Gun Control is Completely Useless.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Going to jail, directly to jail should be the result of getting caught with a unregistered, unlicensed firearm. The sentence for using a firearm in the commission of any crime should be two to three times that if the act was committed without a firearm.

Not a particulary well thought out statement!

Bremusa

Nominee Member
Dec 29, 2012
The seventh time:

THERE IS NO RIGHT TO SAFETY.

That seems a little abstract .
Who says there is a right to safety and who says there is no right to safety but colpy?
If there were, there could not be cars, or trucks, or buses, there could not be knives, there could not be matches, there could not be snow boards, there could not be cigarettes, there could not be alcohol, there could not be stairs, or ice cream, or beef, or sharpened sticks, or cleaners, or pencils, or , most importantly FREEDOM of any type, because all these things are DANGEROUS, and are a threat to your safety.

Besides cigarettes ,these are all inanimate objects which on there own have absolutely no inherent intrinsic quality associated with safety.

Sounds like acid is your prime med.

RIGHTs are limitations on the ability of gov't to rule. They always apply to individuals.

That totally depends on what side of Parliament you speaking from.

Collective rights are the antitheses of individual rights. The two can not coexist.

Again abstract acid statements .

How can you take the individual out of the collective with four easy hits of acid.

If you think women will change this, then our future is a hellhole of tyranny, a Nanny State gone mad, and the worst error ever made in western civilization was giving women the vote.

I see a childhood bereft of kindness. Now I see why your first post towards my person was one of rudeness from you.

Therapy should be your prime concern.
Ah well, the society you dream of, built on the Nanny-state and feminine values of collective rights could not exist long....it would be destroyed utterly by some male-dominated culture, and you will find yourself in a burqua, an education forbidden to you, bearing many little warriors for your Master.........and dreaming of liberty.

Try Scrabble or something other than listening to those little voices in your head colpy.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Who says there is a right to safety and who says there is no right to safety but colpy?

Besides cigarettes ,these are all inanimate objects which on there own have absolutely no inherent intrinsic quality associated with safety.

Sounds like acid is your prime med.

That totally depends on what side of Parliament you speaking from.

Again abstract acid statements .

How can you take the individual out of the collective with four easy hits of acid.

I see a childhood bereft of kindness. Now I see why your first post towards my person was one of rudeness from you.

Therapy should be your prime concern.

Try Scrabble or something other than listening to those little voices in your head colpy.

You're an idiot.

Don't waste my time.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Actually, Colpy is dead right on this one. It would be impossible to guarantee safety, so it's impossible to be a "right". But we have the next best thing..............a brain. We can use seat belts, we can slow down in icy conditions, we can cut away from ourselves, we can look both ways before crossing the street, we can wear a life jacket and take a baler when going out in the boat, we can wear safety gear when engaging in sports, we can wear a condom!

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Actually, Bermusa is right (Canada's Bill of rights)
1. It is hereby recognized and declared that in Canada there have existed and shall continue to exist without discrimination by reason of race, national origin, colour, religion or sex, the following human rights and fundamental freedoms, namely,
  • (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof except by due process of law;
  • (b) the right of the individual to equality before the law and the protection of the law;
  • (c) freedom of religion;
  • (d) freedom of speech;
  • (e) freedom of assembly and association; and
  • (f) freedom of the press.

Bremusa

Nominee Member
Dec 29, 2012
You're an idiot.

Don't waste my time.
Why thank you kindly.
Coming from you thats a compliment.

You are a hoot,I love your new twist on Abstract Pseudo Intellectualist Jabberwocky.

Was it hard to perfect?

Bremusa

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Actually, Bermusa is right (Canada's Bill of rights)

1. It is hereby recognized and declared that in Canada there have existed and shall continue to exist without discrimination by reason of race, national origin, colour, religion or sex, the following human rights and fundamental freedoms, namely,
  • (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof except by due process of law;
  • (b) the right of the individual to equality before the law and the protection of the law;
  • (c) freedom of religion;
  • (d) freedom of speech;
  • (e) freedom of assembly and association; and
  • (f) freedom of the press.

"security of the person" and "safety" are two completely different concepts.

Please google "security of the person"..............

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
"security of the person" and "safety" are two completely different concepts.

Please google "security of the person"..............
A person is a legal entity, an asset of the corporation of Canada. It is not a human being.The name on all your official government issued ID is that of a legal person with the name spelled all in capital letters. The name of a human is spelled with a capital letter followed by lower case letters. The Charter only guaranties the security of a legal entity created by the government. Humans are not guarantied security.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The Canadian bill of Rights is the promise to the citizens of Canada that laws passed and enforced will reflect that social contract between government and governed. Life, liberty, and security of person can indeed and in practice promise that safety is a goal of legislation. Safety cannot be guaranteed but it is a right.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The Canadian bill of Rights is the promise to the citizens of Canada that laws passed and enforced will reflect that social contract between government and governed. Life, liberty, and security of person can indeed and in practice promise that safety is a goal of legislation. Safety cannot be guaranteed but it is a right.

Baloney.

"Security of the person" refers to the right to be free from torture and cruel and unusual punishment, and to be granted the rights of habeas corpus when imprisoned.

It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with safety.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A person is a legal entity, an asset of the corporation of Canada. It is not a human being.The name on all your official government issued ID is that of a legal person with the name spelled all in capital letters. The name of a human is spelled with a capital letter followed by lower case letters. The Charter only guaranties the security of a legal entity created by the government. Humans are not guarantied security.

Sounds like the f**kin' bureaucrats have been at "work".-:)

Here's some food for thought...

Julio Gonzalez | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

87 dead, and not a bullet in sight.

Enjoy.

Gotta love those American sentences.............4350 years!!!!!!!!!! Just to be safe when he does die they should also bury him face down!

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
bluebyrd, you never did give any negatives to armed cops being in some Canadian schools for over 40 years. Why not?

Mostly because I read exactly what they do. They do NOT stand around checking the kids or visitors for arms. In most provinces police personel are required to wear guns while on duty. Now, according to what was presented, they were in the schools not to guard the school nor to watch for weapons but to educate. This is done to build rapport and to teach; not to protect the school/kids. This is done presently in most schools. Good grief, when I went to school in Montreal, that was done! And they wore their guns.

Have you thought of the cost if they were there to guard and protect? My elementary school had six doors which were left unlocked during the school day. The polyvalent in the small town where I presently live, has at least 8 doors.

So far this morning, here in Florida, a mother and her child, on their way to a child care were shot in a drive by shooting. Just a fun morning for someone. Yesterday there were two shootings. This is normal in this state. . This is how many disputes are settled here.

There are many other posts I would luv to answer but I have a life again finally and I intend to enjoy every bit of it.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
mostly because i read exactly what they do. They do not stand around checking the kids or visitors for arms. In most provinces police personel are required to wear guns while on duty. Now, according to what was presented, they were in the schools not to guard the school nor to watch for weapons but to educate. This is done to build rapport and to teach; not to protect the school/kids. This is done presently in most schools. Good grief, when i went to school in montreal, that was done! And they wore their guns.

Have you thought of the cost if they were there to guard and protect? My elementary school had six doors which were left unlocked during the school day. The polyvalent in the small town where i presently live, has at least 8 doors.

So far this morning, here in florida, a mother and her child, on their way to a child care were shot in a drive by shooting. Just a fun morning for someone. Yesterday there were two shootings. This is normal in this state. . This is how many disputes are settled here.

There are many other posts i would luv to answer but i have a life again finally and i intend to enjoy every bit of it.

if only the police are permitted to pack guns in schools or elsewhere for that matter how do you propose to protect yourself from the police?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Baloney.

"Security of the person" refers to the right to be free from torture and cruel and unusual punishment, and to be granted the rights of habeas corpus when imprisoned.

It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with safety.
Life, liberty and security of person as a collective most certainly does.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
So far this morning, here in Florida, a mother and her child, on their way to a child care were shot in a drive by shooting. Just a fun morning for someone. Yesterday there were two shootings. This is normal in this state. . .

Yet you keep going there:roll:
Go to Cuba instead......only the police have guns?????