rest of us really do not have anything to complain about. The economy is doing reasonably well. interest rates are low, bit by bit the excesses of government are being cut back, taxes are slowly coming down. The Long Gun Registry has been eliminated. What more do you want?

Some H. Salt fish 'n' chips....

...from an injured worker, once employed by the Province until that day, now lumped among the "freeloaders" by people but for the Grace of good fortune go they

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Some H. Salt fish 'n' chips....

...from an injured worker, once employed by the Province until that day, now lumped among the "freeloaders" by people but for the Grace of good fortune go they
Not only am I a freeloader because of my injuries, but now I'm a parasite because I'm 66. The only advise I ever gave my son was, "Don't let the assholes get you down."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Learn to read English. As I said, there is nothing you can teach me about these topics.

There is a huge difference between someone NOT being able to teach you something and having nothing more to learn! :lol: The latter is the epitome of arrogance! :lol:

Not only am I a freeloader because of my injuries, but now I'm a parasite because I'm 66. The only advise I ever gave my son was, "Don't let the assholes get you down."

Or "don't let them get at your a$$hole by getting you down! :smile:

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
Well so far we are doing much better under Harper than we did under the two Liberal predecessors.

By what measure?

Over 150 Canadians dead in a war that was probably pointless and never what the Conservative government kept telling us it was, most of the time in contradiction to what Canadian officials on the ground there were saying. That war alone cost many billions and as NATO is already talking about leaving and the Karzi government is as corrupt and hated as ever that means a return to the same conditions or worse than when we went in there. The Liberals may have taken us in, Harper turned it into a Conservative crusade.

If you believe the industry hype then the tar sands are the best thing that ever happened to Canada, if you look at the science they could be the worst. The total cost to all of us could be incalcuble.

On the democratic front we've been completely hosed by the Conservatives, they don't even pretend to respect out traditions or laws anymore. Some Conservative supporters like to pretend that the Robocall scandal is no big deal, but it involved thousands of calls, often illegally mascarading as Elections Canada, to try and prevent thousands of non-conservative supporters from voting in many of the closest races. It used proprietary Conservative data bases, Conservative affiliated media companies, has been traced to Conservative campaign workers and in some cases tried to shift the blame to the Liberals by including their phone numbers on the calls. It's prety clear it was an extensive and well co-ordinated campaign, who else has even come close to trying something like this? The Liberals had a few robocall programs in a limited number of ridings that while not directly atributed to them, didn't try and deceive voters into not voting at all. If you got a robocall saying the local CPC candidate was a nincompoop, you'd have a good idea of who it came from and why and still go off and vote your choice. If you were an identified non-Conservative supporter and got a robocall that said it was from Elections Canada(illegally) and that due to high voter volumn your polling station had been changed, due to confusion you might not even vote at all, the clear intent.

The big difference between the Conservatives and the Liberals is, some Liberals took advantage of the inevitable chaos that takes place in any political system(especially with the sovereignty fight here) to abuse the system. The Conservatives on the other hand have turned abusing the system into Standard Operating Procedure.

We have way less accountability, choice and control over our political system now, most of the time we don't even know what's going on behind the scenes and our PM has structured it that way. Even if he was the most moral person in the world(which obviously he isn't) depriving us of one of the most important checks in any democratic system weakens the entire system.

Last edited:

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
There is a huge difference between someone NOT being able to teach you something and having nothing more to learn! :lol: The latter is the epitome of arrogance! :lol:

Or "don't let them get at your a$$hole by getting you down! :smile:
I learn every day. My mind never stops seeking information and knowledge, but, more importantly the wisdom to use it productively and for the benefit of all.

Show me what the Bear can teach me with his style. It might be intersting to read hum if he ever says something. He seems to be intelligent enough but he has an aversion to using that intelligence for civil conversation.

For those above who say that we are doing better under the PC, it would be useful to know in what way. Again, I see nothing but unsubstantiated assertions.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
By what measure?

Over 150 Canadians dead in a war that was probably pointless and never what the Conservative government kept telling us it was, most of .

You don't quit until you have both feet in your month plus two or three hands. That war was started under the Liberal regime, nothing to do with Conservatives! Perhaps there is a course in Canadian History 1 in your area! :lol:

For those above who say that we are doing better under the PC, it would be useful to know in what way. Again, I see nothing but unsubstantiated assertions.

For me personally about $2000 annually less income tax, about $6 a day. I'll take it. :smile:

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
You don't quit until you have both feet in your month plus two or three hands. That war was started under the Liberal regime, nothing to do with Conservatives! Perhaps there is a course in Canadian History 1 in your area! :lol:

It's amazing how after six years Conservatives still blame the Liberals for everything, it's pathalogical.

When the Conservatives took power- and responsibility- in Canada I think less than ten Canadians had died in Afghanistan.

After they took over we entered heavy combat and we got nothng but constant BS from Harper and his government about what was going on over there. We were informed about how democratic the Karzi government was, it isn't and never was, we were misinformed about what was happening to detainees the Canadians caught then turned over to the local authorities, something that may have set our troops up for retaliation attacks and in the end we were completely BS'd on the propects for success. It wasn't the Liberals lying to us over those years so many Canadians were dying and so much money was being spent, it was the Conservatives. You can't have it both ways, you can't take power and lie your asses off about the facts and then claim it was someone elses fault.

The Liberals never should have taken us into that war and Steven Harper shouldn't have turned our part of it into his own personal crusade.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It's amazing how after six years Conservatives still blame the Liberals for everything, it's pathalogical.

When the Conservatives took power- and responsibility- in Canada I think less than ten Canadians had died in Afghanistan.

After they took over we entered heavy combat and we got nothng but constant BS from Harper and his government about what was going on over there. We were informed about how democratic the Karzi government was, it isn't and never was, we were misinformed about what was happening to detainees the Canadians caught then turned over to the local authorities, something that may have set our troops up for retaliation attacks and in the end we were completely BS'd on the propects for success. It wasn't the Liberals lying to us over those years so many Canadians were dying and so much money was being spent, it was the Conservatives. You can't have it both ways, you can't take power and lie your asses off about the facts and then claim it was someone elses fault.

The Liberals never should have taken us into that war and Steven Harper shouldn't have turned our part of it into his own personal crusade.

Should we be part of NATO, or not?