Gerald Stanley Not Guilty

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If you look back a dozen posts, you'll see photos of some idiot's beloved rifle. A few of you guys arm yourselves for just such an opportunity to kill some intruder. You are sick monsters.

Weren't you supposed to be a member of the armed forces whose job it is to go kill people in other lands? Hypocrite much? Or was that just another internet lie?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What about Stanley's family? Are they not culpable in the shooting by letting their hothead father have a loaded weapon?

Dumb f**king post! Oops I just should have said "I disagree". :)

It never was about race until some racists tried to make it so. Basically a false flag.

I'm wondering if in another week we'll hear much more about this case as I think the outrage was mainly a knee jerk reaction with very little validity. I think the biggest 'villain' in this drama is our illustrious Prime Minister, who with a few words has made a mockery of our justice system. I think one of our basic rights in this country is to be able to enjoy freedom on our own property without threat from uninvited intruders.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
4 people not just 1 walked away from the Courthouse without a conviction.

What are the odds Stanley will reoffend and what the odds the 3 who sold there Souls to the Crown will reoffend?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
What about Stanley's family? Are they not culpable in the shooting by letting their hothead father have a loaded weapon?
Wow, that's two amazingly stupid posts you've made in one thread. I don't know that makes you so stupid but it sure is working for you.

I'm sorry, but your post is completely incorrect as it concerns the Mini 14.

The 18 1/2 inch barreled version of the Ruger Mini 14 is completely unrestricted in Canada unless it is put in a bullpup stock.

Handiest rifle known to man. I've owned on since 1978.
Um no. My post is entirely correct. The first picture shows a mini-14 that is completely unrestricted. The mini-14 in the second pic is indeed a restricted weapon in Canada. But even the 18 1/2 inch barreled "ranch rifle" version becomes a prohibited weapon when you add a folding stock if it brings the total rifle length to less than 26".

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
If you look back a dozen posts, you'll see photos of some idiot's beloved rifle. A few of you guys arm yourselves for just such an opportunity to kill some intruder. You are sick monsters.

You clearly have no idea about rural life.

Here is an interesting article on Colten's Uncle his Mom's brother I wonder if this had any influence on Colten's upbringing

Murder suspects in court

SASKATOON (Staff) – One of two men charged in the double slaying at a farmhouse in northwest Saskatchewan was scheduled to appear in a North Battleford court this week.
Colin Leonard Baptist, 23, was expected to appear in provincial court Nov. 2 at 9 a.m. Details of his appearance were not available at press time.
The other suspect, Ron Francis Coldwell, 22, is slated to appear in North Battleford provincial court Nov. 14.
Each is charged with two counts of first degree murder after two men were found shot to death in a farmhouse near Cando.
Dead are Gordon Tetarenko of Cando and Bryan Kipp of North Battleford.
RCMP reported they have the murder weapon, and said Tetarenko and Kipp died instantly from rifle shots. They were found in separate bedrooms of Tetarenko’s house. The pair were both bachelors and Kipp was visiting the small town.
The crimes were discovered on Oct. 16 when a relative of Tetarenko saw the dog lying dead in the yard.

Also the Mrs. was cruising facebook and came across Colten's memorial page which happens to be his facebook account with a lot of posts about targets to rob and about being like a gangster, the Mrs. read them to me this morning I have no idea on the validity of them.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The racism part is what has happened since the shooting.

If you think First Nations people get the same treatment from the law and the same justice from the courts you are blind.

No indians were on trial here.

NO. He has a right to protect his property and family. WHy didn't the police catch these drunks while they were driving around? Had that happened no one would have died.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You clearly have no idea about rural life.

Here is an interesting article on Colten's Uncle his Mom's brother I wonder if this had any influence on Colten's upbringing

Murder suspects in court

Also the Mrs. was cruising facebook and came across Colten's memorial page which happens to be his facebook account with a lot of posts about targets to rob and about being like a gangster, the Mrs. read them to me this morning I have no idea on the validity of them.
I'm anxious to start building our retirement house on the farm but because of the needle drugs, meth alcohol and violence around Slamsack, my wife won't work in the Sunrise Health Region. Regina runs her raged as it is.

I said it before. Nobody is going to miss a gangbanger. Especially in one of the most violent cities and regions in Canada.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

when you live on a farm a rifle is a tool. AN essential too. DRunk kids do not need one to drive around unless they are looking for trouble. Don't try and shift the blame to an innocent farmer who was only trying to protect his family and property against an invasion by armed drunks.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
when you live on a farm a rifle is a tool. AN essential too. DRunk kids do not need one to drive around unless they are looking for trouble. Don't try and shift the blame to an innocent farmer who was only trying to protect his family and property against an invasion by armed drunks.

It can take up to 40 minutes for a cop to get from one end of their region to the other.

You HAVE TO be armed.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
It can take up to 40 minutes for a cop to get from one end of their region to the other.

You HAVE TO be armed.

You're lucky that you are close it takes over an hour on average to get here, and we are only 45 min. away from the closest detachment.

We've had windows shot out of a truck once parked in our pasture, and the RCMP showed up the next day lol

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I'd take a Winchester 1894 over the Ruger any day.

And I wouldn't argue the point.

But here in NB you can only carry a .30 cal in deer or bear season, while less than .23 caliber is legal in the woods anytime.....with a varmit license.

The Mini goes everywhere with me

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You're lucky that you are close it takes over an hour on average to get here, and we are only 45 min. away from the closest detachment.

We've had windows shot out of a truck once parked in our pasture, and the RCMP showed up the next day lol

HB or Preeceville?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

But here in NB you can only carry a .30 cal in deer or bear season, while less than .23 caliber is legal in the woods anytime.....with a varmit license.

.24 cal. in Sask. for big game but same we carry .22 mag. and 223 around for varmints

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Any Saskatchewan resident may use any legal means to hunt Raccoon, Skunk, Rabbit, Coyote, and Beaver (in some Rural Municipalities) year-round, without a licence (W 13.1 REG 1-4(1) and 32(3)).

Boar is open now too. If you paperwork is good, the options for large bore are available.

.24 cal. in Sask. for big game but same we carry .22 mag. and 223 around for varmints

I still use a .410

Boar is wide open.

Wild Boar in Saskatchewan
(Photo credit – The Current on CBC – May 2013)

Recently, attention has been drawn to the problem of wild/feral boar roaming and breeding quickly throughout the prairies. As people get their gun licenses, they often ask us for more information on wild boar.

Hunting boar in Saskatchewan requires only permission from the landowner or RM itself. Hunters must comply with all federal firearms regulations, as well as provincial and municipal laws regarding firearm use and hunting practices.

In order to a gun to shoot boar, you need a valid PAL (gun license), or you need to be under the direct supervision of an individual with a PAL (within arm’s reach of the person). Importantly, you can only hunt game in Canada with Non-Restricted Firearms (most rifles and shotguns).

You do not need the Saskatchewan Hunter Safety Course to hunt boar (hunting defined pests does not require this), but you do need to follow Saskatchewan’s Wildlife Act rules. Despite this, RGSL recommends all hunters take the Saskatchewan Hunter Safety Course from a S.A.F.E. instructor to learn about hunting ethics, game identification and more intrinsic hunting ethos.

https://rgsl.ca/wild-boar-in-saskatchewan/

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I'm sorry, but your post is completely incorrect as it concerns the Mini 14.

The 18 1/2 inch barreled version of the Ruger Mini 14 is completely unrestricted in Canada unless it is put in a bullpup stock.

You know what is prohibited? A fully loaded .22 cal. Rifle with no stock like the one found in the suv that day. Improper transport of a prohibited weapon is a very serious charge in this country.