COVID-19 'Pandemic'

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
"Yes isn’t she so precious , getting her full salary and all that television face time ." - You really are a twit, eh? What doctor doesn't deserve his/her full salary? She gets T.V. face time because she's explaining something to an audience! British Columbians are lucky to have Bonnie Henry providing her time for advice. Do you deliberately go out of your way to look stupid, or are you just stupid? :)
You as well are sitting at home collecting your pensions and are probably all right , easy to shut down others means of employment when it doesn’t effect you .

Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She is starting to talk around that a bit and is slowly acknowledging that fact . The odd uncomfortable questions are starting to filter through , JLM will eventually start to notice .
Start to notice what P.G.S.? There's not a hell of a lot that I don't notice, besides the fact there is a hell of a lot more than 2% of victims who succumb AWAY from L.T.C.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You as well are sitting at home collecting your pensions and are probably all right , easy to shut down others means of employment when it doesn’t effect you .
Are you an absolute idiot? My financial status has NO bearing on the situation, period. Let's just stick to the f**king FACTS. The more people intermingle and gather in groups the faster this virus is going to spread. So if people are to continue working safely they are going to have to do it separated from other workers where ever possible. If that can't be accomplished, then the operation has to be shut down before everyone gets sick. You might have to use your last resources and stock pile food to last a month or more. It will be inconvenient and maybe painful but it won't be the end of the world. Jobs will eventually return and debt will eventually be repaid. Jobs are important, health and longevity are much more important

Reactions: Serryah

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Start to notice what P.G.S.? There's not a hell of a lot that I don't notice, besides the fact there is a hell of a lot more than 2% of victims who succumb AWAY from L.T.C.
Check the numbers .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Are you an absolute idiot? My financial status has NO bearing on the situation, period. Let's just stick to the f**king FACTS. The more people intermingle and gather in groups the faster this virus is going to spread. So if people are to continue working safely they are going to have to do it separated from other workers where ever possible. If that can't be accomplished, then the operation has to be shut down before everyone gets sick. You might have to use your last resources and stock pile food to last a month or more. It will be inconvenient and maybe painful but it won't be the end of the world. Jobs will eventually return and debt will eventually be repaid. Jobs are important, health and longevity are much more important
Yes your financial position is very pertinent. You are all right Jack . Easy to close others business and livelihood when it does not affect you . The poor taxi operator that has a mortgage on both his cab and house might think differently.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes your financial position is very pertinent. You are all right Jack . Easy to close others business and livelihood when it does not affect you . The poor taxi operator that has a mortgage on both his cab and house might think differently.
Of course the taxi operator who has a mortgage on his cab and house are going to think differently, but my situation is going to neither help or hinder them. If he can't keep his operation running safely that's the end of it until this is over. Maybe it doesn't have to be that way. A good start might be making it mandatory for patrons to wear masks and show proof of having been tested negative. Laying the blame of me and thousands of others in my situation does nothing to help the situation. We spend $thousands patronizing just such businesses. Would it help if I went bankrupt and found it impossible to support the failing businesses? For Christ sakes THINK before running off at the mouth. I'm still paying taxes....................lots of them and contributing to food banks, so go ahead and kill me financially!

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
We wouldn’t need restrictions/lockdowns if people could just get on board with the basic precautions, sanitizing, distancing and masks. As long as you have people parading for their “freedom” and ignoring the simple advice coming from our medical professionals this thing will continue to spread.

I work in a camp in the oilsands where we have anywhere from four to nine hundred workers living in relatively close quarters. We follow the same simple precautions, but do so strictly and without any holdouts. Case count in camp since the beginning of the pandemic is two.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We wouldn’t need restrictions/lockdowns if people could just get on board with the basic precautions, sanitizing, distancing and masks. As long as you have people parading for their “freedom” and ignoring the simple advice coming from our medical professionals this thing will continue to spread.

I work in a camp in the oilsands where we have anywhere from four to nine hundred workers living in relatively close quarters. We follow the same simple precautions, but do so strictly and without any holdouts. Case count in camp since the beginning of the pandemic is two.
Funny part is the group bawling and yelling about how the gol-dang gummint can't tell them what to wear and not wear are the same ones who want to make it (or keep it) a crime for a mother to breastfeed her child in public.

Reactions: Serryah and JLM

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What constitutes a Liberal? Actually Liberal and Conservative all the same thing 90% of the time! They both do whatever gives THEM the biggest bang!
You know. Liberals are pansies of low testosterone and arts degrees who refuse to acknowledge the natural, god-given mental and moral superiority of White men.

Conservatives are Real Men.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

If everyone stayed in camp for an extended period there would be no need for the rules either. All of Vancouver Island was covid free for quite some time. Until about the time snowbirds started showing up here for the winter since they are not welcome in Arizona and Florida. And a few people just had to go off island for a holiday and brought disease back with them.