FBI Raids Former President Donald Trump’s Home

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A little information of why things stay classified for years.

Thirty years is the standard. After that, all classified material is reviewed and automatically de-classified unless the reviewing authority deems it to still be important to keep it classified. Typically, things that would have their classifications renewed would be things that would reveal "sources and methods" that are still valid and producing information.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
A little information of why things stay classified for years

And it's very interesting, but i feel like it still sidesteps the issue. If you feel something should be declassified then go through the process and declassify it - but if there is a law saying 'don't take classified stuff', then you still can't do that regardless of whether or not you approve of the classification or not.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
And it's very interesting, but i feel like it still sidesteps the issue.

No, this was more for 'information as to why things may be classified', and also as a generic post to prove Tucker is a fucking dipshit trying to make more trouble for everyone.

If you feel something should be declassified then go through the process and declassify it

True.

- but if there is a law saying 'don't take classified stuff', then you still can't do that regardless of whether or not you approve of the classification or not.

Also true; but you won't get Trump Supporters to agree with that.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Thanks for the example of false equivalence.

Of course, we know that in whatever you use for a mind, these people are WRONG and HORRIBLE and ANTI-AMERICAN, but the guy who ordered his minions to attack the United States Congress to keep him in power is your true leader.
I was not aware Biden is anyones true leader.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No, this was more for 'information as to why things may be classified', and also as a generic post to prove Tucker is a fucking dipshit trying to make more trouble for everyone.

True.

Also true; but you won't get Trump Supporters to agree with that.
Does the President of the United States of America have the power to declassify documents ?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
It doesn't matter how much Trump supporters try to spin this; in every which way, this looks BAD for Trump.

The only thing that isn't known is how soon he won't be held accountable for it, nor how soon we'll find out how he won't see jail time for this.
Well we can probably make a few educated guesses - how long did it go on for hillary?

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
That's the thing. If Trump is guilty, so be it. However, when others like Hillary et all are given passes, which they have been...it shows that they are only after certain people....Not right.
Agreed?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
That's the thing. If Trump is guilty, so be it. However, when others like Hillary et all are given passes, which they have been...it shows that they are only after certain people....Not right.
Agreed?

Given passes?

So you forget just how long she was under investigation, by both parties, and personally interviewed about the issue in question?

I'm no Clinton fan and if she had been found to have done wrong I'd be all for the 'lock her up' crowd. But after years of looking into it, including the Republicans trying, and finding nothing... seriously, Frozen that shit already (ie, let it go).

Reactions: mentalfloss