Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Woman Shoots Intruder Who Broke In, Defends Her Children | Weasel Zippers

Just one of the millions of defensive uses of guns. Anyone want to tell this woman she shouldn’t have defended her children?

Via WSBTV in Georgia:
A woman hiding in her attic with children shot an intruder multiple times before fleeing to safety Friday.

The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.

But the man eventually found the family.

“The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he’s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,” Chapman told Channel 2′s Kerry Kavanaugh.

Keep reading…

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Woman Shoots Intruder Who Broke In, Defends Her Children | Weasel Zippers

Just one of the millions of defensive uses of guns. Anyone want to tell this woman she shouldn’t have defended her children?

Via WSBTV in Georgia:
A woman hiding in her attic with children shot an intruder multiple times before fleeing to safety Friday.

The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.

But the man eventually found the family.

“The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he’s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,” Chapman told Channel 2′s Kerry Kavanaugh.

Keep reading…

There was no self defense in this at all.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
There was no self defense in this at all.

Right.

Habitual criminal breaks into home where there are a woman and children.

He has a crowbar.

They retreat as far as possible and hide.

He finds them in an attic.

She confronts him with a gun.

She shoots him in the front, not the back.

If this isn't self-defense, there is no such thing as self-defense.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Right.

Habitual criminal breaks into home where there are a woman and children.

He has a crowbar.

They retreat as far as possible and hide.

He finds them in an attic.

She confronts him with a gun.

She shoots him in the front, not the back.

If this isn't self-defense, there is no such thing as self-defense.

excessive force.

She confronts him with a gun, he refuses to back down and threatens physical harm..... then it's self defense. What she did was an execution.... but...... I know I know..... big black n*gger breakin into ma house.... only thing ya can do is shoot the basterd.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Now there is a full retreat!

There is no right to safety, there never has been a right to safety, the very idea of a right to safety is idiotic.

End of story.

No retreat at all. Just because there are breaches of free speech, or assembly, does not mean they are not fundamental rights. Rights can be breached. It is government's role to defend against these breaches.

O, I understand why you do not wish to admit "The right to life, liberty, and the security of person" implies right to personal safety. You are afraid that this right will be used to limit possession of certain firearms and to reintroduce a registry.

I am not against possession of firearms for hunting or sport. I own firearms. But, the state has an obligation to oversee distrubution, ownership, and use. And, a shirking of this responsibility is a breach of the social compact.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No retreat at all. Just because there are breaches of free speech, or assembly, does not mean they are not fundamental rights. Rights can be breached. It is government's role to defend against these breaches.

O, I understand why you do not wish to admit "The right to life, liberty, and the security of person" implies right to personal safety. You are afraid that this right will be used to limit possession of certain firearms and to reintroduce a registry.

I am not against possession of firearms for hunting or sport. I own firearms. But, the state has an obligation to oversee distrubution, ownership, and use. And, a shirking of this responsibility is a breach of the social compact.

And how well has the government performed at removing prohibited automatic weapons from the hands of criminals?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
excessive force.

She confronts him with a gun, he refuses to back down and threatens physical harm..... then it's self defense. What she did was an execution.... but...... I know I know..... big black n*gger breakin into ma house.... only thing ya can do is shoot the basterd.

Sometimes your posts are simply incredibly stupid. Picture an attic. CLOSE quarters. The MAN is armed with a crowbar, the woman with a revolver.........he did NOT turn and flee, she is in immediate danger of death or grievous bodily harm, and can not retreat further. Even in Canada, this would be a completely legitimate shooting.

He has a weapon. (a crowbar) He has a delivery system. (his hands at close range) He has demonstrated intent. (he followed them into the attic)

Those are the three checks.

One

Two

Three

Shoot him.

I TAUGHT this stuff.......

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
In most cases I would say over-kill (no pun intended) but buddy kept going even with all of the bullets lodged in him. And frankly I never did understand why I have read in the past that if they only fire once it's self defense but if they fire multiple times it is murder. If I had a gun (untrained) and felt my life was threatened I would keep shooting, I think it is a natural instinct to just keep pulling on the trigger. Pulling once shows logic pull multiple times is sheer fear and emotion.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
excessive force.

Nobody died. Relax.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
In most cases I would say over-kill (no pun intended) but buddy kept going even with all of the bullets lodged in him. And frankly I never did understand why I have read in the past that if they only fire once it's self defense but if they fire multiple times it is murder. If I had a gun (untrained) and felt my life was threatened I would keep shooting, I think it is a natural instinct to just keep pulling on the trigger. Pulling once shows logic pull multiple times is sheer fear and emotion.

You are correct. Once you start shooting, you keep shooting until the threat has ceased.

Bremusa

Nominee Member
Dec 29, 2012
Now there is a full retreat!

There is no right to safety, there never has been a right to safety, the very idea of a right to safety is idiotic.

End of story.
Actually your the only guy pushing this right to safety gag.

You introduce this inane subject, and express a concept in this manner.
It's beyond strawman trolling.

Are you bored?
Is it the way you type you like it, it makes you feel intelligent on your screen.

You get lost in space , space out and then fly off the handle on people.
Your a hoot.

lol

Bremusa

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Actually your the only guy pushing this right to safety gag.

You introduce this inane subject, and express a concept in this manner.
It's beyond strawman trolling.

Are you bored?
Is it the way you type you like it, it makes you feel intelligent on your screen.

You get lost in space , space out and then fly off the handle on people.
Your a hoot.

lol

Bremusa

I already told you...you're an idiot. Don't waste my time.

Bremusa

Nominee Member
Dec 29, 2012
I already told you...you're an idiot. Don't waste my time.

Ahhh the arrogance from the space cadet.
All puffed up, computer connected to the internet, armed and at the ready.
Hells Bells he gets to troll.

Like I said your a hoot, and I shall enjoy reminding you what you are.

When you can be honest to yourself , about why you try to bully online,you might find peace.

Bremusa

You are correct. Once you start shooting, you keep shooting until the threat has ceased.

Wow look at the big brain on colpy.
And he did it all by himself.

Bremusa

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
And how well has the government performed at removing prohibited automatic weapons from the hands of criminals?

Not too badly really in Canada. There was another shooting here this evening. That makes 4 in Florida alone!! Since, I have listerned to only two news broadcasts, perhaps there were more. How many people were shot in the whole of Canada today??

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not too badly really in Canada. There was another shooting here this evening. That makes 4 in Florida alone!! Since, I have listerned to only two news broadcasts, perhaps there were more. How many people were shot in the whole of Canada today??

Who knows?????????? We do it fast and get rid of the evidence! -:)