Do You or Do You Not Support Muslim Immigration to Canada?

Should Muslim Immigration to Canada be Curbed?

• Yes

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
The population of Muslims in Canada has been doubling in Canada every decade since the 1960s. Mostly through immigration but a growing number of births and conversions are helping to propel Canada on a trajectory that would see Muslims reach 50%+1 of the population somewhere around 2050. A long way off from the perspective of the roughly 3.8% that we currently sit at.

Do you or do you not support Muslim immigration to Canada? If you do support it, why and what percentage of the population do you believe should be Muslim?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think all immigration should be balanced. We should not be taking all one religion or gender or race. But I have no idea how you would regulate that without being blatantly discriminatory.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm sure many European descendents in Canada feel the same way aboriginals felt when the Europeans made up 3.8% of the population and were breeding like rats and immigrating by the ship load.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Now making choices like this comes with a Pandora's Box of problems
How do we determine a good Muslim from a bad one.
How about a good Christian from a bad one
Or worse someone with no political or religious affiliation at all.
Let us understand we cannot just keep people out or let them in based on
these credentials. Immigration and refugees are different things as well.
We need to have the discussion about who should and should not be in
though but what are the perimeters

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Muslims are the most expensive immigrants to Canada.

On a per capita basis, those of the Muslim faith make up the largest prison population of any of the other religions. Somewhere around 7% Christians around 3%.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I'm sure many European descendents in Canada feel the same way aboriginals felt when the Europeans made up 3.8% of the population and were breeding like rats and immigrating by the ship load.

Everyone's gotta come from somewhere, but if you insist on 'the first' as being some kind of ownership, I suppose that 'the first' person that crossed the land bridge from Asia is the 'sole owner' of Canada..... You'll note that this excludes the vast majority of people that identify as FNs

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The population of Muslims in Canada has been doubling in Canada every decade since the 1960s. Mostly through immigration but a growing number of births and conversions are helping to propel Canada on a trajectory that would see Muslims reach 50%+1 of the population somewhere around 2050. A long way off from the perspective of the roughly 3.8% that we currently sit at.

Do you or do you not support Muslim immigration to Canada? If you do support it, why and what percentage of the population do you believe should be Muslim?

A non-Muslim could just as easily immigrate and then convert just as a Muslim could immigrate and the leave the faith. Native Canadians can adopt Islam too. How do you control all of this? Then there is the UDHR, Article 2 for those who believe in human rights.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No I don't think that was the case at all . Was the native population one homogeneous piece ? If not why do you keep portraying it as such ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Immigration should be limited to people that bring skills Canada can use. Basically medicine, engineering and trades. We got enough home grown fry cooks for rotten ronnies.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
A non-Muslim could just as easily immigrate and then convert just as a Muslim could immigrate and the leave the faith. Native Canadians can adopt Islam too. How do you control all of this?

We could start by shutting down tax funded madrasas and forcing Muslim kids to assimilate. We could continue by putting controls in place to not allow anyone into this country that can't sit through a televised gay pride parade without condemning them all to the lake of fire. We could ban all religious symbols in all public spaces including the burqa and hajib. We could stop cutting Muslims so much media slack and start ripping them apart the same way we would if it were intolerant and demanding Christian Baptists or Pentecostals pouting, threatening and suicide bombing their way to heaven.

Then there is the UDHR, Article 2 for those who believe in human rights.

What about my right to live in my country without being surrounded by the dregs of the third world?

What about Cab drivers, who is going to drive our Cabs?? Lol

Within next decade or so: robotics and AI will replace all drivers of all commercial trucks, buses, taxis etc.

The better question is what do you do with hundreds of thousands of uneducated Muslim males who are no longer employable?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nah Lots of home grown drug dealers around. SOme already drive cabs. Probably have to import rickshaw drivers though. Special skills there.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I'm not prejudiced but I think there should be a 10 year moratorium on immigration and an incentive to grow our own. We should have a moratorium until we can figure out what percentage of crime and what percentage of the prison population is made up of immigrants and who that compares to the percentage of the total population. If the results are favourable at that time we can resume immigration at a reduced rate. A good percentage of (good) Muslims would be 2%.